DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
DriveTime Automotive Group President and CEO Ray Fidel
Ray Fidel

Pros
  • The best team work environment of any sales job I've ever I had (in 46 reviews)

• There is good work life balance if you don't mind working Saturdays (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a balance sometimes you get it sometimes you don't (in 70 reviews)

• Terribly long hours without any possibility of overtime since you are salaried (in 53 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Innovative industry leader! Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working for Drivetime. I have always had an interest in selling cars, but the safety of a guaranteed salary made it a no brainer. I work with a great group of people at the Pershall Rd. location, with supportive management. The new 4 day on, 3 day off schedule is a breath of fresh air! My goal is to make it to corporate eventually as a collections manager, and I feel this is a great steppingstone. I'd recommend this company to anyone seeking career growth with a strong employer.

Cons

None that I have encountered. Work life balance has become of great importance, and it shows in the employee morale.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. There are many happy employees who appreciate all you do!

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Talent

I'm happy to hear our new flex schedule is making a difference in your work and life balance! Thanks for positive words and encouragement to our leadership and management teams.

2. "A great opportunity to gain valuable experience."

Current Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

As an intern, DriveTime has offered me work experience that has proven to be unrivaled to that of my peers. The amount of responsibility and latitude offered surpassed any expectations that I could have ever anticipated. There are also various opportunities to move about within the company. DriveTime has also offered me considerable compensation, which is often hard to find as an intern. I have always been treated with respect, and when I have run into a problem I have always been able find someone help me find a solution. The senior leaders are also willing to help whenever possible. Overall, DriveTime has been a great company for me to gain real-world experience.

Cons

As of right now, I cannot think of any "downsides" of working for DriveTime. While still in college, it is often difficult to find a job/internship where you get the level of respect and development opportunity that I have. I would highly recommend this internship to anyone. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Advice to Management

Again, senior management has been more than willing to help with any project or task. This is one reason working for this company has been so rewarding. I have never felt “below” any other employee during my internship, and have had the opportunity to work directly with senior management.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jul 5, 2016 – Talent

We're really proud of our internship program and hope you are getting everything out of it that you possible can. Thanks for leaving this detailed review and I hope you enjoy the rest of your ... More

"Outstanding opportunity with a growing, evolving company"

Current Employee - Team Lead - Inspection Center in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead - Inspection Center in Clearwater, FL

Pros

Outstanding company culture, great benefits. Advancement opportunities. Progressive company that fills a need in a niche market. Every financial institution is entilted to make a profit by risking their own capital. The higher the risk, the higher the profit. Drive time is no exception. Those employees who do not grasp this should probably consider other employment. I know for a fact that DriveTime reconditions its automobiles to high standards and stands behind these cars with an unheard of warranty in the used car market. We produce a great product and I'm proud to work for this company.

Cons

The environment is a tough one, but that is to be expected. It certainly could be worse. Hours are long, but hours are long in management regardless of industry. Hourly workers are always paid overtime. Salaried folks are not. This is nothing unusual. Every corporate company in the United States has salaried people working over 50-55 hour weeks. If you're a good manager, you're going to have to put in your time. If you're complaining about it online...you're very likely not.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Continuous improvement, lean programs, company training is spot on.

5. "Overall extremely pleased with my employment at DriveTime. Solid and innovative organization!"

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

-solid and proven business model
    -rapid organic growth (15-20%) annually
    -lots of career opportunity and promotional/advancement opportunity
    -extremely bright and talented senior leadership team
    -highly innovative and adaptable business environment
    -progressive interdependent company culture
    -most importantly: great people!

Cons

-fast-paced and rapidly changing/dynamic environment may not be for everyone
    -focus on interdependence and lots of communication/collaboration across boundaries sometimes a struggle for employees coming into DriveTime from non-matrix (siloed) organizations

Advice to Management

Continued focus on strong communication between corporate and the field as we continue to grow and change!

6. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The culture is unbelievible, DriveTime is an innovative company that is doing things the right way for their employees and their customers. DriveTime Management allows the Gatekeepers of the company (Recruiting) the freedom to source, interview and hire the best employees that are high achievers, intellectually curious and have excellent abilities to grow a company.

Cons

The food they just keep feeding me :)
    It is a rapidly growing company and has a few hiccups, but nothing major and nothing they wont get over in time hopefully.
    The titles are a little odd.
    The Benefits are a little expensice if no in Wellness program.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the Right People and maintaining the Right Environment to support the Right Leadership!
    Never stop asking for feedback from your employees and never stop listening to their feedback.

7. "good employer"

Current Employee - Collection Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Collection Representative in Mesa, AZ

Pros

good enviroment to work, nice folks, good times. Overall good place to work and grow if that is what you desire. sometimes we get free food too.

Cons

the parking is a little ify if you dont work the morning shift, i would like more covered parking, and although we get free food sometimes free soda would also be nice.

Advice to Management

no advice to management, they make the decisions, not me. Remember when you point your finger you have 3 pointing back at you.

"Best job ever, great benifits, great pay, and relaxed atmosphere, great growth and career path."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

This company really invests in its employees and realizes that we are the ones that make the business go. They are all about growing and cultivating their employees. This growth has really helped me in my professional and personal life. The pay here is good and it is a relaxed environment. The company is flat and open across the board.

Cons

You will work fairly long hours at the job.

"Excellent opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Columbia, SC

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth and Development beyond a reason of doubt

Cons

Long Hours but it's fair for the money

Advice to Management

Keep up with the exciting sales competitions

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, good career opportunities.

Cons

Long hours, turn over is high, difficult to keep employees

"Developer"

Pros

Fun fast pace work place

Cons

Can be stressful at times