DrAxe.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Evan Tardy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Culture, Great Leadership and Talent!"

I have been working at DrAxe.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People:
    In my experience, it starts with the leadership no matter where you go, and the team here is what has truly impressed me. People, especially the leadership, reinforce the culture and they have created an environment that is open, transparent, innovative, entrepreneurial, not mired by bureaucracy, and emphasizes personal development and growth. Everyone here is talented and willing to help out whenever needed.

Work:
    The work has been very rewarding especially given that we are in the health and wellness space. Knowing that you are impacting the health and lives of customers is very satisfying.
    In addition, the company is on an incredible journey and its growth and success is very exciting. It's insane that Nashville locals are not more familiar with this company and its immense success and amazing products (#1 in TN in Inc 500 fastest growing companies, #35 nationwide in 2017?!) .
    The fast growth is very exciting and there are tons of opportunity to help effect change and make a real impact.

This company takes many pages out of top business development books. They truly care about the people and constantly iterating to become better. They don't micromanage, and I have definitely not seen any of the negative/toxic bullying or cussing out that was mentioned in previous reviews.

If you are not willing to grow and push yourself, maintain high standards, or be a team player, this isn't the place for you.

Cons

Because of the fast-paced environment, you have to be able to adjust and be flexible. For some that can be hard to adapt to, but they try to fail fast and learn faster.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate updates and news with the company especially as we continue to grow and expand.

Mar 8, 2018 – Head of People & Recruiting

Thank you very much for your feedback, and specifically surrounding communication. While this is improving, there is still opportunity for improvement. We will continue to iterate on improvements!

"I love my job"

I have been working at DrAxe.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Tons of room for growth,
    -A fun energetic atmosphere of people who are engaged and excited!
    -The days fly by in a good way!
    -Supportive team all around- everyone has your back.. truly.
    -Our products help people transform their health and lives- its meaningful and rewarding work we do.

Cons

-Lots of change if you are uncomfortable with that
    -Fast paced environment

Advice to Management

Thank you for making sure this is such a fun and rewarding place to work! I love it here :)

Mar 8, 2018 – Head of People & Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback!

"Real talk: there's good and bad here"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Franklin, TN

I worked at DrAxe.com (More than a year)

Pros

As much experience as you want to gain.

If you hustle, you can leave with a ton of great knowledge in the digital marketing space.

There are some really wonderful people there, if you're lucky enough to get to know them.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are some definite cons, which is why turn over is so high.

The common thread you see in these glassdoor reviews is an issue with communication. And it's not just a little problem. The frustrating part is, this is not the fault of the employees, it's a problem with the owners and leaders. They’re aware of it, but fixing the issue is simply not a priority.

As someone who was very dedicated to my job and my team members, I was sad to see the culture deteriorate and distrust begin to spread amongst the team. It’s simply due to layoffs, firings, people quitting, and unsuspected/unannounced changes. All of which are problems linking back to a lack of communication and transparency from the leaders of the company. And those leaders aren’t going anywhere.

There is often a sense of competition for who can stay at the office the latest, which, for me, was not something I was interested in. Personally, I advocate for efficiency over duration in a work environment. For a natural health company, draxe.com really has no work-life balance to speak of (outside of customer service and a few other specific roles). If you do plan to keep overtime to a minimum, your lack of willingness to be on call at every moment will be noted. If you don’t get pressured into it over time (having all your work apps on your phone, communication on weekends, staying late on demand), you’ll be considered less hard-working than others.

You will need an unrelenting “go-with-the-flow” attitude to make it at draxe.com.

I rate it a 3 out of 5 because I was able to gain valuable experience, however, there were an equally disappointing number of unnecessary hurdles and poor decisions made while I was there.

Advice to Management

Create a more transparent environment for your employees. Hiding what's happening behind the scenes only makes you appear to have ulterior motives.

Slow down and listen to feedback, customers, and advice, rather than pushing forward so quickly.

