KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 11 of over 291 reviews

4.7
DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins

What people are saying about DraftKings

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DraftKings and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great WLB, Great teamates, good salary

Jul 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- 8 hour day is typical - Teammates are intelligent and there is not a bro culture - Salary is pretty good - Managers and timelines are realistic - Low stress

Cons

- Certain higher level software engineers have an attitude - Release process is lengthy but required

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good people, good WLB, good company

Jul 6, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great office, collegiality and culture are strong

Cons

At the time, there was some high-level disorganization (understandable in hindsight as the IPO was about to happen).

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fun product, moving fast

Jan 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun products, good people, fast paced, really positive business outlook

Cons

Fast pace means aggressive timelines and lack of technical foresight

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Your thoughts are much appreciated, and we welcome your ideas for improving internal workflows and processes. We want to ensure our employees have a say in shaping the future of DraftKings. Jason

4. 5.0

Great Company Great Team

Sep 12, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is very open with what's going on. The management works with you to make and reach your goals. Great team dynamics, and cross-team communication. Fun work environment, (miss seeing the team each day since WFH started)

Cons

Only down for me, engineers wear many hats, and some of those can really cut into the day. The plan of engineers needing to own the process from design to support is understandable but isn't my favorite. Though not 'put forth' by the company, the people who really excel, never really turn it off, always watching the dashboards etc, it can take you over.

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. It's great to read that your experience is going well so far. We appreciate your candid feedback. It will be shared with our Engineering leaders. However, in the meantime, we welcome you to relay any areas of opportunity to your HR Business Partner and direct manager. Jason

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I’ve ever worked for! (1 year benchmark)

Feb 25, 2020 - Senior Software Engineering Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, Amazing office in Boston, Nice perks, Decent Benefits, Industry Compensation

Cons

Medical and Dental benefits can be improved

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. We're happy you enjoyed your first year at DraftKings. Continue to let us know how we can support your career. Jason

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Smart, Nerdy, and Fun People!

Feb 3, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laughing and having this much fun around people I work with makes such a big difference. The people here are incredibly gifted. I’ve worked with go-to people at some of the best companies in the country (Google, Netflix, Facebook) but the people at DK are dedicated and the innovation of our technology keeps the people happy. Love the decision I made as I strongly believe this is a premier employer for all men and women in Boston.

Cons

We’re defining an industry so expectations as an employee are high but that was made clear early in conversations before I joined. If you’re looking to make a difference like Uber/Airbnb/Netflix did early on, look no further for a fun grind. If you want a 9-5, look somewhere else.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. We're happy to read how much you are enjoying working at DraftKings. We are here to support your career needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner with feedback to improve your DraftKings experience. Jason

7. 5.0

Fast-Paced and Fun

Apr 8, 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Constant new development and innovation, starting early on you will be expected to design, build, and test your own systems. - Ownership means learning all about the deployment, maintenance, and testing side of the process as well as coding. - Surrounded by excellent engineers. - Fun office perks and culture. Snacks, beer/wine, extra curricular events help build more personal relationships with coworkers - Flexible schedule and vacation time/work from home policy.

Cons

- Incredibly fast paced, and a "bias for action" means projects are often started before they are fully thought out. You will probably build at least one thing that doesn't get shipped or used in production. It can sometimes feel like the team is scrambling without a clear goal. - The engineering org structure is constantly changing, and career paths are not as clearly defined as they should be.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

High octane, high reward, fun place to work!

Mar 25, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constantly striving to improve processes and self, which usually leads to iterationally better products, better process, better infrastructure. Current and always evolving technology stack including almost all areas of work (cloud, DB, mobile, web, High expectations for developers to deliver, test, and deploy high quality code. Industry competitive pay Great growth opportunities. Employees really treated like they are important and culture is truly wonderful and fun! A lot of passionate excited people who love what they do and the product they work on.

Cons

Things move too fast, and often result in unclear objectives. Often, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing i.e. different teams work on similar pieces and lead to issues.

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to learn and grow

Dec 16, 2015 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace environment with a lot of new initiatives that makes it fun to learn and grow with everyone else. Lots of energy in the office and great opportunities to stretch yourself outside of a normal development role.

Cons

There are a lot of ups and downs to moving too fast and can get stressful at times. Also some growing pains in regards to leadership and team management, but you can see the effort to improve upon it constantly.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent place to work and grow professionally.

May 28, 2021 - Senior Front End Developer in Sofia, Sofia (city)
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working from home and my experience is very good, I am working with the best team of all time, so I feel very comfortable there, good tools, good atmosphere, friendly people willing to help you if you need it.

Cons

None that I can think of

Employer Branding Manager

Thank you for your positive review! We're happy to read that you are enjoying so much working for DraftKings. We are here to support your career needs so please feel free to contact the People Team if you need any support!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews