Cover image for DraftKings

Found 385 of over 434 reviews

4.1
DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins

What people are saying about DraftKings

Join the conversation on

Tech

473K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=DraftKings~902154
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DraftKings and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

People first, always.

Apr 5, 2022 - Senior Marketing Specialist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

DK has been working so hard over the last few years to continue growing at a fast pace and keep culture alive in a remote environment. The effort that the leadership team has put into supporting the business resource groups is admirable. They show up to meetings, they listen to complaints and enforce positive change. People are awesome - smart, driven, passionate environment with lots of room to learn and grow. If you work hard, you will be rewarded. It may just come at mid year and end of year.

Cons

Growth comes with challenges, new management and new ways of doing things can be scary at first. But these changes, processes and guidelines are here to make DK a better place. Hopefully the changes start to ease off and we can get back to what we do best. Do not force people back into the office when most of their team is remote.

4 people found this review helpful

DraftKings Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are elated to hear that our people continue to drive the positive culture at DraftKings. The leadership is proud to continue supporting the critical initiatives of the Business Resource Groups to drive positive change. We appreciate your patience during times of change and growth as DraftKings continues to expand the business.

2. 5.0

Fun

Nov 12, 2022 - CX Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engaging , good hours, remote

Cons

Low pay really low pay

3. Join the DraftKings team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Beware of promotion promises during interview process

Oct 17, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

In general, DraftKings is a good place to work. Some highlights: * "Unlimited" PTO that's easy to take; they encourage people to take time off to destress * Decent pay and benefits, including stock grants * Good documentation * Lots of very smart and helpful devs * Choice of in-office, hybrid, or remote work * Fun products to work on

Cons

While interviewing, I was repeatedly told I would be promoted within the first year. This was never put in writing and I was gullible enough to fall for it. After I joined I found out that basically nobody gets promoted in a year and it usually takes more like 2-3 years before a promotion, if it happens at all. I also found out that several other people were told the same thing during interviewing. It's a recruitment tactic that they use to get people in the door. Furthermore, they've recently announced that they're making changes to the promotion board and process to make promos more difficult to achieve. So if you happen to be interviewing for DraftKings, and like all the other potential aspects of the role and company aside from the quick promotions they promise, then by all means join. Overall it's a good company and I've definitely worked for far worse. But be forewarned that any talk of quick promotions is false and just a tactic to persuade you to accept an offer.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great role to get your foot in the door

Nov 22, 2022 - CX Associate in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, great coworkers, tons of room for growth, mostly remote

Cons

Barely $20 an hour is tough in this economy.

DraftKings Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with candid feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoy the office environment and working with your teammates. The Customer Experience team is a great way to get started at DraftKings and grow within the company. Regarding compensation, leadership is working to ensure that DraftKings remains competitive with pay and benefits. We appreciate you leaving feedback so we can continue to make improvements.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a lot of opportunity to grow within Department or internally

Oct 31, 2022 - Customer Experience Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

-people are great, nice and respectful - the culture is awesome

Cons

-No room to grow within the department or internally. I have seen people grind in this position including myself but others who don’t work as hard as others get promoted for some reason or others who don’t work as hard get the option to move internally. Most of time, the reason for promotion is if it’s as if if you are more liked or not. -thus, in this position, hard work is frowned upon and they will like you to do the bare minimum (ie: get criticized for working with vip hosts, PDEs) -Please figure out quality vs quantity aspect of this work. Sometimes, you can’t have it both ways. What do you want the most from associates? Once you figure that out, then people can follow. -Hard work is not noticed by the managers or this department

7. 5.0

Love it

Nov 9, 2022 - N A
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company i really enjoy working here

Cons

None that I can think of

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love it!

Nov 3, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything about the company amazes me.

Cons

There are no cons and I LOVE working here.

9. 5.0

Great Company Culture

Oct 25, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Company Culture Great Compensation Good work/life Balance

Cons

Shaky onboarding process Some redundant tasks assigned

DraftKings Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy the DraftKings culture and work-life balance. We appreciate your feedback on the onboarding process, and we'll make a note to the team and look for areas to streamline processes where possible.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good relaxed place to work with bad oncall

Sep 24, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- nice, relaxed people - slightly above average compensation - 35 hours a week other than oncall - very high WFH flexibility - fun products to work on sometimes - a few really talented engineers that stay for the product

Cons

- low pay for high performers - work is not super challenging - some managers don’t seem to put in effort toward the growth of those under them - ONCALL: the oncall is pretty unreasonable here; there is not enough focus on reducing unnecessary pages in basically all teams. Oncall should really be paid given this.

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0

Great Company

Nov 14, 2022 - Marketing Specialist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome benefits and great work/life balance

Cons

lack of employee diversity and meeting heavy

DraftKings Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy DraftKings' benefits and work-life balance. Inclusion and equity continue to be a top priority for our leaders, and we will continue to work with our DEI team and Business Resource Groups to ensure a safe and diverse space at DraftKings. We understand that meetings, although essential, can take up time throughout the day - we encourage you to work directly with your manager to reduce meetings where possible.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 385 Reviews
</>Embed

DraftKings Reviews FAQs

DraftKings has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 434 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at DraftKings to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DraftKings employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DraftKings. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

80% of DraftKings employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DraftKings 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DraftKings to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with DraftKings Job Seekers