DriveTime Automotive Group "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not bad"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Drivetime has great benefits and does a good job vetting leads to help keep the incoming customer flow high.

Cons

They have changed their underwriting standards and compensation package too many times. I've been there less than a year and things are completely different on both fronts since I've started.

Advice to Management

Train your managers in developing and motivating their team, budget for administrators to deal with the titling and dmv.

Jan 8, 2018 – Talent

Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying our benefits and the constant flow of customers. As a company, we're constantly evaluating our processes to ensure we protect our... More

2. "."

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits, You get to meet many wonderful people, Great learning opportunities

Cons

There needs to be more investment in the employees so they don't feel used, they are what keeps the brand alive.

Pay can be more realistic and competitive (incentive wise/Bonuses)

Advice to Management

The employees should be a higher focus in keeping the brand strong, we know it is about profit but it does not come without their hard work and sacrifice.

Dec 12, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for sharing. As an organization, we understand that our people are at the center of our success and will take your constructive feedback into consideration as we continue to add more ways... More

3. "sales advisor"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

great benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc

Cons

long work hours, no work life balance

Jul 13, 2017 – Talent

Work/Life balance for our employees is very important to us and we are constantly looking at ways to offset the long hours with incentives and flexible schedules. Thank you for your feedback!

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Company is Always adapting to change
    Career Path
    Some great leaders in the Company
    Great work/life balance if you are Sales Adviser

Cons

Long Hours first quarter of year
    Career Path gets Capped Regional wise

Advice to Management

Not everyone works as a Team

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent

We are glad to see that you had so many positive takeaways from your time with DriveTime and we appreciate your constructive feedback. Thanks for sharing!

"Ok but not great. Too much time and effort for very little money."

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn the car business, great team (depending on location), great benefits. Don't really have 20 words for the pros. Can't think of anything else.

Cons

Spend more time at the dealership than at home, no work life balance, very little money, micro-managed, little opportunity for growth, more focused on calls vs. sales.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, make a more balanced work/life schedule, focus on selling and not everything but that. Don't preach advancement when you hardly do it.

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We appreciate the candid feedback! We’re consistently seeking ways to increase work-life balance. DriveTime strives to foster growth for our employees and focus on managing employees by partnering... More

6. "DriveTime is a good company to work for in the automotive industry."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a sales professional, you will have a salary plus commission pay rate. Most companies in the automotive are commission only. The company also offers great benefits, 401k, and paid vacation(off on holidays and closed on Sundays)

Cons

Work life balance and going way way above and beyond to make the sale. You have to be willing to go above and beyond to close the deal. Sometimes I would be at work until 1am even though I was supposed to get off at 9. Also sometimes, I would have to pick a customer up, take them home, to the bank, to pick up money from a family member etc. I also had to wash the cars that I sold if the customer wanted their car washed. There was no person to specifically detail the cars. There are also black out dates for tax season mid-Jan to mid April, so if you have important things to do during this time then it may not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Be more mindful of the time of employees. I know that the whole goal is to sell, sell, sell. However, if an employee is supposed to get off at 7 don't make them take a customer at 6:45 when you know the process will usually take 2-3hrs if not more. Employees have lives outside of work. Also have someone at the dealership to detail the vehicles besides the sales person.

7. "Internet Development Team"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great culture, fun and hip, cares about employees, great benefits.

Cons

Movement in the company takes time.

Nov 21, 2016 – Talent

IDT is an awesome team, isn't it? Thanks for being a part of it!

8. "Surprisingly Refreshing"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team. Great Management. Positive reinforcement. Growth Opportunity. Reasonable hours. Great benefits. Detailed and available to all metrics.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Base phone call quotas on performance reviews vs a straight across the board standard number of daily calls. Efficient time management, consistency, and execution should out-weigh the concept of a consistent number of daily calls.

Oct 24, 2016 – Talent

Thanks for the advice, we'll forward that on. Thrilled to hear you're having a great time out in Kissimmee.

"Hard work can truly pay off"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Salary, real opportunity to grow within company if upwardly mobile and motivated. Opportunity to work with a diverse group of people from different areas of the country as well as different backgrounds.

Cons

Job can be very time consuming at times. Work life balance can possibly be difficult to maintain during busy times of year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive growth and advances in technology as well as implementing outside the box ideas. Really makes working here more interesting than other jobs I've had.

Oct 3, 2016 – Talent

We love it when current employees leave reviews for us! We understand chasing that perfect balance between your work life and home life can be a challenge. Currently, we are piloting a flexible... More

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay plan,great benefits medical, dental,vision,401K, company car. Great culture, fair work life balance. Clear career path.

Cons

Retail hours, vehicle reconditioning sometimes not what it should be, difficulty to get vehicles repaired after delivered to lot.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep culture the same, work life balance and a clear career path for all employees .