Drake Manufacturing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Materials Dept."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, OH

I have been working at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

Going thru rough time

2. "Too many managers with no responsibility"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Warren, OH

I worked at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and not terrible hours.

Cons

Upper level management has misused its resources to pad the pockets of the few and lose out on the employees who generate revenue.

Advice to Management

Remember who brings money in and reward them appropriately. Focus on the future of the many, not the few.

3. "Poor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbiana, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbiana, OH

I worked at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, some flexibility, great co-workers

Cons

Bad management, no communication between departments, unrealistic expectations from one individual

Advice to Management

Start recognizing strengths of your employees. Stop the internal upper management struggle. Be more realistic with work expectations.

4. "CAD Drafting"

Former Contractor - CAD Drafter in Warren, OH
    Former Contractor - CAD Drafter in Warren, OH

I worked at Drake Manufacturing Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company, personable, professional. Training opportunities were available and encouraged. Great employee group, both on the production floor and in the office. Production personnel were very helpful to help you learn and understand their process of building the machines. Very nice group.

Cons

Ambiguous. It wasn't always known what you needed to do or who was the contact person. I was told they were working on a plan to keep me on and then I was let go without any warning. When I first started there I was placed in a standard cubicle, then I was placed at a desk barely elbow width where I could barely move. No work space at all. I was there for 2 months and then they put me in a regular cubicle where I was until they terminated my contract due to lack of work,as they were/are experiencing a downturn.

Advice to Management

My advice to them would be to be more forthcoming with another contract employee. Lead the person to believe that it is only a contract position and that it either has a definite limit, or is to be considered temporary, to fill a company need. When a person is on with a company for more than 6 months it gives the idea that it could become permanent. If that's not the case make it clearly understood.

"Micromanaged company"

Former Employee - Service Engineer in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Service Engineer in Warren, OH

I worked at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got some good opportunities to travel to different countries.
    If you can work here then you work anywhere.

Cons

Micromanaged company and the management should stand up for the failures instead of pointing at the employees. No proper guidance or support when you are working outside the country from anyone. Very bad work balance. The actual work is no where related to the job description. Would advice others to get opinion from current employees about how the upper management treats the employees. Health insurance is horrible.

Advice to Management

Management should take up some responsibility before all the good employees leave the company. Instead of micromanaging communicate with the employees and hire some capable managers who can lead the project and deliver.

6. "10 years of a growing global presence and stability"

Current Employee - Production Engineering in Warren, OH
    Current Employee - Production Engineering in Warren, OH

I have been working at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great family culture, survived the recession and growing strong, strong customer service culture--not just in the mission statement. They listen to reason and the best ideas move forward. If you take responsibility and follow through, you advance. Company keeps adding customers all over the world.

Cons

Fast growth the last couple of years is tiring. Overseas travel is tiring--exciting but exhausting. Lots of new people that need guidance. Expectations are high all the time.

Advice to Management

Do not grow faster than you can develop your people.

7. "Poor leadership"

Former Employee - Controller in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Controller in Warren, OH

I worked at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many good people working there.

Cons

Position was misrepresented. Was new position but did not have discretion to operate my way as I was promised. Wanted to maintain the status quo despite promises otherwise

Advice to Management

The President needs to take responsibility for his failure to meet the business plan and for dragging his feet in obtaining additional financing.

8. "Service technician"

I have been working at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time

Pros

Very good company to work for.

Cons

No cons very good place to work

9. "No leadership but micromanagement"

I worked at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time

Pros

Well established in a pretty profitable niche market. Great workers.

Cons

Horrible leadership. Micromanagement. No one is willing to take responsebility

Advice to Management

The company cannot be managed by remote shareholders, nor by leaderless Cs

10. "Service engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Drake Manufacturing Services full-time

Pros

Great resume builder. A lot to learn. Some experience can be used to advance to higher levels of employment at other companies.

Cons

Very very bad work/life balance. Travel can reach up to 80% all international. Flights are taken during the weekend.

Extremely poor management with no communication or previous experience.

Absolutely no training provided.

100% accountability given to engineers/technicians. And no accountability taken by lower or upper level management.

Work will absolutely fall outside of job description with no guidance or direction from experienced employees.

Meetings are called for absolutely everything.

Almost all decisions are made when a meeting is scheduled. The person making the decision is typically not even involved in the project directly.

Turn over rate is extremely high. Some core people have always been there.

Advice to Management

Be professional and take accountability and responsibility. Coordinate proper training for employees. Learn to manage schedules. Communicate with all employees not just some. Be a person that accomplishes things not a person that just schedules meetings. Hire managers that are qualified not just someone who worked there for a long time.