KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Driscoll’s CEO Miles Reiter
Miles Reiter

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management, gossipy, favoritism and terrible supervision(in 9 reviews)
  • "Management is awful and will blindly tell you many things that did not meet standards at the review, rather than proactively telling you throughout the year to help you.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Large bureaucracy, too many managers who want to be part of decision, not enough workers to execute.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Bad leadership.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Bad upper management, lack of ethics(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of Driscoll’s and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Great Company

Oct 18, 2021 - Supply Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, opportunities for employee development, and strong company growth.

Cons

Driscolls operates largely in parts of the US that have a high cost of living

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hi! We appreciate your comments, and really great to hear about your experience working in a culture of talent development and growth. You are correct, our US locations are not the cheapest in cost of living... but who could say no to living close to the coast? :) All the best! Santiago

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great employer

Jun 20, 2022 - Safety Director in Hanford, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, benefits, vacation pay, sick pay

Cons

hours, travel, days, days off

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello, Thank you for your comments! We also appreciate the feedback for our Management team in an effort to continue communicating to our employees and company as a whole. We also encourage you to reach out to the management team, it's part of the great open-door culture here at Driscoll's! :)

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Horrible Management

Sep 8, 2022 - Coordinator in Watsonville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company provides food and alcohol on a regular basis. Many parties as well.

Cons

Horrible management. Mid year and end of year reviews are a joke. Management is awful and will blindly tell you many things that did not meet standards at the review, rather than proactively telling you throughout the year to help you. If you try to advocate for yourself with HR, you will get blacklisted and will not get promoted. Promotions are very political and are blindly given to those that management likes rather than based on experience and actual work performance. There are no policies for bullying so keep that in mind. Men can speak to women in whatever way they please without consequences. Women cannot speak to men the same way - double standard. I can go on and on. At the end of the day, there are great people there; however, if you want to get promoted it can be very hard to do so. Severely underpaid as well.

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello, Thank you for taking time to express your thoughts about the Company and bringing this matter to our attention. Driscoll’s is committed to ensuring an engaged work environment free from harassment and intimidation for all employees. Our Mission, Vision & Values (Passion, Trustworthiness & Humility) are core in creating and sustaining a positive employee experience. We value all our current and former employee’s feedback and are interested in learning more about your observations and on how we can improve. We encourage you to contact Human Resources to discuss anytime without any concern. Thank you again for sharing your comments. Santiago

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Sep 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company culture in a large global company

Cons

None, they were very kind to me

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to drop your comments! :) All the best.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to learn and grow your career!

Apr 25, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Highly collaborative and cross-functional environment gives you the opportunity to understand the business as a whole. A lot of opportunities to learn, if you are curious about other parts of the business, you are free to make connections, job shadow, etc. Leadership is highly engaged and approachable. Teams are ready to pivot to service customers the best way possible.

Cons

High interdependence between departments can slow decision making. Supply conditions are highly variable and can affect even the best plans.

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hi! We appreciate your comments and feedback! We love to hear how you describe Driscoll's culture about people connections and learning opportunities. Insurgent attitude is one of our key traits that should demonstrate faster decision making, so hopefully you get to see more of that :)

6. 3.0

Driscolls

Aug 8, 2022 - Sales Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Huge on developing its employees which helps with career

Cons

Appreciate its employees more. Makes you feel very replaceable

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello, Thank you for your comments and also feedback. Our people-centric culture wants to ensure everybody feels appreciated. You can always contact your HR representative if you are experiencing something opposite to this, and you will receive the proper advisory. All the best!

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overview

Jun 21, 2022 - Logistics Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Compensation Opportunity Growth Management Location

Cons

Very fast paced Management So much turn around Compensation Nepotism

Hi! We appreciate your comments and feedback. Best, Santiago

8. 4.0

Good place to work

May 10, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of specialty care services

Cons

Location being in a small city

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hi, We appreciate your feedback. We are fortunate to be an organization that continues to grow, allowing more work locations for employment. But being located in the coastal area isn't that bad, is it? :) Thanks again for your comments!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great work environment, company does not do enough to compensate inflation/housing

Apr 1, 2022 - Plant Breeder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful working environment, great coworkers, good benefits, lots of berries.

Cons

Company seems to ignore that inflation is occurring. Higher ups don't have any perspective on the rental market / housing market.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hi, We appreciate your comments and feedback. We strive to be highly competitive in the market, impacting positively to all our employees through our Total Rewards package. I would encourage you to connect with your HR Business Partner to learn more about our Compensation programs.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Best employer ever

Mar 24, 2022 - Production Manager in Watsonville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, team building, accountability, ownership of tasks

Cons

Department heads come in about every 5 years and try to reinvent the wheel, lay offs and replacements follow.

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello, We truly appreciate your comments and feedback. All the best!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 172 Reviews

Driscoll’s Reviews FAQs

Driscoll’s has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 261 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Driscoll’s to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Driscoll’s employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Driscoll’s. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

86% of Driscoll’s employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Driscoll’s 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Driscoll’s to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Driscoll’s Job Seekers