DraftKings "dk" Reviews | Glassdoor

DraftKings Employee Reviews about "dk"

Updated Nov 12, 2019

4.2
DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons for this company at all(in 6 reviews)

• "Without an HR overall DK will be in the headlines soon(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "dk"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Huge DraftKings Fan"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at DK for over a year and a half and it has flown by. What drew me originally to the company was how amazing the culture seemed... I wanted to work somewhere that was growing quickly in a new industry, and that is definitely what I got. Even though growth has been rapid, it is evident to employees how hard HR is working to continue to promote the culture that I fell in love with when first interviewing. We have monthly All-Hands meetings so we are kept up to date on everything happening in our industry, Lunch & Learns to deep dive into different departments and how they contribute to success, and daily Internal Comms in our slack channels with news/updates/spotlights featuring employees. As a female working in the tech industry people often ask me if I notice the large gender gap here. While it is evident when in a room full of employees that the crowd is spotted with women... it doesn't feel that way on a day to day basis (for me anyway). I notice women stepping into leading roles in all aspects of the business, transforming DK into a more diverse workplace. The quick answer - DraftKings is an awesome place to work. The people are by far the best part... being able to say that I have friends in different sectors of the business is huge for a growing company. We have fun workplace events, great perks (mani/pedis, massages, haircuts, blowouts, game nights, yoga, happy hours on Fridays with catered food), and all around the best culture. As a business we are working out some kinks but I can only see us continuing on the upward path we are on.

Cons

Honestly, not many cons to note. It is hard to complain when you like coming into work everyday (or at least most days). The only thing I'd say is while we do promote internal mobility - we also need to make sure we are paying employees the right amount for that job that they move into, not just a little bump or a tiny raise... they should be paid as if they were coming in as an external candidate. Staying competitive with internal mobility is super important!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and stay transparent with the business (like you have been).

DraftKings2019-11-12
  2. "Proud to be at DraftKings"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

- DK Perks - Amazing work culture - Wonderful People

Cons

- Employee Recognition needs some improvement but I know we are working on it so nothing really.

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work while we are growing. Proud to be at DraftKings

DraftKings2019-07-04
  3. "Amazing company with an incredible opportunity in front of us!"

I have been working at DraftKings full-time

Pros

Draftkings has surprised me in the best possible ways at every turn since I’ve started here. The culture is fun and people really seem to enjoy spending time with each other. There is a great deal of freedom to socialize and build camaraderie while being balanced with a commitment from everyone to work hard and get things done. The leadership team seems to really care about the people there and wants to ensure that people are happy, motivated and are given the opportunity to work on interesting work. The potential upside here is unparalleled. I have the opportunity to work with smart, friendly people who are driven, passionate about succeeding and who are great to work with. I feel strongly that this is the next big company in Boston and am really excited about working here. Pay and benefits are very good. They also offer 12 weeks maternity leave, tons of free perks (mani/pedi/onsite barber/massages/great food) and have a solid 401k match. I also feel compelled to share that I am not someone who considers watching sports or playing fantasy sports as hobbies. I am also a woman. When I first joined I was a concerned that both of those things might create obstacles to my success here or that I wouldn’t fit in. I’m glad to say that these things are not must haves and that the company is working hard to hire people who bring differences in thought and opinion. I’m so glad that I made the decision to come work for DK.

Cons

The office space presents challenges for serendipitous interactions with people outside of your department because we are spread out on multiple floors at the moment. That’s changing with our new one floor office that we are moving to early next year. It’s a high growth company so there’s a lot of work to be done. If you’re not ready to roll up your sleeves and make an impact or be held accountable for results it’s probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people. Don’t lose the great culture you’ve built. Keep focusing on growing the business footprint. The sky’s the limit!

