KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

DraftKings

Engaged Employer

DraftKings

Add a Review

DraftKings Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 16 of over 277 reviews

4.4
DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins
Pros
  • "Fun work environment, (miss seeing the team each day since WFH started)(in 16 reviews)

• "There are great people to work with in the company(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "And it also isn’t sure what it will become in the future - is it a sports company(in 8 reviews)

• "Not much of a work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about DraftKings

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DraftKings and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Company Great Team

Sep 12, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is very open with what's going on. The management works with you to make and reach your goals. Great team dynamics, and cross-team communication. Fun work environment, (miss seeing the team each day since WFH started)

Cons

Only down for me, engineers wear many hats, and some of those can really cut into the day. The plan of engineers needing to own the process from design to support is understandable but isn't my favorite. Though not 'put forth' by the company, the people who really excel, never really turn it off, always watching the dashboards etc, it can take you over.

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. It's great to read that your experience is going well so far. We appreciate your candid feedback. It will be shared with our Engineering leaders. However, in the meantime, we welcome you to relay any areas of opportunity to your HR Business Partner and direct manager. Jason

2. 4.0

Jan 21, 2021 - CX Associate in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just about everything. The work environment is awesome, co-workers are awesome. It is a very welcoming company and fun to work for as sports betting is rapidly evolving and changing daily.

Cons

Promotions are rare if you don't have a really good friend as a higher-up as it may be a national company but, it is still a small company mindset in that aspect. To go along with that raises are not a common thing unless you know somebody. Other than that the company is really cool and fun to work for. No complaints besides those!

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your time at DraftKings. Our customer experience associates are the front-line support for our passionate customers, and we appreciate your work to provide them with world-class service. We are happy to read you enjoyed your time with us. DraftKings prides itself on having an entrepreneurial spirit, and we encourage all employees to carve out their career path. Our customer experience team has a track record of promoting employees to different areas of the business. We stress to our CX team members to talk with their manager and HR Business Partner about their career goals, and we’ll help support you in achieving them. Jason

3. 4.0

Fun place to work!

Sep 24, 2020 - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks, awesome work environment.

Cons

Upward mobility has its limits.

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and your longevity with DraftKings. We are investing much effort into internal mobility and career growth. We appreciate your feedback along this journey. If you have additional questions, please reach out to your HR Business Partner and direct manager. Jason

4. 4.0
      Former Intern

Marketing Intern

Jan 3, 2020 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive and friendly co-workers Creative work environment Flexible hours

Cons

I cannot think of any cons for this experience

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are happy to read you enjoyed your internship at DraftKings. Have a great school year. Jason

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best Job I've Ever Had

Mar 14, 2019 - Customer Service in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment, benefits, promotional potential, compensation

Cons

No cons for this company at all

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thanks for leaving your positive review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time here at DraftKings. Best wishes in your future endeavors. Jason

6. 5.0

Software Engineer

Oct 13, 2015 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young, fast paced, and growing at a ridiculous rate. Collaborative work environment and high level of expectations for results. Agile development with rapid release cycles. Amazingly fun work environment.

Cons

Speed has is detriments. When demand for ridiculous growth is in order, shortcuts need to be taken. We are also highly at the mercy of pro sports seasons for deadlines, which are extremely inflexible.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

I wake up excited for work everday

May 19, 2015 -  in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who work hard and enjoy coming to work everyday Everyone is super friendly and work together as a team to make the office a great place to be Open floor office Fun atmosphere- break room with bubble hockey, xbox, dartboard, etc. Free snacks/soda/beer/wine for employees Good health benefits, life insurance, 401k, etc. Flexible work environment Casual- I wear jeans to work everyday! Located in the heart of Boston right across from South Station Amazing company events- sporting events, boat cruise, black tie event Never a dull moment!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Welcome to the Big Time

Mar 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Building a groundbreaking industry - Relaxed but professional work environment - Transparency from upper management - Empowered to perform your job - Lot of different opportunities to learn new skill sets

Cons

- Some senior management needs to be replaced - There can be an unbalance of workload at certain times

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great place to work!

Aug 12, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Super fast paced company, & even entry level positions will have a ton of responsibility - Great management team - Incredible work environment (including multiple kegs on tap)

Cons

- Some people do work fairly long hours, but it is usually because there is so much exciting work to do & we can't hire enough people fast enough!

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Business Data Analyst

Oct 13, 2015 - Business Data Analyst in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great work environment -Fast paced work -Everyone is a valuable contributor and is doing meaningful work that has impact on the business -Everyone works hard, but still has fun -Open floor plan encourages teamwork and engagement constantly

Cons

Not much to say here, DraftKings is great. The hours could be long for some people, but is mostly a product of the exciting growth period we're in.

4 people found this review helpful