Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young
Larry D. Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge (in 21 reviews)

• Long hours, some politics could be stressful at times (in 31 reviews)

1. "Use them for their name then get out!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, weekly pay, good 401K match

Cons

Some of the supervisors/managers are clueless, so you’re stuck doing some of their jobs while still doing your own without being compensated for it. Work/life balance is terrible.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your tail and actually learn what it takes to run an operation.

2. "Merchandiser"

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group part-time

Pros

Always something to do. Makes time go by fast.

Cons

No support from management. Pay could be better. Takes a lot out of the body.

Advice to Management

Better pay more support to staff.

3. "NA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has a bad name due to some bad seeds within the company. If they could weed these guys out it would be a great company to work for.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group does have some very great people employed for them. I work under a wonder boss. I wouldn't change that at all.

Cons

Dr Pepper is a good Company to work for but.. They have management issues.
    The drivers work extremely hard to be very under paid. No i'm not a driver but a huge chunk of this company running properly is the product getting delivered. So when you pay your drivers basically nothing and management treats them terribly your product doesn't get delivered.

When you interview someone tell them the TRUTH about the position the are hiring on for. Myself and several other people I have confided in have all felt they weren't fully informed about the job or things were said that weren't possible.
    People need to be fully informed of the position they are taking on so they don't leave you high and dry.

Every company has a bad seed. This plant bad seed could be the down fall of this location.
    The really Big Guys in this company have no clue about whats going on at these little plant locations and until they can evolve them self they will continue to loose employees due to management.

Account Mangers care for themselves and getting that commissions. They treat the drivers like poop and do not care that a customer did not want a certain product.

District Mangers are most arrogant aholes who just care about the money they are making.

If you aren't someone with a predigest title you aren't crap and they won't bother with you.
    I am considered a "Part Time" employee but I do more than one job that should qualify as Full time. And quite frankly I do both jobs wonderfully and get decent pay for one of the jobs. And only once have I gotten semi decent compensations for the other job I tend to.

Advice to Management

-Weed out the sexes people.
    -Hold the people higher up accountable.
    -Get people within management who enforce rules that are so highly stressed in the interviewing process.
    -Weed out the high paid no cares about the "little people" employees.
    - Proper TRAINING
    - HR Department sweet time in getting people on.
    - Remove the liars.
    - Some people enforce power they DON'T have in this company.
    -When you hire someone on for one job don't give them several others that they won't get compensation for.
    - Monitor employees better

4. "Rethink your Decision!"

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

I'm still trying to come up with some of the Pros!

Cons

Extremely micro-managed. Regardless of what your thoughts are, Senior Management has better ideas. No oppurtunity for growth.

5. "Under Consolidation"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits/Work Life Balance. Unfortunately, the one con I'm going to list needs to be on your mind if you are going to apply. The future is bleak for many employees.

Cons

The RCI program has been great for the company financially for many years, now that most of the low hanging fruit is picked, the RCI program is aiming for savings by chopping heads and consolidating. Be aware that if you are trying to get hired in to a team based department, such as marketing/finance/rmm etc, your job will be axed or consolidated in the future at some point.

"Account manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some freedom to run your route the way you want to. Used to be a much better company.

Cons

Treated very poorly by Management. The demands to cover for loading, merchandising and driving problems are overwhelming.

7. "Overview with organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flex schedule and one work from home day

Cons

Trying to move up within the organization. They only promote who they know. Only marketing and HR gets the recognition. I have started looking for another job outside the organization. BU's do not partner up to solve discrepancies or issues. They are a lot of fake people here. The work is mundane. When they have employee breakout sessions or kick offs only marketing is recognized for their efforts as if everyone else as a catalyst do not contribute.

Advice to Management

It takes a village to raise a child. It take everyone to make DPSG a successful organization. It would be nice if the CEO took time to have a lunch with the regular people.

"Worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly Pay and benefits were good. We got to purchase drinks at discounted price, sometimes...

Cons

FAVORITISM!! Some managers showed lots of favoritism to certain employers. They will fire you for no reason so they can bring people in who they want to work for the company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employers RIGHT!!

9. "Very disheartening and hard work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Loader in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Warehouse Loader in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (More than a year)

Pros

I like the physical work of being a loader at the warehouse but I feel we're over worker and under paid .... great insurance but that's it

Cons

The cons are the work sucks and management really doesn't do a very good job of making my job more efficient and there is a lot of favoritism

Advice to Management

Raise the hourly rate and make the job more desirable and find a way to compensate the guys who are willing to do the next mans job or fire them

10. "It's a job not a career"

Former Employee - Deductions
    Former Employee - Deductions

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company activities. And well that's it.

Cons

No growth. No advancement. You are salary with a time card. Not sure why they don't just say you're hourly. Overtime is limited. Micromanagement is on overload. If you are looking for a fun place to work as a job. This is it. If you want better pay and more opportunities to advance so that you can support a family, buy a house and car and contribute the max of your 401k. This is not it!

Advice to Management

Management classes should be held quarterly if not monthly.