DraftKings2018-11-05

"Company growing, employees leaving"

Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I worked at DraftKings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool space, product is unbelievable to be apart of

Cons

HR is completely missing. Employee after employee is leaving and no one is saying why. From my first day not one member of the HR team remains within the company. They have no process for growth. Favorites are picked and moved around the company on thrones. Hours are spent working at home, off hours and they can’t even hand out a holiday bonus??? I have worked the last 4 thanksgivings, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. All I get was a holiday party done in the office steps away from my desk with an after party at a bar. Without an HR overall DK will be in the headlines soon

Advice to Management

Employees are begging to stay with a product they love. Management needs a shake up ASAP

DraftKings2018-11-02
  5. "Review for DK"

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work environment, Experienced team, Always trying to do something new, Technology oriented. They have great culture at Draftkings.

Cons

Sometime I feel like some of the people at DK have bossy behaviors and I feel bad about that,

DraftKings2017-12-17

"A company w/ a heart learning how to share it's greatness in more meaningful ways"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Incredible level of engagement. The people who work here want DK to succeed because they truly love it here. -Everyone will take the time to help you succeed, even if you have no clout yet, i.e. new hires, interns, etc. -Wonderfully diametrically opposed to what you'd expect with sports tech: Thoughtful vs. gut reactions, caring vs. "bulldoze everyone to get what you need," etc. -A very unique perks culture, i.e. people trading onsite barber slots for a the fully-paid massage slot on Slack is very commonplace.

Cons

-Growing so quickly that there we have to play 'musical conference rooms.' That being said, employees are very respectful of each other vs. typical 'stare downs' and glares from the other side of the glass.

Advice to Management

Yes, there is a LOT of work to do, but people simply love working here. Just imagine how the enhancements & tweaks will make DK an unstoppable force in tech (beyond just being known for a cool product/service)! Looking forward to our future.

DraftKings2017-09-26

"Amazing If You Drink The DK Kool-Aid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at DraftKings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perks can be pretty cool including tickets to games and chances to meet players from time to time. 95% of the people are amazing, but there are a few individuals who lack scruples and they seem to be the ones making decisions. The co-founders are wonderful and their vision is great.

Cons

DraftKings is great while you're there and you're drinking the DK Kool-Aid, but the truth is that there is a rampant sexism/harassment problem that is continuously swept under the rug by HR. Promotions are often political and not earned. As far as compensation goes, personally I was paid at just over 50% of my market value and I know I'm far from the only one who was underpaid.

Advice to Management

Deal with your HR problems, they're out of hand.

DraftKings2017-05-03

"Fun, Open Working Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Boston, MA

I worked at DraftKings part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some like to complain about the "Bro" Culture at DraftKings, but I never once saw or experienced that. DK takes care of its employees and is always offering opportunities to grow your career

Cons

Some of the upper management employees simply will not accept when they're wrong.

DraftKings2017-03-10

"Copywriter"

Former Employee - Copywriter in Allston, MA

I worked at DraftKings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of autonomy, creativity, great team and great people. The people who work here are amazing people who buy in to the vision.

Cons

The site currently states $76-78K as the compensation at DK for a copywriter, and that is just not true, laughable, in fact. I ultimately had to leave because I couldn't afford to work there anymore. This is a very difficult company for any creative professional looking for fair compensation.

Advice to Management

Respect the employees who are running through walls for you, no matter how quiet they may be

DraftKings2017-01-18

"Great company with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

DK definitely asks people to work hard, but they have generous benefits (including tuition reimbursement) and fun extras (in-office massage, haircut, and manicures; snacks; discount tickets to games/concerts) as well as competitive salaries. As part of the tech organization, I get to work on interesting projects alongside some very smart engineers. We have all-hands meetings that are very transparent, and the CEO will answer any question honestly; you can even submit them anonymously ahead of time if you don't want to ask in front of everyone.

Cons

There is a very strong bias for action; this could be a good thing, but sometimes it is pushed too far and results in high stress for little net benefit. The negative media attention can also be a pain -- I work for a great company, love my job and have great career trajectory, but when people ask me about work it is often in this hushed tone, as if they are embarrassedly asking about a relative with addiction problems.

Advice to Management

Please keep it up! I have never worked for a leadership team that I believed in so strongly.

DraftKings2016-03-23