Cover image for DriveTime Automotive Group

DriveTime Automotive Group CEO Scott Worthington
Scott Worthington

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No work/life balance.... I'm doing great at my job at the expense of my family(in 87 reviews)
  • "Long hours it makes no sense that the hours the dealerships are open basically have no life.(in 77 reviews)
  • "poor management and working outside in bad weather.(in 58 reviews)
  • "The market managers always take the side of the sale associates, you talk to more voicemails than actual people.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Office politics and changing upper management.(in 32 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DriveTime Automotive Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great Stability and Constant Development

Jul 3, 2022 - Assistant General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that really cares about avoiding stagnation. As a member of the team you will always have the opportunity to grow and learn how to manage all aspects of the business. They empower you to take full control of your role and how far you would like to take it.

Cons

The unpredictability of the business.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

WOW! This is a stellar review - consider us flattered! Thank you for sharing your experience as an Assistant General Manager. We hold great value in developing our talent from within and we are so glad you are experiencing that first-hand. One of our core principles , "Take the Wheel," illustrates exactly what you said - we want employees to be excited about taking control of their career and driving it forward! There are many ways we support our employees, but ultimately, it is up to each person to own their career. Thank you, again, for your thoughtful feedback and review. We greatly appreciate it! Keep up the great work!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

DriveTime

Oct 10, 2022 - Retail Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Long work hours for salary position

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Wow, thank you for sharing your experience as a Customer Experience Guide! We're so happy to hear you are enjoying your position with us. We pride ourselves in having a great culture and that's all due to our employees! We understand that working retail hours can be long and we thank you for your dedication to serving our customers. We wish you continued success in your role!

3. Join the DriveTime Automotive Group team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Drive Away from Drivetime!

Oct 21, 2022 - Sales Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility at Work, Friendly Co-workers, Lax about Tattoos, Closed on Sundays. Good Medical Benefits. Decent PTO accrual. Startup feel with established company background

Cons

Broken commission system, (no commission made for less than 6 sales). This place is nicknamed Starvetime because the you're barely making ends meet from the terrible compensation plan they have in place. The commission plan doesn't pay you until you've sold more than 6 cars (shouldn't commission start as soon as I sell something, anything? lol). Some managers are jerks, many of the vehicles are over 100K miles, some falling apart, meaning if the car is returned post sale, you lose that commission. You'll never be off Fridays or Saturdays unless you have PTO. Minimal lead distribution especially when there's multiple sales advisors.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Customer Experience Guide. We're glad to hear you had a lot of things you enjoyed about your job. We work hard to ensure we are providing our employees with the best possible options we can including our total compensation package, our benefits and PTO, and our friendly culture. It's important to us that our employees feel comfortable showing up as they are - we live out our core principle "All Are Welcome On Our Lot." Additionally, our CEGs are paid a base salary to help take the pressure off making a sale and commission is given based on the store hitting their goal rather than individuals. We find this encourages teamwork and collaboration. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your next position.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A good company that is just a few moves away from being a great company.

Nov 29, 2022 - RPA Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Individual business units are great to work with. The culture is great.

Cons

Legacy systems that bottleneck every proposed automation efforts are still in use. General infrastructure feels sub-par.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience as an Analyst! We're so happy to hear that after 4 years with us, you're still enjoying your job! We are proud of the culture we built so we are thrilled to hear you're enjoying it too. We appreciate your feedback and wish you continued success in your role!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

Nov 21, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are very supportive to your needs. They will make every effort to help you succeed. They offer great benefits and lots of PTO from the start. Flexible shifts.

Cons

You get yelled at, a lot by the customers. They do not have the best reputation as a warranty company but I don’t see why.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Customer Service Representative! We are SO SO happy to hear you are enjoying your role with us - it's our top priority to ensure our employees are happy. We train our leaders to serve their directs and be supportive and we are thrilled to hear this has been consistent with your experience! Due to the nature of the industry and working directly with customers, you may run into some upset customers. We are truly appreciative that you are continuing to help them. We appreciate your feedback and wish you continued success in your job!

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Could be better...

