DrChrono Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Nusimow and Daniel Kivatinos

"Come work here - it's awesome!"

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel so lucky that I found drchrono. The people are kind, friendly, and sincerely want everyone around them to succeed. The office is stacked with yummy goodies, we get free catered lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays, and for the days where that doesn't happen, you can grab some frozen snacks from the freezer like burritos, burgers, etc. The office is in a good location (although we're growing fast and should probably move somewhere else soon). The company does fun activities for team bonding, and we're given every Apple product under the sun to help us do our job well.

Cons

I don't like that there's a 20 word minimum for this, because it kind of "forces" you to be negative. So I guess if I must say something, I wish the pay was higher (who doesn't!). I also wish working from home was not necessarily encouraged, but less frowned upon. Sometimes you just need a day away from the buzz to recharge your energy and focus on your work, to then come back the next day with fresh energy and ready to kill it with your teammates! But this is would just be the cherry on top. Once again, it's an amazing company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - you're all incredible managers and your passion for the product and for your team is so obvious. The one thing I'd like would be to get more engineers on board so we can build the tools to make our customers the happiest EHR users around :) and as someone else said, gym membership would be nice! Now, my advice to job seekers: come work here! You get to make a true difference in the product/growth instead of working for a company so large that you get assigned tiny, tiny tasks. Can't wait to see where we're headed!

2. "Great medical software company."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team in all departments.
    Good management.
    Nice office in good location.
    Free lunches, drinks, sweets.
    Good hardware and software to make job done.

Cons

None at this point, and looks like it is going to be rather better, not worse.

3. "Good company getting better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at DrChrono (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product
    Great technology
    Always innovating
    Genuinely good ambitions

Cons

A little bit of inexperience at the time so there was some micromanagement and misguided direction with the product. I have heard things have gotten much better since.

Advice to Management

Keep on rockin!

5. "Reviewing for the current influx of new hires."

Current Employee - SDR in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Mountain View, CA

Pros

I am on the sales team and am writing this review because we are actively hiring and I am invested in attracting and continuing to work with hard working, humble, smart people. I am not management. That in itself should say enough - this company has my buy in enough for me to write about it here on my own free time.

It's hard to really sum up a job experience into a list of pros/cons. I have mixed feeling on Glassdoor, but I get it's a tool a lot of people use so I will try my best. Pros = the people you work with, no dress code, free Apple gear (iPhone, iPad, Macbook) no micro management, interesting and complex industry, competitive pay, freedom to develop your own work flow within a larger set of guidelines, fast growing company with a great competitive and technical product in a maturing market, there is real room for growth, forgiving and sometimes surprisingly human management team that still expects high performance.

I see other reviews write about Free Lunch Fridays like that is a feature going to keep talent at a company. One mediocre catered lunch a week isn't what keeps me at drchrono. The other people are what have kept me here, and I know that's true for my close friends at drchrono as well.

Cons

"Nobody's perfect but you're perfect for me" (Yes, I listen to J Cole while I make my calls on Spotify).

Cons = sometimes exec team doesn't know what they are doing, on the sales side there is favoritism, it makes me feel bad when people call the sales line with customer support issues because our support can be off and on, the office is really cold in the mornings, and we can't drink beer while working until after 5pm.

Advice to Management

gym memberships discount would be nice.

"One of the best places to start your career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome work culture. The team is willing to listen and learn. I am making a difference in healthcare. People from different teams help you to achieve your goals.

Perks: Free lunch Friday's and a movie night once a month.

Cons

I haven't faced anything negative in the company.

Advice to Management

Keeping smart people around is important. Treat them well and it will easily pay off in the long run.

"Business/Sales Development Representative"

Pros

I love working at drchrono. Why? The job is fun, the people are great, and our product is stellar. The work is challenging (aka I rarely get bored) and I'm always learning something new about the world of healthcare, doctors offices, and the processes involved in starting your own medical practice. My job is actually rewarding because we are helping doctors make their lives easier. I've built some great relationships with coworkers and customers! Another perk about working at drchrono is that you can be yourself-- yes there is a process to follow when it comes to tools, approaching new leads, etc., but how you carry out that process is totally yours. Being in this role has allowed me to be creative with how I solve problems for customers and fellow coworkers. The work environment is positive all of them time and I feel a sense of real team camaraderie everyday in the office. Great product, great people, great benefits.

Cons

There are a lot of meetings (well, there's two weekly meetings) which, is not really a "con" but, sometimes I feel like it gets in the way of time that I could be working. The meetings we have are our weekly Sales meeting and Company wide meetings which are actually cool once you're in them because you hear about what's going on on the dev side and any updates that are going on in sales.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thanks for hiring me!! :) I love being on the team.

"High turnover"

Pros

Interesting domain and solving real life problems.

Cons

Leaders, if they can be called that, have no clue what they're doing. They're inexperienced and do not know how to accept guidance or feedback. And they wonder why they never closed a round of funding.

DrChrono Response

May 15, 2016 – COO / Cofounder

I am sorry you feel that way. The leadership team has been working hard to make sure everyone has a voice, learning and has support. Turnover at the company over the last several years as been at ... More

"Fun & rewarding career in healthcare software technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Great place to work, motivating and super-smart coworkers, win-win work culture, backed by some of the best investors in the world, a company that values technological innovation and keeps pushing the edge of the envelope with it's product.

Cons

Healthcare is a really brutally tough industry. You have demanding customers who are under a lot of stress themselves who can be short tempered and hard to deal with. You also have weird incentives in the healthcare field where all of the money coming into the system is from the U.S. government and private employers: doctors, patients and insurance companies are merely pawns in this game. Very few people truly understand how and why our country's healthcare policy is formed.

"Amazing Team on a mission to change healthcare"

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people here, we have a fun office culture, we celebrate together and work hard on projects. Seeing the progress we've made makes me proud.

Cons

We are a start-up so we do have limited resources and always need more of everything we want.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and keep investing in great people.

"drchrono review"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing atmosphere. Instantly felt at home and welcome. Very thorough training and you are surrounded by driven, outgoing, and genuine individuals who are open to help you out at any moment. I came from the quick serve restaurant industry and couldn't be happier with how the company is ran or the direction the company is going. 5 stars all the way.

Cons

None that I can think of