Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young
Larry D. Young

Cons

1. "A Disabilied X-employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

There is no positive things about this company

Cons

The down sides to working for this company if you have any kind of disability they discriminate against you and will find any way they can to dismiss you. My advice
    to anyone thinking about going to work for this company run don't walk away as fast as you can !

Advice to Management

Stop thinking of Employee's with disability's are expendable they work harder than ones with no disability because they know the value of having a job , are the first ones there and the last ones to leave.

2. "Merchandiser Manager"

Former Employee - Merchandising Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandising Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make many business contacts as you will be interacting with many customers. The health benefits are good compared to other companies.

Cons

If you have a family then this job is not for you. You will be working seven days per week and will put in many 15 hour days. Upper management does not appreciate the commitment that is required and always bottom line blame is placed on your staff

Advice to Management

Allow your mid level managers to run their department and trust them.

"Don't work here"

Current Employee - Production Worker in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

OT is required and consitant

Cons

Benefits stink
    Pto stinks
    Management
    More gossip than working with lots of woman
    Always something bad going on

Advice to Management

Fix management and employee situations

4. "Just a stepping stone. No more No less"

Current Employee - Truck Driver/Route Sales in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Truck Driver/Route Sales in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is okay not great but not horrible. Always a different work environment every day. Working a route sales / truck driver position. Never a dull moment. Both good & bad.

Cons

To much workplace drama for a bunch of adults. Certain people feel that doing a certain job is beneath them.

Advice to Management

If you really want a TEAM LIKE atmosphere then you need to do more to create the TEAM LIKE atmosphere. Senior management needs to be out in the field more to actually see what happens & what doesn't happen. Instead of just relying on what is told by other managers. Need to actually fix or attempt to fix problems instead of just acting like they do not happen. The entire location is understaffed & the pay isn't comparable to other locations or competition in the area. If senior management & corporate actually seen what happens in the selling field instead of e hear say or just checking on a couple customers then they would see the entire picture instead of the pretty picture people have painted for them to see.
    Better pay a bonus program & even uniforms ( because I haven't received any in 18 months) would go along ways in boosting moral. But nothing will change until some kind of effort or changing of workers are done. Moral is at an all time LOW in Charleston WV. So if anyone in corporate reads this changes need to happen before it's to late. If not it always be a stepping stone & the turnover rate is going to stay high. In 18 months I have seen at least 10-15 drivers & who knows how many merchandisers that come & go. But you get what you pay for.

5. "Production Supervisor"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

I had a job and got a paycheck every two weeks

Cons

Work insane hours, management but not part of bonus program! 50-60 hours per week, never enough and we were told this is the career path you chose???

Advice to Management

Take care of your lower management team! Every line I managed I increased productivity immensely and it was never enough!!!

6. "Not a career job!"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Working by youself, not in a office all day

Cons

They work you six days a week, You will work every hoilday, and every weekend. Do not expect to get a raise after the 1st couple of years. Long hours and always waitting on truck drivers to drop of the product. And it's hard to move up in the company.

"Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Denver, CO

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working alone/no office. I don't have 20 words worth of good things. Awful company and I'm surprised they aren't out of business yet.

Cons

Long hours, schedule sucks. Pay sucks. Physically demanding work. Stores and management view you as pond scum. No opportunity to advance. Nobody ever checks your work, so lots of people slack. Drivers are always late with deliveries. Stores complain if you aren't first on their route. Upper management is a joke and I honestly don't know what they get paid to do.

Advice to Management

Merchandisers and sales rep need more supervision. You think anyone builds displays or upsells? Nope, because they don't get paid for it and it's just more work. Hold your people accountable for OOS and expired product on the shelves. Make people clean up their back stock. Get your managers out in the field and you would make more money. You're letting uneducated and underpaid riff-raff control revenue and your large grocery customers hate you.

"Waste of Your Time, Choose another place of employment."

Former Employee - Relief Account Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Relief Account Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only reason to work here is...cause your waiting for something better. Don't stay, move to another place of employment. Stress is on the STUPID level. It's just Soda.
    I wouldn't do it again. All branches suffer the same failures because of how DPSG goes to business. No Upward mobility, No leadership, no accountability. They have already taken most of the money OFF the routes so the branch (middle management on up) get more off the incentives than the ones who actually sell the products. They will threaten you everyday and say your not doing your job because you can't sell in a New Item. Don't fall for this kind of On The Job Harrassment, get a lawyer and let him take care of their Immaturity. Their new Motto is, if you sell our 7up then we can get WHATEVER products we want into your store, at OUR PRICE-Point not yours, and not pick up any OUT OF DATES at ALL. Whatever DPSG wants in your store, they will get it. They don't care business owners don't want 100 new Sku's every other month, just send it. I could keep going.

Cons

They can't ENFORCE any rules if you are in the Union. So they BLAME EVERYTHING on the ones who are NOT in the union. Cause the managers can't be responsible, right. Hell, I was told DPSG wants ALL their Managers in the OFFICE! What?? Not in the market. Idiots.
    This place gives you the Illusion of being a good place to work but in reality they are the biggest JOKE in our area. Coke and Pepsi could buy them tomorrow and all their issues would disappear in 90 days because they would get rid of all the management first and put into place the right kind of people. DPSG is Greedy and Desperate for ANY and ALL cases. They will be Dishonest to get it and gives the employees a bad time when they want the items picked up. Managers will add cases to any order they want and blame each other for why it got on the order, UNPROFESSIONAL. They will Discriminate anyone who has their own brain and speaks up.

Advice to Management

Start over. You will never ever be Red or Blue...Sell Sell Sell, cause they way you run only hurts the marketplace. People will eventually catch on to your ridiculous business practices and put you on PROBATION for all the Major Holidays. Then you'll be sorry, Cause the Board Members want their Money...Don't Disappoint them!

9. "Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not a thing. Always want good worker at a cheap price then treat them like crap

Cons

Wages stink, need to fire all the junk employees that don't want to work which is (90%) drivers and merchandiser. Since 7up does not pay, then you get what you pay for. Treat you like a kid. No incentives to work hard.... Wow a threat of being fired does not scare me anymore...Do me a favor and fire me. There is not a negative sign for overall rating.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking good workers are trying to bust the Budget. If operating managers just care about the budget, then tell the office workers to get in the field and work. They are not creating any money. also Labor Day are for those that are in the Labor position in the company and not those that sit behind the desk all day. Take care of those that bust their butt and fire those that don't

"Not worth the time and effort"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Irving, TX

Pros

It's a job
    Stability
    Nothing else I can think of

Cons

Pay
    Hours
    Life/work balance
    Management is sexist if you are female working as merch

Advice to Management

Please talk to the higher ups in paying merchandisers the appropriate overtime pay. They parade that you will get paid $105 a day, but exclude the fact that your hours will average 60 a week. You will work 6 days a week, with "variable" overtime that will drop your hourly pay from $13.12 to $11. I was offered a position, but could not go through with starting because I felt cheated with the pay scale. At my current job, I work 40 hours and am getting paid more than I would at $11 an hour than I would have at Dr. Pepper. Overtime is not the legally accepted time and a half at this company, and I found that just strange. If you have value for yourself, work at Pepsi Co., an awesome company.