KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 143 of over 213 reviews

4.1
Driscoll’s CEO Miles Reiter
Miles Reiter
Pros
  • "driscoll's(in 20 reviews)

• "People & work environment are friendly(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "driscoll's(in 11 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is tough - mainly due to bad planning and then having very tight timelines(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Great Company

Apr 16, 2021 - Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

A wonderful company with caring employees, compassionate and visionary leadership! Good work environment.

Cons

Meetings, meetings, meetings! Time-consuming on what could be resolved via e-mail. Everyone wants to be involved.

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello! Thank you for sharing your comments. This will help the organization be reminded about the importance to keep agile and act with velocity. :) Best!

2. 5.0

A 21st Century Employer

Jul 17, 2021 - Credit Specialist in Watsonville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Salary Educational Reimbursement Internal employee growth opportunities Ongoing projects can help you develop your skills project management skills.

Cons

A bit behind on industry-leading technology, so you must be prepared to work in group projects for process improvement, while your primary task must still get done.

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hi, Thank you for the comments, we are glad you see all those strengths working at Driscoll's! We look to cultivate innovation and with your contributions, you can make that difference by collaborating with your team and peers!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Driscoll’s management puts profits before employees

Jul 25, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential for travel as Driscolls is a global company. Other than that, not much else in my experience

Cons

Favoritism, nepotism, people getting promoted because of who they know instead of dedicated, hardworking people who have had years of experience within Driscoll’s and get steamrolled by people with little experience or know how for the roll. Upper management is all about profits, not people. Driscolls promotes ‘trustworthiness’ as one of its core values, yet has a profit sharing system for the select few which is called “ghost shares”. Ha! What a contradiction. Most employees get normal profit sharing but exempt from secret ghost shares.

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello, We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry that your experience was not as expected during your tenure. Driscoll's has a talent development model that expects every People Manager in the organization to account for our employee's growth, accordingly with a focus on people development. Your feedback helps in ensuring we provide more clarity in how the processes work and how they are applicable. All the best!

4. 3.0

Good company

Aug 1, 2021 - Finance Manager in Salinas, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Focused, innovative, humble, global reach

Cons

Politics, no clear career path

5. 3.0

Jul 19, 2021 - Driscoll's Inc in Red Bluff, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly place to work

Cons

Poor starting wages and hard to get promoted

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello, Thank you for your comments and feedback! We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner to clarify any questions around growth. :) Best!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work unless you are trying to progress your career quickly

Apr 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are friendly, the culture is really nice, and compensation is competitive. Who doesn't want to work for a company selling a product as great as berries?! Driscoll's is the industry leader in berries, and that is very unlikely to change so it's also a very stable place to work. The product is great and emphasis on quality and flavor is at the heart of the company.

Cons

There is very little room for growth, and the super friendly "small company" family feel is fading quickly. I have worked at Driscoll's for a while and there used to be lots of opportunity for growth, but that has rapidly disappeared as pressure to keep fixed costs down has increased. When I first started I knew almost everyone from every department, but the company grew pretty rapidly and departments became more siloed.

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello! Thank you for your comments and feedback. You are right about the berries being a great product :) The foundations to maintain our culture, values and core competencies despite the growth should remain the same. At the same time, there are actually several job opportunities open in the US and around the globe that can represent great career advancements for growth. If you are interested, I would encourage you to check them out at https://www.driscolls.com/about/careers - What better than our internal talent to grow from within? All the best! Santiago

7. 2.0

Meh

Jun 30, 2021 - Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can be trained in various aspects of the department

Cons

Poor management, gossipy, favoritism and terrible supervision

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello, Thank you for the comments. We hope you had the opportunity to share this feedback to your Supervisor to continue to improve our culture and leadership. All the best, Santiago

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture and benefits

Apr 12, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Watsonville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

strong collaboration, respect for others

Cons

perhaps too many meetings to resolve issues

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. As an organization, we seek to communicate amongst each other and quickly resolve issues, however, with the reminder that we keep ourselves agile as an organization, so we appreciate you sharing your comments with us. :)

9. 5.0

Amazing Company

Apr 11, 2021 - Sales Intern in Watsonville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for!!

Cons

Nothing, Driscolls is wonderful to work for.

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hello! Thank you for your great comments. We are happy to be an employer that enables all our employees to perform and be well. Best, Santiago

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

good

May 18, 2021 - Social Media Marketing in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice people, flexible, easy going, nice, nice pay

Cons

tired, lots of demand, working hard, big company

Sr. Manager, Global Talent Mobility and Acquisition

Hi! We appreciate your comments. There are, indeed, big challenges to overcome each day at Driscoll's and thus we are glad to hear it pays off with working with great people! We hope you had an awesome experience working with us! Santiago

Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 Reviews