Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated April 10, 2017

"The "IN" Crowd"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plano TX corporate office has a garage for all employee parking! For me....I would arrive early to ensure a great parking spot! Seems everyone clocks in between 8-8:30 a.m. and it is a ghost town by 6 p.m. GREAT work / life balance. Summer hours for many departments!

Cons

Many departments are cliquish. If hired, better learn to be manipulative to quickly to gain acceptance, and maneuver yourself to be a part of the "in" crowd. Sadly, some directors and VP's with an alternative motive heavy influence executive management. If manipulation is not part of your of your DNA, then short term 2 - 3 years to build your resume might be advantageous.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the fear factor. Some VP's use this tactic to limit honest 360 feedback on their performance. There is minimal trust, and fear of losing employment at DPSG; many have witness people lose their jobs that have spoken up. Solution - I would advise Larry Young to meet and greet! Take Coordinators - Managers to lunch privately (1 employee per month) and meet OFFSITE, without notification to the department heads. This will allow you to gain a TRUE perspective of the culture and workplace behaviors. Note* You pick the employee's at random and not your direct reports. You might be surprised by their feedback and how to leverage the business through their scoop of knowledge and suggestions. Just saying.....

"Misrepresented"

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits. They allow u to buy vacation time. Salary is fair. Interview process was easy.

Cons

Upon interviewing amd getting hired i was told my hours would be 3:30 to 11:30 with an occasional late night. That is not the case. I have not been home before 3:30 am on any night since i started. As a salaried employee I do not get OT. They need a second shift. Unwilling to make changes to procedures to improve things.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about expecting you to be a slave on the interview.

3. "DPSG"

Former Employee - Inventory Control in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Control in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to product manufacturing and distribution

Cons

Company does not seek to promote talent from within

Advice to Management

Look within for front line supervision instead of recruiting outside.

"It's a job"

Former Employee - Account Sales Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Account Sales Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation was fair if you did your job

Cons

At the time not enough employee's

Advice to Management

Pay merchandisers a salary that is compete time with like companies

6. "Production forklift"

Current Employee - Production Forklifg in Ottumwa, IA
    Current Employee - Production Forklifg in Ottumwa, IA

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job that pays every week

Cons

Hours....the way things are done and handled unprofessionally

"Sanitation Supervisor"

Former Employee - Sanitation Supervisor in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Sanitation Supervisor in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (More than a year)

Pros

the pay is great only if you never miss a day.

Cons

working 3rd shift does not allow time with family

8. "Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Riverside, CA

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (More than a year)

Pros

Paid holidays and flexible hours

Cons

No communications with management

"Low Pay, No opportunity for growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Somehow hires great people. I loved the people I've worked with and the company did nice things for corporate employees including some free movie premiers for sponsored movies, summer hours (half day Fridays), casual dress Monday-Friday.

Cons

Low Pay compared to market. I've sat in meetings where they talk about payroll being lean to accomplish other objectives. CFO told employees in a townhall meeting that if they don't like their pay or environment to leave the company because other big companies are hiring. Seriously, the CFO said this to all the employee's in the company! Very little opportunity for growth, managers do not follow-through on career pathing because there is none. Dr Pepper has high turnover basically because money is low and opportunities are given to external hires not internally.

Advice to Management

Advise the CFO, Marty Ellen, that employee's do matter! Have a real approach to employee career growth and get competitive with pay.

"Two worlds. Remember, you work for Cash and Titles. Also, Women are Paid Less."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Dr. Pepper is a huge corporation that makes an enormous amount of money each month. Employees in my category (see cons below) have a inconsistent workload that is solely driven by the talents of managers/directors/VPs. In most cases, it'll be lite, less than 8 hours/day, and simple (a caveman can do it). You may or may not have the opportunity to shine. It's hard to bring up more Pros, because there are not.

Cons

There are several viewpoints in this company. First, you have the operational, non-college requiring side that starts at merchandisers and goes all the way up the ladder. Then you have the college required side, which starts at the staff level and goes most the way up the ladder. Then you are divided again into management and above and analyst and below. I'll be reviewing the college required analyst and below prospect of DPSG.

Before accepting an offer here, understand that you'll most likely never reach a manager position here. This company has an unspoken rule not to promote internal employees into manager level positions. This means, once you get to Sr Analyst or equivalent, you will most likely not be promoted further regardless of your knowledge, skill, talent, or experience. The company will go out of its way to hire recent graduates into management positions rather than promote from within.

Now, let's say you are in. Hopefully you'll have a knowledgeable manager, which you probably don't, based on my own surveys. Most of these fellows were hired in order to not promote internal candidates. So either they will have poor reputations at the company's they come from, or they came out of college and do not have proven analytical skills. I remember a VP once explaining to me that in terms of DPSG policy (unwritten) "all managers are expected to have certain analytical skills." What this means is that skills are never interviewed for or tested for. It's also not part of the bonus program Managers are given, but you are not. This all means that you can have a dumb-as-a-rock professional manager and you can't do anything about it.

Education. Regardless of your education level, you'll be treated like a shop clerk, even if your boss is a caveman with a degree from the University of Phoenix. Yes, there are managers here with degrees from those type of for-profit schools. The company will not invest in continuing education. Yes, they have a program to help pay for graduate school, but it's a very low level program and requires you to payback after several years. They will not bring any outside help in to train or provide continuing education. What skills you have going in are the same you'll have going out.

Salary. I'I have a deep and exact understanding of this. In this category, you'll most likely get paid at around the 20th percentile of folks with your degree and experience in the industry. There are instances of folks getting more, but they were either with the company an EXTREMELY long time in their low position or the company hired them directly at that range in order to not promote someone internally. Pay was higher before this company combined into a single entity. Even though this company is extremely rich, you'll not get any bonus or profit sharing (only managers and above get up to 15% bonus). It's a disgusting thing. Yearly, you’ll get a max of 3% increase while your manager gets 5% on top of their bonus.

Thoughts. Not promoting from within is a severe management dysfunction. The low pay is primarily due to the company giving profits away as dividends and stock buybacks for execs.

POLITICS. This is a republican controlled company, so you'll have all the bad aspects of that. This company also pays off politicians through industry sponsored groups, ie, they get together with coke, pepsi, and formed a group. This group dumps cash directly into republican congressman/woman's hands in order or vote down legislation. .

Verdict. If you need a job, come. The job is simple and doesn’t care whether you have talent or not. If you’re lucky, you’ll have another analyst you can learn from. Don’t stay more than 4 years. After that, you need to move to company where you have a future. I’ve been here a LONG time and have a lot to say. I wish I could respond to questions. If you're offered a manager position, come, it's easy and you'll have very little pressures.

Advice to Management

All position requiring university education needs to be involved in profit sharing. 20% percentile for analyst pay is unacceptable. We work for Pay and Titles, remember that. Stop hiring from temp agencies in order to hide open positions from currently employees.

"Decent"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Start early. Nothing other than that, really.

Cons

Long hours, no pay, no direction, lack of training, management, leads, extremely physical

Advice to Management

Pay your employees enough to keep them...otherwise turnover rate will never change.