Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 3, 2017

1. "Want to work"

Current Employee - Retired in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Retired in Denton, TX

Pros

Want to know what goes into making such a quality product.

Cons

I do really have any down sides to working at a great company.

2. "Pallet builder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's OK, get a work out and get paid.

Cons

EXTREMELY Nervous about not being home at all , hope work and family life gets better

Advice to Management

Please hire more people, and work to get balance family life

3. "Office Coordinator"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator: Assistant in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator: Assistant in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Productive, fun company with an understanding management. Flexible hours if needed. Staff is kind and helpful. This company lets you train and learn other aspects of the company.

Cons

Unable to move up and grow, there are limited opportunities for someone in my field. I find it difficult to get coverage for time off.

4. "Great place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the in house clinic. People were great. Very diverse. Lots of involvement in fundraising and helping community. Fun place to work.

Cons

Move a little slow. If more technology used there would be more efficiency in process. Some willing to listen to new ideas some very adamant about doing it the way we have always done it.

5. "Account Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Account Sales Manager in Lake Charles, LA
    Current Employee - Account Sales Manager in Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very organize position that can really prepare you for high level sales job.

Cons

nothing i have notice so far.

Advice to Management

Maybe change the pay structure

6. "Operations Supervisor"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is always room for growth and personal improvement. It's a safe and constructive workplace, almost everyone is friendly. A national company so facility to facility transferring is fairly simple. Typically management is fair.

Cons

Often short staffed so some limitations affect desired time off and time to devote to other projects. There seems to be a rift between certain departments. Not everyone has the same team attitude. Management expects a lot out of its employees and often without giving directions to go towards.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to pay comparable to your competitors. Have management discuss the direction they want you to go in and avoid miscommunication between different levels of management.

7. "Great Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Great pay for just graduating, good benefits plan, fun working environment.

Cons

Some drama in my department

8. "Accounts Payable Specialist"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group (More than a year)

Pros

Have more training with SAP

Cons

Rehire former employees more advance opportunity

Advice to Management

Stepping stones to move and advice up

"Good if you like a hard, physical job."

Former Employee - Route Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Route Driver in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

If you like free drinks, pretty good pay (once you get your own route; they could probably stand to pay their helper drivers more), and working out everyday throwing soda then this job is perfect. Most of the customers are easy to work with and only ask that you do your part. We had new trucks and trailers when I left and pretty new equipment as well. The benefits were great for me as a single person. The managers are all pretty good guys who will help when they can. All they expect is you to put in some effort and they'll give you effort back.

Cons

Sometimes very long days (12-14 hrs). Depending on the week it could be a 70 hr week doing a very tough job. The communication between the delivery side and the sales side needs to be improved. Having a bad salesperson can add hours to your day. I don't know if it's changed but the routing was done in another state and many times created problems with how the routes were run.

Advice to Management

Fix problems with routing by communicating better with the people who know the routes, the drivers. A computer program can't plan well if you don't give it all the facts so talk with the guys on the ground and actually use their input. Have salespeople be more accountable. If they don't do a decent job it makes it that much harder for the delivery guys. Other than that, good job.

"Join the peppers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing and beginning to become a significant competitor in the beverage world from a market share perspective. The allied brands are helping the company maintain a competitive advantage while setting up a sustainable business model. While the industry typically has slim margins, the allied brands have helped the portfolio with the margin issue.

Cons

Confusing PTO structure - the archaic combination of vacation and sick time puts a damper on your total vacation time. It seems silly that a company of this size would only give two weeks starting vacation when it's competition is offering 4 weeks of PTO for a similar role. Also, no option to purchase stock, or even beverages at a discount.

Advice to Management

Take a look at figuring out how to attract millennials with a PTO policy. Figure out how to let employees purchase beverages or other branded items at a discount. Increase your employee ownership through both of these things to retain your talent.