KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

DraftKings

Engaged Employer

DraftKings

Add a Review

DraftKings Employee Reviews about "sports"

Updated Feb 6, 2019

Found 7 of over 277 reviews

4.4
DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins
Pros
  • "Fun work environment, (miss seeing the team each day since WFH started)(in 16 reviews)

• "There are great people to work with in the company(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "And it also isn’t sure what it will become in the future - is it a sports company(in 8 reviews)

• "Not much of a work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

What people are saying about DraftKings

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DraftKings and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "sports"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting time to be at DK

Sep 24, 2018 - Coordinator in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, lots of young people looking to make a difference within the industry, team oriented environment - employees are encouraged to do great work to support your team and projects, growing company with lots of opportunities for upward mobility, hiring like crazy perks: mani-pedis, massages, game tickets, free food & snacks,

Cons

People assume you need to love sports to work here - you don't, currently on a bunch of different floors so it feels like we are all very split up but we are moving to an awesome new space (biggest one floor office in Boston) so hopefully that will get better, over 80 percent men but I haven't noticed any real negatives around it...the company is starting a diversity initiative to improve these numbers

10 people found this review helpful

DraftKings Response

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to read how much you are enjoying your team, career opportunities, and the office perks. Diversity and Inclusion continue to be a focus for us. We have a long way to go, but we're investing in key initiatives to establish our D&I foundation. Thank you again for your great review and let us know how we can continue to foster your career here at DraftKings. Jason

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s fine, no major complaints

Feb 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generally the perks are good, the salary is competitive, and the people are intelligent. It’s also nice to have a stable core product and new ones that seem very promising.

Cons

Much of the workforce is young and relatively inexperienced - lots of recent college grads. That can lead to newbie mistakes across the board. Jason is a fine CEO when addressing the details of running the business, but he has a tough time inspiring the workers. The company does reorgs relatively frequently, which don’t involve layoffs but do involve headaches and unknowns that impede effort. And it also isn’t sure what it will become in the future - is it a sports company? A gambling company? A tech company?

4 people found this review helpful

DraftKings Response

VP, People

Thanks for leaving your candid feedback. We are appreciative of your commitment to DraftKings and our success. It's great to read that you are enjoying DraftKings' perks, Total Rewards, colleagues, and our product offerings. We know we're not perfect, but we've been working hard at improving in the areas you have addressed. We have invested significantly in our talent and leadership over the past year. We recognize the need for experienced talent, but we also believe in growing internal employees and rewarding them with opportunities to develop their careers at DraftKings. The industry we compete in is exciting, unique, and evolving. As a company, DraftKings has to remain agile to meet changes in the market. Our industry remains fast-paced and disruptive, as a result we're less concerned about fitting into a pre-existing category definition. We are always improving employee recognition, but we currently reward employees for living the values and our peer-to-peer employee recognition Slack channel, Bravo has much activity. Our employees are very appreciative of each other. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have additional questions. Thanks, Graham

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Changing the way the world experiences sports

Aug 25, 2015 -  in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every day at DraftKings is exciting and the pace of progress, news, and growth of both the DFS industry and our share of it is mind-blowing. With our international expansion we are taking Americas love of fantasy sports to the rest of the world and truly changing the way people experience sports they love and introducing them to new ones.

Cons

Weekends are a great time to kick back and enjoy sports and time off, but in this industry NFL Sundays are the peak of the year and in many roles you'll need to work many/all of them.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Next Big Thing

May 22, 2015 - Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dedication to the product and tech stack is amazing. Can only share so much but if you're looking for a challenge, the new development represents some of the most cutting edge tech I've worked with in Boston. The team chemistry is unmatched and people are driven to succeed.

Cons

Could be tough to back if you have no interest in sports - even that shouldn't be an issue for prospective candidates.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Software Engineer

Oct 13, 2015 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young, fast paced, and growing at a ridiculous rate. Collaborative work environment and high level of expectations for results. Agile development with rapid release cycles. Amazingly fun work environment.

Cons

Speed has is detriments. When demand for ridiculous growth is in order, shortcuts need to be taken. We are also highly at the mercy of pro sports seasons for deadlines, which are extremely inflexible.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Fun but no work/life balance

Aug 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited snacks, beer, and coffee (including cold brew!). Free catered snack on Friday afternoons, which was always way more food than people. Lots of SUPER passionate people who live and breath fantasy sports.

Cons

Lots of SUPER passionate people who live and breath fantasy sports so there was very little work/life balance since fantasy sports never really sleeps. Expectations were often very unrealistic. At times the culture felt like it was based on one upping others and collaboration was hard to come by.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 11, 2017 - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beer Fridays, Encouraged to watch sports, Encouraged to try new things

Cons

Cold Weather, Sports, Mac Office, Snow

Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews