Dresner Partners Investment Banking Reviews | Glassdoor

Steven M. Dresner

1. Featured Review

"Analyst"

I worked at Dresner Partners Investment Banking full-time

Pros

I have had a very fulfilling and stimulating experience during my tenure at Dresner Partners. My skills and knowledge of investment banking were very limited prior to Dresner. During my time here, however, I have gained a tremendous amount of experience and a vast array of proficiencies. I’ve had the opportunity to work on several different types of engagements across various industries and have really been able to refine my skill sets. I have enjoyed working with and have attained valuable knowledge from everyone within the organization – from the analysts to the president of the company.

Cons

No material cons to share.

2. "Would definitely recommend for all prospective college students"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Dresner Partners Investment Banking full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Throughout the course of my internship at Dresner Partners, I was involved in a wide variety of projects. Day to day activities were always changing, and I focused on a mix of marketing/finance projects. The real-world business experience I gained was invaluable, as this was my first finance related job. It was very hands on, and you had a peek into real-life active deals. Management is attentive and wants you to succeed, would definitely recommend for all prospective college students.

Cons

Investment banking is a very challenging business.

3. "Professional environment with strong entrepreneurial spirit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Dresner Partners Investment Banking full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is lead by strong senior leaders with a track record of success and delivering excellent client service. Many clients continue to work with the company after many years.

Cons

Not really a con, but be prepared to work hard, maintain a high standard and be accountable for your results.

"Unprofessional Environment"

Former Employee - Administrative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Dresner Partners Investment Banking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have to start somewhere I guess!

Cons

Managements behavior towards all employees is very disrespectful at all times. 90% of employees would jump ship given the right opportunity this makes working there even harder. It's hard to interact with other employees because everyone there pretty much dislikes their job. Management likes to change the rules all the time.

Advice to Management

Instead of worrying about your reputation in the business you should address the very serious Human Resource issues within the company and learn to keep your employees happy. Unhappy current and/or former employees are no good in any type business.

6. "Bulge bracket investment banking services for middle market businesses. Senior level attention and focus for IR."

I have been working at Dresner Partners Investment Banking full-time

Pros

Dresner is tops at gathering, analyzing and interpreting complicated numerical information
    assessing and predicting financial returns, providing advice, tactics and recommendations all to achieve the best outcomes for its middle market clients. MDs/VPs are experts within their sector and overall investment banking knowledge. Dresner also offers first in class Investor Relations Counsel/PR to private, small and mid-cap companies. No other IB has this type of product diversification, all lead by Steve Dresner.

Cons

International expertise is very sound and should be promoted more.

Advice to Management

Support level to clients has been a key to their success, is unparalleled and will remain a core focus.

"Staff"

Pros

I learned what not to do and to use a checklist for everything. Then you can prove your process

Cons

The President has a blatant abuse problem. He works the interns to the bone because he can, he creates work just to get more hours out of them. He is not well liked by any of his staff or in the industry as a whole. He is a bully and has lack of respect for his employees. There is also a HR problem at this company.

Advice to Management

Be a better person, get to know your staff and stop expecting everyone to do everything for you. Stop having your children by spies for you in your office. You have a horrible reputation in the industry as a whole.

"Industry leader, poor example"

I worked at Dresner Partners Investment Banking full-time

Pros

Well-known small investment bank doing small deals for small family held companies. Good experience for junior and mid level people as you do lots of things you might not get a chance to do at bigger banks.

Cons

Pay is below industry standards so there is lots of personnel turnover. In 2015 the Grinch stole Christmas when they cut compensation around the company over the holidays. Big HR problems.

Advice to Management

Institute and follow policies that treat employees fairly and respectfully

"Unprofessional, Disrespectful, Untrustworthy"

I worked at Dresner Partners Investment Banking full-time

Pros

This work environment provided me with good stories for years to come. No one will believe the things that go on there!

Cons

President has blatant distrust for all employees. Salaries are widely uneven across the company. Employees with the most responsibility are paid the least. Work hours go into overtime even if there is nothing to do. Work-life balance is terrible. Everyone at the company is paranoid, and it will leave you paranoid for years to come. The President often name-calls and disrespects employees.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees without an ulterior motive. Invest in your employees. Foster trust. Be nice on more than just a superficial level.

"Dry but efficient"

Pros

- streamlined in terms of work
    - organized structure
    - no lack of resources

Cons

- boring work environment
    - lack of respect for employees from upper management

Advice to Management

Poor management in the Corporate Services department

11. "Self-driven business model with intelligent and collective leadership"

I have been working at Dresner Partners Investment Banking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities and network for business growth are deep and wide

Cons

There aren't enough hours in the day

Advice to Management

Leadership insights and group sessions are powerful enablers