DrVita Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Wayne Gorsek

1. "Excellent new manufacturing, lab and distribution technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at DrVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

State of the art facility and equipment to manufacture and test plus warehouse and ship dietary supplements. Exceeds FDA GMPs and formulations are far superior to competitors products, they actually work and provide a health benefit. Supplying products to Costco, Dr. Weil and other major reputable companies and brands is exiting. Tons of opportunity to advance with a hyper growth company.

Cons

Requires hard and smart work to be successful in a rapidly growing entrepreneur owned company so those that want to work slow and move like a tortoise will fail quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for the best people in every position and do not accept average to poor performance from anyone including vendors

"Run away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at DrVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner lived in the shadow of his past accomplishments and never could focus on the future

Cons

Upper management didn't recognize the work and effort that those of us who sweated and put in long hours making this work. Terrible benefits if any .

Advice to Management

Appreciate all you workers and treat them fairly.

3. "A great company!"

Current Employee - Worker in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Worker in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

open to hearing employee ideas, management is not abusive or overbearing, friendly environment overall and great perks with the company vitamin program!

Cons

I wish we had more company functions!

Advice to Management

keep growing

"Executive"

Former Employee - Executive in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Executive in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at DrVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product and supplement manufacturing facility. Great formulations and basis to build a company.

Cons

CEO does not know his costs or how to manage staff. Doesn't follow through with his promises and only touts his former business as a success. He's living a "pipe dream". He spends most of his time creating lists for all of his management and staff to follow up on. He has no patience and no strategy. It's his way or the highway. He has hired and fired 7 CFOs (in the last few years) and great people in management but is a barrier for them getting their jobs done by pulling them off task on what he thinks they should be doing.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the founder and CEO and start all over. Or put him in a box as a spokesperson to keep him out of day to day operations. This won't happen because his ego and bank roll of the company will get in the way.

6. "Crazy Fun Place to Work"

Pros

Startup, Freedom, Creativity, Great employees, wonderful location

Cons

It's a startup, so strategies can shift and people can come and go

Advice to Management

try to focus on your core, and don't get sidetracked with a million benchmarks

"Happy to get out"

I worked at DrVita full-time

Pros

For a start-up company, they made many great promises - health benefits, 401K, free employee cafeteria, vacation & holiday pay - not much panned out.

Cons

Backbiting, lies, poor management, lack of involvement by higher level bosses

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better!

8. "Working for this company - the people are what make it enjoyable. Laid back but unprofessional."

Former Employee - Purchasing Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Purchasing Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Majority of the employees are enjoyable and laid back to be around. ThIs company is a start up so it's a good way to earn experience in the nutraceutical industry.

Cons

Management has been on either extremes (micro management and not being involved). Consistency and experience is needed

Advice to Management

Favoritism should not be tolerated as far as hiring and decison making is concerned. Consistency is key.

"Sex, Money, Drugs"

Pros

Coworkers bonded Out of necessity to cope with management problems

Cons

Run! No amount of money is worth the lack of management and vision of this company.

Advice to Management

Retire. Please.

10. "Decent Start-up Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at DrVita full-time

Pros

Really relaxed, laid back environment. They change executives like they change their underwear, but it is overall a good company. They're just kind of starting up, so hopefully they will be better in the next 1-2 years. They offer insurance -not the best but it's pretty good if you don't have any at all. They provide lunch on Fridays too!

Cons

Many of the departments are not in sync which can you leave you confused and out of the loop.

Advice to Management

It would really help, if all departments were on one accord. Also, test out things before implementing them.

"I love working for DrVita.com"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at DrVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at DrVita.com has been such a pleasure. My team is hardworking, productive and supportive. I feel that my work is truly appreciated and I am not afraid of sharing my thoughts and opinions to benefit the company as a whole and our customers experience. I love that I can stand behind our products, as I use them everyday. Overall, I am highly satisfied and have no complaints.

Cons

Communication and project organization was a little shaky when I first began working. However, with our new management hierarchy and morning meetings in place I have seen vast improvement. Let's continue to grow together!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.