Nov 17, 2022 - Customer Experience Guide
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO accrues fast Fast paced when working with customers 50K salary can be good depending on cost of living

Cons

Company is trying to dumb down the sales process where anyone can do it. This can be a good or bad thing. Before Covid Drivetime offered commission on all sales, but now it is a team bonus based on the stores goal. So the top performer gets paid the same bonus as the lowest performer. $80 for every car sold if the store gets 100% to target. $40 for every car if the store gets 85%-99.9%. And no bonus for anything less than 85%.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Customer Experience Guide. We're happy to hear you are enjoying your job, our PTO and compensation package and our fast-paced work environment. As a company, we believe in carpooling to a shared destination - it's one of our core values. Because of this, we switched to a team-based commission to provide a pressure-free sales experience for our customers and a non-competitive sales environment for our employees. We want our employees to work together as a team, not against each other. This is also why we provide a base salary. We hope this clears up our reasoning behind the switch. As you are a current employee, we are always looking to promote from within! Chat with your leader about any open positions!

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

General Review

Nov 29, 2022 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pushed to adapt and learn

Cons

Poor Upper Management Job is catered to Men Poor Pay Structure Below Average Benefits Employees are given a choice to push optional products or be let go - This conundrum typically leads to a poor sales experience and even shady tactics

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. At DriveTime, we are proud supporters of hiring from within so we do push our employees to always continue learning - we're glad to hear that was consistent with your experience. Part of our core values is treated each and every person with the same level of respect and we are sorry to hear you did not experience that. We do not tolerate any sort of favoritism, especially from management, and encourage current employees to take up those sort of issues with our talent support team. We appreciate your feedback and wish you success in your next role.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good managers

Nov 29, 2022 - Auto Technician II in Morrisville, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Almost everything is good with coworkers

Cons

Minimal situations are bad here

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience as an Auto Technician! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, your managers, and your coworkers. It's so important to us that our culture remains positive and uplifting! We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your next endeavor!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sink or Swim

Dec 4, 2022 - Title Clerk in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

New work spaces, plenty of office amenities and office activities.

Cons

Low pay, incomplete training, management miscommunication regarding deadlines, expectations and quality. Things often left to last minute.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the ne work spaces, and our amenities and activities. We work hard to provide an enjoyable environment for our employees! At DriveTime, we expect all employees, including leadership, to uphold our core values - we're sorry to hear that wasn't your experience. Our total compensation packages, including pay, PTO, and benefits are evaluated on an annual basis to ensure we are staying up to date on our employees' needs. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your next role.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Only 1yr, Nothing More

Nov 15, 2022 - Sales Advisor in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Possibility to earn, learn and grow in a customer service and sales role.

Cons

Unstable company, low quality products and services, limited support, limited direction into leadership, old school sales tactics, low morale and morality for the customer, micromanagement, limited to no appreciation, poor building upkeep, limited opportunity for growth, busy work, pressure to adopt and practice unethical sales practices, poor leadership, poor development, misinformation and misguidedness, high turnover, liar's, cheaters and scoundrels, extremely long hours. Pay structure changes every year, sometimes mid year, or each month.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Customer Experience Guide of more than 6 years. We appreciate the time and dedication you put into our company and our customers. We're happy to hear that you see the value we put into developing our employees so they can continue learning and growing. In fact, we have a management course for our employees who are interested in leadership roles so our emerging leaders can learn the DriveTime way of servant leadership before taking on a manager role. Some customers that purchase from DriveTime may not have had the option to buy elsewhere. We work to find a way to get customers into a vehicle that will help improve their lives. During the sales and contracting process, we provide each customer with the Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure which includes the APR, finance charge, amount financed, total amount expected to be paid throughout the loan, and the total sales price. Also, our customers are welcome to utilize third-party financing if they are not satisfied with the financing options offered through Bridgecrest, our finance partner. Unfortunately, we are unable to change your experience while working with us, but we hope this insight and detail helps shape and improve your outlook of our business.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,104 Reviews
</>Embed

DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews FAQs

DriveTime Automotive Group has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,141 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at DriveTime Automotive Group to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DriveTime Automotive Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DriveTime Automotive Group. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

66% of DriveTime Automotive Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DriveTime Automotive Group 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DriveTime Automotive Group to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with DriveTime Automotive Group Job Seekers