DraftKings Reviews in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins

"Great Learning Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for more than a year

Pros

* I've learned more in 1 year at this company than maybe I have in my entire career. * Challenging engineering problems to solve (never bored at work) * Team is always looking to improve and evolve on everything. * Everyone is open to hearing intelligent constructive feedback on process and development. * Lots of culture perks: beers on tap, free snacks, haircuts, massages, manicures, great company parites.

Cons

* LONG hours * Always super busy

Advice to Management

Management needs management training, people need positive feedback to feel happy.

DraftKings2015-09-30

"Great people, great work, strange morally"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people, loved hanging and learning from some smart and down to earth engineers. Open office space, it was great to be able to work with the developers in an encouraging environment, and the CTO was among the engineers. Free snacks and drinks, even beer, and great location. Free tickets to sporting events too!

Cons

Morally, the business model isn't too appealing; it's essentially feeding people's addiction that's causing them to lose money. Also, the company is sort of in hot water with logistics of legality, which is scary to play with.

Advice to Management

Not much, maybe pay a *tad* higher for intern developers (that's how you get the best), and maybe some more small perks for employees, even interns, like a housing stipend or bike or some sort of extra fun.

DraftKings2015-09-28

"The Best"

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for DraftKings is like winning the professional lottery- the environment here is really collaborative and fun. Everybody really does enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

The hours can be long depending on your position, but it's worth it for the culture.

Advice to Management

Keep things up!

DraftKings2015-09-10

"Great, fast-growing company with strong leadership"

I have been working at DraftKings

Pros

DraftKings is growing very quickly and it's a very exciting place to work. Everyone here is eager to collaborate and work hard, and supportive of any initiatives that are going on. There's huge opportunity for employees at every level if you're driven and passionate about what you do. C-level executives are incredibly smart and also appreciative of their team. I'm looking forward to see where the company goes in the next...

Cons

No cons. Spending very quickly to acquire customers, but will need to reel in at some point to sustain.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

DraftKings2015-09-01

"Amazing, diverse team of very smart people"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

DraftKings has been an amazing place to work. I have met amazing developers and technical leaders, and have learned a tremendous amount since I started, and know I will continue to learn a lot. Office perks are top-notch, all staff is friendly and accommodating, leadership is very in tuned with every single employee's well-being, and despite rapid growth, things still feel very organized and the driven to a mutual goal.

Cons

Because the company is so young, and growing so fast, a lot of teams are in scramble-mode, and lacking leadership, since many of the leaders are new employees as well. This won't be sustainable in the long term, but in the short term it's completely manageable.

Advice to Management

Continue on your current course creating structure in your fast growing teams, splitting teams as necessary, and improving overall flow between different teams and divisions. You're doing a great job.

DraftKings2015-08-28

"Changing the way the world experiences sports"

I have been working at DraftKings

Pros

Every day at DraftKings is exciting and the pace of progress, news, and growth of both the DFS industry and our share of it is mind-blowing. With our international expansion we are taking Americas love of fantasy sports to the rest of the world and truly changing the way people experience sports they love and introducing them to new ones.

Cons

Weekends are a great time to kick back and enjoy sports and time off, but in this industry NFL Sundays are the peak of the year and in many roles you'll need to work many/all of them.

Advice to Management

A company that is growing at nearly one employee per day results in a lot of unfamiliar faces. Find new and creative ways to introduce tenured employees from one department to the new ones in others.

DraftKings2015-08-25

"Great culture and work environment, great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Data Analytics in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome perks, great people, exciting growth and opportunities -- ideal if you love sports! Fast moving company with very flat structure and autonomy over work. Every employee has the opportunity to make a significant impact on the direction of this rising star.

Cons

Things move very quickly at the office, which is generally a great thing but does mean that sometimes longer term research and insights can be overlooked in favor of short term priorities/"need it now" projects that might not drive as much value.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

DraftKings2015-08-17

"Love working at DraftKings!."

I have been working at DraftKings for less than a year

Pros

For the short time that I have been working at DraftKings I have learned so much invaluable information from awesome coworkers that I know I will continue to love working here! My team is great, and everyone at the office is working together to achieve the same company goals.

Cons

There are no cons to working at DraftKings, it's Awesome!

DraftKings2015-07-08

"Best Company you will ever work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time

Pros

BENEFITS! I get some of the best benefits I have ever had. The people are great to work with. It is like walking into another set of friends. Everyone is working towards a common goal to be the best in the industry. Its also awesome to see the company you work for on ESPN every day. Snacks in the break room along with couches, tvs, bubble hockey and more. I hope I work here forever!

Cons

Tough commute if you don't live in the city but that's the same for almost any job in Boston

Advice to Management

Keeping people hungry to be the best and rewarding them for their hard work is really the only way to make people want to come to work and you guys are doing it!

DraftKings2015-07-08

"Great people, great company!"

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked for a few high-tech companies and there is no comparison. I am surrounded with smart, passionate, dedicated and talented employees that are collaborative, supportive and are authentic on how we treat one another. Company is growing so fast that career opportunities are every where. Culture and values are just not buzz words, it's the real deal here. If you don't fit any of the above, please don't try to...

Cons

We work a lot of hours but the trade off is that we are accomplishing amazing goals and creating opportunities for DK everyday. Recruiting cannot hire fast enough.

Advice to Management

Management team, keep up the amazing work of caring and valuing your employees. As you keep saying, 'great employees make a great company' and that is true at DK!

DraftKings2015-07-14