DriveTime Automotive Group Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Nov 23, 2020

3.7
DriveTime Automotive Group CEO Scott Worthington
Scott Worthington
Pros
  • "coworkers and work environment was cool(in 64 reviews)

• "Great benefits that are reasonably priced(in 49 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It’s a sales job so don’t go into it thinking that there will be much work life balance(in 121 reviews)

• "long hours, cut throat team members(in 86 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Career Worthy Company

Sep 4, 2018 - Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work environment, promote from within, personal development, fulfilling career, full gym, great benefits

Cons

No daycare services on site or otherwise

Talent Support Specialist

Thanks for the great review! So glad to see you enjoy the strong sense of culture and the positive work environment we have here at DriveTime. We are happy to have you on our team and are excited for your own opportunities for growth and development personally and professionally as it is something that is important to us for all of our employees.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Nov 23, 2020 - Automotive Technician in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, good environment and great benefits

Cons

Not much of a problem

Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review!

3. 4.0

Good company

Oct 28, 2020 - Bankruptcy Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great benefits, great Pay

Cons

Management was not that great

Employee Experience Team

Hello, thank you for stopping by and writing us a review! We are glad that during your time with us as a Bankruptcy Specialist you enjoyed the company, pay, and benefits. Unfortunate that you did not feel the same about your management team. We hope that you were able to share your feedback and ways we could improve prior to your departure. We wish you the best of luck in your next role!

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

poor management

Aug 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits and great people work with

Cons

managment play favoritism and don't help in career development

Employee Experience Team

Thank you for leaving a review. Across the organization, we work hard to create and foster a fair and safe culture to work and grow within, and do not play into favoritism. We take any concern relating to this very seriously. We are sorry to hear that this was not your experience with us. Career progression and internal growth is a big part of our progressive culture at DriveTime. We believe that career development starts with each employee individually, and our department managers and leaders are there to help foster this growth through development, guidance, and mentorship. We appreciate your review, and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Gm years are like dog years

May 24, 2020 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits that are reasonably priced. Closed Sundays. If you are a self motivator than you can move up. Obviously if you are relocatable than you are able to move up faster. Great training and good communication from senior management. When you go into sales, you know that you are going to put up with a lot of “extras” but you also know the pay will make it worth it. I met a lot of great people and made a lot of great relationships. I had great mentors along the way.

Cons

It’s a sales job so don’t go into it thinking that there will be much work life balance. Even before covid due to the structure of the company, you won’t see your assistant director or director much - they just have too much on their plate to be at your store to check in. Be prepared to be managed remotely.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Experience Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us as a General Manager. We are very thankful that you chose to share 8+ years with us leading our Retail teams! Among the many benefits and perks that come with the role, working with amazing coworkers that turn into Mentors and family is one of the best perks of them all and we are glad you got to experience that with DriveTime. We appreciate your feedback on our communication during COVID, and hope you can understand that we did our best communicating to all our employees at a national level. With every update and change, we are not only transparent, but also overcommunicate by sending out video messages from our CEO, virtual team meetings, our internal communication channels, and through our employee handbook. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions and we wish you the best for your future endeavors.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Driving business, completing paperwork, and driving cars

Mar 3, 2020 - Senior Sales Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, Atmosphere, Customer focused, Challenging, and Rewarding

Cons

Work life balance, long hours during tax season, and constant changes if not open to change.

Employee Experience Team

Hello! Your review as a Senior Sales Advisor is much appreciated! Our organization's growth has come with many changes over the years, which we understand was challenging, yet rewarding. We appreciate your flexibility and working through the change with us. I really like your suggestion for more casual dress days along with contests and incentives! We will definitely take this feedback as we continue to plan for our future. If you have any specific ideas, we would love to hear it! Please share your ideas with your leadership team to implement at your store & market!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

IT Dept doesn't trust their employees to be adults

Mar 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, Great benefits, Successful Company

Cons

You will be scrutinized for every action including using perks provided by the Company. Your growth doesn't actually matter, if you are a square peg in a round hole you will be expected to become a round peg.