Your current employees are likely to have much better insights and thoughts about the advancement of the business than strangers you're interviewing for open positions, regardless of how much job experience they may have.

Mar 8, 2018 – Head of People & Recruiting

Thank you very much for this extremely thoughtful review. We welcome and value honest, thoughtful, constructive criticism as we work to make this company a wonderful place to work.

Communication... More

4. "Amazing Place!"

I have been working at DrAxe.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing people (smart and fun to work with)
    - True open door policy with President of company and HR director
    - So much opportunity for career growth (if you are hungry).... I have seen multiple people be promoted within 3-6 months of starting with the company
    - Leadership empowers you to do your job and does not micromanage
    - The work we do changes lives
    - Ongoing learning is constantly encouraged and supported

Cons

- Serial entrepreneurs and explosive growth means the company is constantly changing.... not everyone is going to like that
    - We don't do corporate communication very well... but the leadership team has really put a lot of effort into it recently and it is noticeably improving

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Mar 8, 2018 – Head of People & Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback, and thank you for seeing the effort towards improved corporate communication. We are acutely aware that this is a great area of opportunity!

"Disappointing: Cons Outweigh the Pros"

Pros

There are a handful of truly wonderful colleagues here.

Great opportunity to quickly gain a lot of experience in the digital marketing space.

On the customer service side, there are some great opportunities to positively impact customers.

Cons

The cons are unfortunately higher and more disappointing than the organization wants to admit. The high rate of turnover alone is indicative of this.

Employees have lost trust in the management team for many reasons. The organization is handicapped by some of management's inability to be honest and transparent in their communications. Over the last few months, layoffs, firings, resignations, and multiple last minute and/or unannounced changes have dampened team culture and fed a growing mistrust of leadership among the team.

While my 1 out of 5 rating seems harsh, despite the valuable experience gained, it is a result of management's mistreatment of employees, dishonesty, lack of ethics, and poor business decisions. It's been such a disappointing thing to see.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees the way you would want to be treated. Listen to them and take their thoughts into consideration. Take time to think things out and be proactive instead of reactive. Operate with honesty and transparency always, but especially during difficult organizational changes.

Mar 14, 2018 – Head of People & Recruiting

Thank you very much for you feedback. We are disappointed that your experience here was not what we would have wished for you to have had. We strive to create an place where people want to work... More

"Steer Clear: Toxic, Dysfunctional, and Unprofessional"

I worked at DrAxe.com full-time

Pros

There are some wonderful people at the lower levels. Working for a fast growth company, as well as the perks of monthly products, office-wide snacks, breakfast on Wednesdays, and the casual work environment are all appealing. But…

I would gladly take all of that away to work for a company that operates with integrity and strategic vision, encourages clear communication, values their employees, and held leadership accountable for their actions.

Cons

Preface: The collection of 5-star ratings, almost all posted between May and July 2016, was intended to boost a strong 5-star rating to better position the company for an upcoming hiring push. I am writing this review, because Glassdoor reviews are a resource I took into consideration (prior to accepting a position at Dr. Axe) and I want others to know the truth as they consider if this is truly a place they want to work.

From the outside looking in, an opportunity here seems like rainbows and butterflies for someone who has a passion for health/wellness or digital marketing. At the lower levels, many employees are wonderful; however, company leadership lacks maturity and experience, they operate without accountability, and they have blatantly and unapologetically lied to staff when it best serves their agenda. You will hear people at Dr. Axe often speak proudly about their ability to “pivot quickly” There is a lot of pivoting, because decisions to move forward with new projects/actions are made in haste, without clearly or strategically thinking things through, and without full consideration of the possible repercussions.

At the leadership level, there is also bullying and favoritism (i.e. denigrating and intimidating employees, to include cussing out employees), which has continued to go unchecked (even after reports to Human Resources). If you are not part of the clique or a family member or close friend, you will likely feel insecure, out of place, and question your job security. Also, if you are pregnant or hope to become pregnant while working here, you should know that at least two women have returned from maternity leave and been either severely demoted or fired.

