Dr Pepper Snapple Group Branch Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Larry D. Young
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great experience learned more about managing people and beverages in 2 years than my previous 15 years in the industry."

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Fundamentally sound company great products.

Cons

Not enough support during busy seasons

Advice to Management

Work closely with your people and respect their decisions

"Women need not apply"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Camarillo, CA

Pros

The personnel from the Headquarters were always very helpful, and responsive to the needs of their employees. The salaries are in line with the trends for the industry. After eleven years, I can say that I was given freedom to handle problems occurring at my particular facility on my own. I was crazy about my job. Excellent Benefits. Infrastructure, which was lacking, has been improving dramatically each year.

Cons

Although the corporate offices have clearly made an effort to include women at every level, at the distribution level the company remains anti-female At this level, as a Sales Manager I was the first and as a Branch Manager, I was the one female out of 200 locations. This may have changed in the last two years.
    In 2005 I was told by a District Sales Manager that he would never ever hire a female. " Too many problems."
    Now most men are intelligent enough to keep that thought to themselves, but that feeling remains hidden under the surface.

I was able to climb the ladder to success rapidly with good old fashioned hard work and a manager who saw only numbers.The shift happened when he was sent to work in finance. He was clearly looking at my results rather than my sex as I climbed the ladder from Relief Sales to Route Sales, To District Sales Manager to Branch Manager. He was replaced by a manager who wanted a rough and tumble all male football team. I could sense my demise on conference calls and also in the way he looked at me with disgust. I was on his team and he didn't like it. I sensed an immediate, "How'd you get here?" Attitude. As with racial injustice, no words need be spoken to feel the, "You don't belong here," eyes.

Dr. Pepper Snapple is like an engine running at half capacity without the female perspective. I showed great results, no one could deny that. Sometimes the softer side of a female, e g (I often brought homemade cookies in for sales meetings and operations crew), can produce better results and happier employees. I Received pats on the backs from my colleagues as I showed positive growth despite the trends.

The bias is so ingrained that being a female at my level was like knocking on an iron ceiling. Dr Pepper Snapple is an old school, good old boy environment, unlikely to change unless forced to.

Our team building include, race car driving, paint ball and hunting. What does this say about the company? Perhaps it's time to get off your horse, put away your gun and join this century.

Without this 50 percent of the population included in your diversity efforts, Dr. Pepper will never survive this new world where the women who do the shopping also want to be included in the boardroom.

Advice to Management

Make a conscious effort to hire women at the distribution facilities. It will take time for acceptance as this fundamental bigotry will not cease quickly. The potential results will also take time as men have a 90 year head start.
    Women will bring passion, open communication, clear direction, often offering unassuming direction to their subordinates along with a breath of fresh air to the customers.
    Without this forced inclusion, Dr Pepper Snapple will not remain competitive. This change will need to be to forced on the Regional VP's and Branch Managers or it will be ignored. I can promise you this.
    If all Regional VP's or Branch Managers were placed in a room and asked to answer honestly, "Should women be included in sales and distribution?" Along with a promise of no harm to their careers despite their answers, you would find that no women would ever be permitted in this Business.
    Gather results from companies that have set up long-term unyielding policies which includes women at all levels and note the resulting growth in sales. Perhaps these facts will help Dr Pepper Snapple to promote this 21st century idea on a 20th century mentality.
    Career opportunities for men are unlimited,. Hard work and results will get a man to the top. For women I would have selected one star or less. Take a look at your sales staff at the branches and lets see that less than 1% move to 50%.

3. "Branch manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work all the time

Cons

Nothing, really is a great company