DriveTime Automotive Group Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "DISAPPOINTED"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefit, opportunity to make good money. Most cars are good. Room to grow. I believe DT is good company.

Cons

No work life balance. Working 10-12 plus hours 3-4 days out of 5 is so hard on personal life. Management does not care if you have plans for the evening. They will insist on you taking a customer 45 minutes or less before your off time, which means you are stuck there for 3-5 more hours. GM is lazy, disappears for long times when needed. Sales managers can be mean to you. If you sale good they overlook negative behavior. The F word is used out loud by management when referringn to customers. So unprofessional. I'm disappointed with this place. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE!!!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "do as I say not as I do. Stop walking the floor eating your lunch in front of customers. So tacky. Stop treating customers like you are better than them. Respect all of your staff. We make your bonus goals, not you!

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Sep 12, 2017 – Talent

We are glad to hear your overall positive view of the company. Our leaders are held to high expectations so we are disappointed to hear that you feel your leaders didn't meet them. We appreciate your... More

"Not what i expected"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mesa, AZ

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers, off most weekends but still had to work one Saturday a month.

Cons

Capped commission, they kept changing their payouts and goals every single month, after a while they made it a team bonus and not individual which continually raising the car rate which stopped people from getting their commission/bonus.

Advice to Management

bad management

"New to the team, but I know there is tremendous potential already!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is not overly rigid, pressured, or the extremes or too casual. Great balance of staff and resources for the staff at their locations.

Compensation has a competitive base salary, plus a generous commission plan!

Cons

Training portal is a little cumbersome to find specific courses with no real filters or suggestions. A lot os veteran staff was grandfathered into the company with less requirments than new hires staff have to meet (i.e. bachelorate degree, etc...)

Advice to Management

Would love to see more of a transitional point for HR/Recruiters and in-store presentations. Training self-paced may not work for all new employees if they are not necessarily self-motivated or used to this industry. I was under the impression that my position was a management trainee position and this was not the case.

"Sales Associate Position"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

Pros

Complete Medical Benefits only after 2 months. Opportunity to enroll in 401k employer match program only after 60 days. Opportunity to have a steady average to low income.

Cons

Sales are not guaranteed and minimum wage is hard to stomach if you don't meet your sales requirements. The cars are too expensive and are not the greatest of quality, although there is an excellent warranty package. If prices were better the company would sell more cars and give employees an opportunity to earn more money.

Advice to Management

Go to salary, or lower the price of the cars so that the employees can sell more cars. Get more knowledgeable and professional managers to run the local stores.

"Forget about a Work/Life balance."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great co-workers and loose environment. Great benefits.

Cons

Loooooong Hours!!!

Expect to 50-60 hours per week. Expect to work late into the night - sometimes to 10pm. If you are someone who values spending time with family, having extracurricular activities outside of work, and personal development, DriveTime is NOT the place for you. Forget about looking forward to the weekend because you will be working every Saturday but one. Also forget about after work activities. Compensation for sales is pretty slim given the hours you work and the time that goes into making each sale.

Management-

Expect certain incompetent managers to kill your sales. Your sales hinge on the effectiveness of your managers. If your manager has no people skills (one of mine suffers from a major lack of people skills) it could hurt your paycheck significantly.

Expect managers to follow the operating procedures or "Customer Experience" when it is convenient and to throw it under the bus when it is not. You'll be expected to follow it at all times except when it contradicts what your manager wants to do at a particular moment.

Advice to Management

Promote from within to get the very best managers. Shorten the Saturday hours or give each sales associate 2 Saturdays off instead of one. Have stores close 1-2 hours earlier to prevent late night (10 pm) sales. Don't worry you wont loose sales and you may get to keep more sales associates.