Dremio Reviews | Glassdoor

Dremio Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

4.2
Dremio CEO Tomer Shiran (no image)
Tomer Shiran

"Amazing ride!!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Dremio full-time for more than a year

Pros

- This is the best startup I've ever worked for. Period. - Our engineering team is phenomenal. The engineering team has been busy adding capabilities and making the product rock solid. We get through most POCs now in a week or two at most. - The management team cares about the people, not just the business. You can approach anyone and have a conversation. - There's still stuff to figure out, it's not just... repeating the same thing 100 times.

Cons

The company is growing fast (3x+ year over year in revenue/customers), so there will inevitable be things that still need to be figured out. If you've only worked at larger companies then it may seem overwhelming at first, but the people here are amazing.

Advice to Management

A fast growing company of this size isn't for everyone. Please do not pay attention to any of the toxic reviews below. I have been here more than a year and know that they do not reflect reality.

Dremio2019-10-07

"Sales"

I worked at Dremio

Pros

- somewhat interesting solution and problem to tackle - some hard working team members - cool mascot - commission rate is high (mainly because it’s so difficult to convert a heavy lift pilot)

Cons

- quirky exec team with little to no soft skills - favoritism to those with personal relationships or once removed - leadership doesn’t seem to notice or appreciate the things you do for them - product is super buggy - a couple sales reps receive most of the attention leaving incredible gap in ability to scale solution when engineering team spends 90% of their time on 3-4 deals / rest of reps are left to fend for... themselves - culture seems devoid of cohesiveness and the teams are very solo’d.

Advice to Management

- Find a better leader to lead the company - find a way to fix the product so it works out of the box

Dremio2019-10-05

"Super-Super TOXIC"

Former Employee - Pre-Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dremio full-time for less than a year

Pros

None - stay far far away from this company. The only pro was the day I left.

Cons

Wow, after seeing how management responded to the other "toxic"posting - I could not remain silent. I witnessed firsthand violations of the ADA, out right discrimination, disrespect of employees, badgering and numerous other such displays of basic disregard for employees physical and mental well being. When you give notice the "bribe" into silence by offering two weeks pay in exchange for signing a 9-page gag order.... Working here will damage your physical and mental health.

Advice to Management

Grow up. None of you have ever built a company - ever. You came from companies that had other skilled people who knew how to build a successful company - none of you have a clue how to do it. Get a COO who knows what they are doing before you run out of fundings; I would be amazed with the employee turnover rate that any would VC fund Dremio any further. A replacement of the entire management tier may be necessary... of this product is to be successful. Product is fairly good; the management and culture are the worst I have ever seen.

Dremio2019-10-03

"Too much change happening"

I have been working at Dremio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool technology, great people and nice work environment

Cons

Churn in exec management recently 3 VP of Engineering in the last one year Lot of senior engineers are leaving They may be opening an office in Seatle too (recruitment add in Glassdoor and LinkedIn) - focus of HQ in Santa Clara becomes questionable

Advice to Management

People are key to your success - please do not treat them as disposable entities.

Dremio2019-07-23

Dremio Response

September 5, 2019CEO

Thanks for sharing the feedback. A few comments: - I completely understand that change can be difficult. When companies are growing rapidly (in our case, revenue & # customers have increased 5x in the last 12 months), sometimes changes are needed at the leadership level. (That said, as you pointed out, we did have to change VPEs twice rather than once due a personal situation, unfortunately.) - Having multiple engineering sites has become the norm for most companies, but I can reassure you that we will continue to grow the team in HQ (Santa Clara) as well. BTW, our focus is currently entirely on Santa Clara and Hyderabad. - I agree 100% that people are key to our success. If you feel like you haven't been treated the way you'd like, please reach out to me and I will do my best to improve the situation.

"continues to be a nice place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Dremio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having spent more than 18 months at Dremio now, I can say why I am still here: * flexibility / freedom * love the culture * still have time for my hobbies * learn something new everyday * smart people (only people with right attitude/aptitude are retained)

Cons

* typical start-up pressure * you may have to wear many hats

Dremio2019-06-10

"Best company I worked so far..."

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Dremio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in many big / medium/small companies but Dremio beats all others, either work related aspects or otherwise. *** I look forward to coming to work everyday, to work on cutting edge technologies, with smart, friendly and helpful team . *** Open office, lots of team interaction and flexible enough to accommodate different personal requirements. *** Fun place to work with spacious office, conveniently... located, catered lunches , variety of snacks and beverages, TGIFs and more.... *** Executive team ( including CEO and CTO ) believes in giving chance to every one, so approachable and open to feed back from every one in the company. I see few TOXIC reviews from former disgruntled employees but I have been working here almost two years and very happy. It's a cool startup !!!

Cons

Being a technology company, recruiting is a bit challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work and company culture.

Dremio2019-06-10
  7. "Great Culture, Great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Dremio full-time

Pros

Everyone is super nice and work extremely hard. You can tell people care about the company succeeding. The Product is solving a real problem and there is interesting work to be done. Great Perks (free lunch, snacks, good benefits, etc). Strong leadership Team.

Cons

Fast growing startup with growing pains. Know what you are signing up for.

Advice to Management

Always invest in your employees. They are what build your culture.

Dremio2019-05-17

"Toxic Toxic Toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Dremio full-time for less than a year

Pros

The co's product is half way decent although it's a very hard market to crack

Cons

Probably the most toxic place I worked. Since I left ALL execs have left the company except CEO and CTO. And, 50% plus employees are gone- either quit or fired No transparency Sorry I just don't have any good things to say

Dremio2019-06-06

"nice and growing startup"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Dremio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people: smart, professional, with vision and sense of humor. Smart experienced and reasonable founders and execs. good benefits, plenty of food, and a nice office

Cons

No IPO yet :) so will have to wait.

Advice to Management

Keep up great job

Dremio2019-04-06

"Great place to work for"

I have been working at Dremio full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great co-workers - Growing fast - Huge potential and opportunities - Great lunch - Lots of great things to learn as an engineer

Cons

Can't think of anything serious. Lunch tends to arrive late on Fridays, but it seems to be getting better.

Dremio2019-04-04