DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews

Updated August 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance as good as can be for a car sales job (in 23 reviews)

• The best team work environment of any sales job I've ever I had (in 48 reviews)

1. "sales advisor"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

great benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc

Cons

long work hours, no work life balance

Jul 13, 2017 – Talent

Work/Life balance for our employees is very important to us and we are constantly looking at ways to offset the long hours with incentives and flexible schedules. Thank you for your feedback!

"If you are a people person then this will be a good place to be as you meet new people everyday."

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Orlando, FL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay with chance for bonus and commission based on your individual sales.

Cons

Favoritism by management will make you miss out on deals.

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent

Financial stability for our employees is very important to us and we are happy to hear your positive feedback on the the salary + bonus pay structure at our dealerships. We are disappointed to hear... More

"Great corporate social responsibility, terrible management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good idea for a company, decent benefits (but I have had much better), it started off ok, but management doesn't realize that it takes years to build a strong team. They expected it and less than 3 months.

Cons

Inexperienced management and unwilling to listen to employees, and not willing to hear new ideas only they want to implement new ways to push out more units when you haven't even mastered the ones they gave you.
    Units are poor at best. You do get some here and there, but most of them are very poor. In addition to that they will hold you accountable for their poor condition. In one instance I received a warning for rust on a vehicle that was completely out of my control. In addition to that there was no exit interview, and when I gave my notice it was requested that a resignation letter be sent. Nowhere in my years of being in the workforce has an employer requested this from an hourly employee! In addition to that the resignation letter is optional, but was treated as mandatory, therefore even though I gave my notice of me quitting they still sent a letter of termination. And when the corporate office was called about the occasion my complaint fell on deaf ears . So the good old boy Network is alive and well in this organization, so be prepared to watch your back if you don't fit inside their box.

Now I'm sure that someone from there Talent Development Department( no they don't have a human resources department, at least according to them.) Is going to reply to this saying we're sorry you weren't a good fit to the organization, quite frankly I was a good fit I quit because of management. They have no respect for their employees and they felt the need to micromanage them for some reason. (Fyi, I even witnessed management make one woman cry because they said she wasn't doing her job . Now that is really sad . ) Management here is all about the numbers. And making them self look good. And at no time did I get the impression or the feeling that they cared about their employees. (Unless it was fake caring. And yes that was there also) I was too busy trying to cover my own butt...

I was even building a strong team with everybody there at least all the technicians until management tried to become a part of it and Lead it when they had no idea what they were doing. It was sad really. I was very disappointed. Knowledge of fixing Vehicles is one thing, but building a team that relates to one another, and respects one another and is happy to come to work to see one another, is the work of a good manager. ( yes numbers are part of it, but there are different ways to talk about those numbers and not demoralize your employees.)

So if you're reading all these positive reviews and you're thinking this could be a great place to work I will warn you to be very careful. I would put stipulations on your employment, or have contract to hire with agreement that either party can remove them self from the contract without warning and no reason just to protect yourself.

Advice to Management

For those hiring lower managers, look for better ones. Or develop technicians into those management roles. You will get better comradery, better understanding, and more Zeal from your employees. This will be because that manager has built his way up from their position. It's called respect, and if you hire outside the organization you have no idea if that Prospect will automatically get the respect from your current employees.

"Intern"

Former Employee - Intern - Monthly in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Intern - Monthly in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual and fun work environment with great management

Cons

I did not have any

Jun 23, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

Thanks for the positive feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your internship with the company.

5. "N/A"

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Family culture in a dynamic atmosphere

Cons

None I enjoyed my time there.

Jun 27, 2017 – Talent

Creating an encouraging and collaborative work environment is very important to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed it!

6. "Sr. Sales Advisor"

Pros

Great work environment. Friendly Staff.

Cons

Long hours. Micromanagement style can become annoying/unwanted.

Advice to Management

Don't over micromanage

Jun 27, 2017 – Talent

Thanks for sharing the pros and cons of your experience so far. As a company, we empower our managers to encourage and motivate their teams to drive for results. We appreciate your feedback so that... More

7. "Downsized"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open fun environment.
    Work Hard Play Hard work ethic.
    Very modern office space.

Cons

Downsized workforce so I was laid off, severance was a plus however.

Jun 23, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

Glad to hear you enjoyed the work environment, we pride ourselves in creating a great working atmosphere. As we continue to grow we sometimes have to make business decisions that impact our employees... More

8. "Bad Place, Don't do it!"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good money is possible option

Cons

Promotions are selective to people they like

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people.

Aug 1, 2017 – Talent

As a company, employee and manager development and empowerment is essential to our culture and we are disappointed to hear that this wasn't your experience. We appreciate the constructive feedback... More

9. "Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Greenville, SC

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool atmosphere, love my co-workers.

Cons

Constant changing with schedule, pay, and upper level management.

Advice to Management

Quit having MAJOR changes every couple of months. You are creating stress for GM's and Sales managers which is making an average day in the office turn into a nightmare with the amount of stress that is being put on us.

Jun 28, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for your review and feedback. Due to constant growth, changes are necessary for the best interest of the company and employees. We encourage you to be flexible and wish you success in your... More

10. "Overall Good Company"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Company allows for a work-life balance

Cons

Medical benefits are not ideal

Jun 23, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

At DriveTime we consistently evaluate our medical benefits to ensure we remain competitive. We're sorry to hear our offerings do not meet your needs.