4 people found this review helpful

Employee Experience Team

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It is unfortunate that this was your parting experience after spending 3+ years within our IT department. The work from home perk is only offered to select departments that have the functionality and capability to do so, and we trust our employees that do have this perk (along with all perks) to use it responsibly. Part of what makes our company culture is the people we work with, and we believe working together in person helps cultivate this. Although your time with us has come to an end, we do appreciate your feedback and we wish you the best in the next steps in your career.

8. 4.0

Great Place to Work Overall

Oct 1, 2019 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Hours are better than traditional dealership

Cons

Honestly, I thought Drivetime was an awesome company and I was really great full to work there as you get to learn a lot about sales without having the stress of a traditional dealership. I personally just got tired of the car sales game and went on to other sales.

Talent

Thank you for sharing! We are sorry to see you go but glad you had a positive experience with us!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review

Sep 24, 2019 - Operations Advisor in Youngstown, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work environment, great benefits

Cons

Hours, pay , advancement in company

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If Drivetime could have half of its wishes, it will double your troubles.

Jul 12, 2019 - Line Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Steady 40 hour work weeks -Great Benefits -Most IC's were fitted with state of the art equipment. -At times paid lunches.

Cons

Its Leadership was by far some of the worst I've experienced in the workforce. I will break down some of the cons in sections to better illustrate a pragmatic view of my experiences from Inspection Center I worked at. Leadership- At Drivetime, the notion of individualism is "welcomed", as long as you tow the line. It only truly applies to Management. As a leader within the company, there was no real set defined culture, although they spoke about it all the time. The "Drivetime Culture" is just a euphemism for the submissiveness expected from the individual. Don't believe for one second that this place is a beautifully painted canvas that its Talent Support team portrays. It is not, and "Leaders" in this company are not consistent across the board. Dissemination of information was always a problem within the company, because no set defined guidelines were enforced within the company. Assistant Directors acted in multiple roles instead of a defined purpose. This led to a lot of interpretations within the organization. An Assistant Director could come in for a visit, immediately undermine a process that is standardized or tweaked by his GM without consulting or understanding why it was done in the first place with. This is how you plant the seeds of discord and doubt into people as a Leader. Standards- Drivetime had standardized work it created for its workflow and was by far the most comprehensive set of instructions I've ever seen. Does Drivetime follow these guidelines? Not always. As I stated previously, Assistant Directors, and GM's could override a standard set in place by its entity; whether it be cosmetic, or mechanical because it fell into what they call a "Gray Area". Another euphemism for "If it doesn't look that bad, lets not spend the money to fix it." This practice ties back to the dissemination of information. If you allow for subjectivity within a defined set of guidelines, it disseminates itself across the organization. The perception is that "you dont care about the rules, so why should I?" You then create tension, with employees. Objectivity is what creates consistency. Talent Support- Talent support is the equivalent of hiring a PR rep to help quell fires. If a member of the inspection team called Talent Support because of the ways Drivetime Management would treat its employees (Gaslight central), it would not resolve the matters as their own entity. The process is as follows. Talent Support receives the complaint, Talent Support forwards the complaint to the Managing Director, Managing Director speaks to the Assistant Director about the problem DIRECTLY (Who this person can be part of the problem or the complaint can be directed to), sends the Assistant Director to investigate. The problem with this process is again, no set defined guidelines or a set of fresh eyes to provide light and a new perspective on the matter. This process is a closed loop, as its intended purpose is to smother the issue and not allow much noise to be created from it. I observed this with a couple employees who called Talent Support. These employees were singled out, ostracized, and gas lighted until they quit. Nothing like fixing a problem by making the employee feel like he did something wrong huh? Teamwork- Leadership is having integrity and understanding your people. Knowing how they function and unlocking their potential in order to create greatness. At Drivetime, cohesion was not a reality. Management never talked about the problems. It was always WHOS the problem. Borderline toxic behavior that separated the two. The genius of management is the ability to recognize a good idea and making room for your dreamers instead of mocking them behind closed doors and isolating them from the herd. Some listened, but most did not. Every human needs to understand they can bring their total person to the workplace. This was an atmosphere that Drivetime failed to create.

4 people found this review helpful