Of note, within the last few months, there has been a revolving door of employees at this organization. At least two employees were hired and fired within a few months, five employees were laid off and, under one particularly toxic manager, several employees have voluntarily left the organization. Until this organization addresses some major leadership issues, think twice about working here.

Advice to Management

Operate with Integrity. Hold your leadership accountable. Live what you say you believe.

Mar 6, 2018 – Head of People & Recruiting

First of all, we would like to express our disappointment that this was your impression of working at Dr. Axe. We take our culture seriously and work to have a respectful environment. Everyone on... More

"Amazing for some people, horrible for others"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at DrAxe.com (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with brilliant people in all areas of the business.

From customer service to product dev to social media to marketing, these are seriously some of the most talented people on the planet.

But the crazy thing is nobody is resting on their laurels.

Everyone is looking to grow and there are tons of opportunities. You're always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new -- even if that means challenging the status quo and breaking all the rules.

Like anything in life, you'll get out what you put in. If you're looking for a place to coast or a straight up 9-5 work life, then this probably won't be a good fit for you.

But if you're willing to work hard (and be rewarded for the work you do), then this may be just the change you've been looking for.

The salary is competitive and benefits are on the way. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code. Monthly (and generous) stipend of the products.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand. Your team is there to support you. But the key is that word: support. No body is going to do your job for you.

If you need constant affirmations from management and aren't willing to push yourself, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

-- Keep inspiring, motivating, and enabling employees to do their best work. You set the example of excellence at the top. And as we grow, that will only be more important.

-- Transparency is key. Shine more light than you think is necessary -- so everyone knows what's going on.

-- Nail down roadmaps and onboarding. As more employees join this rapidly growing company, it'll be key to have systems that bring people in and get them up-to-speed efficiently and effectively.

-- Last but not least, keep up the great work! The leadership is amazing here. Every one on the leadership team cares for the employees and embodies the core values of the companies.

There's an old saying: "A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Right now, the leaders embody this idea to the fullest.

Keep it up and we'll do even more than we all thought was possible.

Sep 14, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you so much for this feedback! This feedback to leadership is vital and welcomed and drives change within our team. One of the most recent changes is the addition of health benefits! And we are... More

"Greatest Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DrAxe.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leaders at Axe Wellness are always focused on helping the customer get healthy and helping the employees live their best life ever. We have an incredibly healthy work environment, positive attitudes and healthy schedule. The team at Axe Wellness encourages the employees to live a healthy balanced life and to increase their knowledge in wherever field they love.

Cons

While we are well cared for int he office, the employees are not yet provided with health insurance.

Sep 14, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you so much for your comment. An update for those reading this comment, we now offer health insurance benefits!

9. "High Energy, Positive Environment, Opportunity for Impact and Influence...and Tasty Snacks"

I have been working at DrAxe.com full-time

Pros

I have been working here, full-time, for almost one year. The environment here is unlike any I have ever experienced. Everyone is so positive, full of energy and inspiring. It feels like one big family, where all opinions matter and everybody is willing to help no matter what department they work in. I wake up every day excited to go to work. We work extremely hard to help people become the healthiest they can be and it feels so amazing to be a part of that.

Cons

We are improving/growing every day, making us stronger and able to continue building our foundation with our mission. If you aren't prepared to work hard to help grow a company then maybe this job isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing job!

Sep 14, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for posting your positive experience! As you already know, leadership is passionate about making Dr. Axe a fantastic place to work. Keep feeding ideas, feedback both positive and negative... More

10. "Best Job I've Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

Pros

Most encouraging place I have ever worked. There is so much room to grow!

Cons

There are no cons that I have experienced.

Sep 14, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for the positivity! Please keep new ideas coming! We need them! We need you!