DriveTime Automotive Group "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

DriveTime Automotive Group Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Licensing coordinator"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits for employees at hone office

Cons

Management doesn’t properly notify employees

May 17, 2018 – Talent

Thank you for your positive review! Glad to see you enjoy the great benefits we offer as a company!

2. "broken promises"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits and great company to work for

Cons

doesn't promote within and don't take care of the their employees

May 2, 2018 – Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. As a company it is important to us to offer great benefits and opportunities for growth and development and we appreciate your feedback on this.

"Sales Advisor"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor I
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor I

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The potential to earn a decent salary with great benefits. The health benefits are awesome and so is earned vacation time.

Cons

The pressure of having to sell a minimum amount of units before you can even make commission. They tell customers cars can be transferred without a fee, but employees have to drive to get the cars for the customer. Sometimes driving to get a car will take 6 hours away from your sales day, which is not worth it. You are salaried employee and only get 30 minutes to eat each day if you get a chance to eat at all. No teamwork. The management team feel as if they can talk to you in a disrespectful way.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat employees and learn how to coach/development employees. It is not a good idea to reprimand employees on stage.

May 8, 2018 – Talent

We are sorry to see you didn't have a better experience with the management team. We understand that the day to day duties at the dealership can require the flexibility of our employees but with this... More

4. "Not bad"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Drivetime has great benefits and does a good job vetting leads to help keep the incoming customer flow high.

Cons

They have changed their underwriting standards and compensation package too many times. I've been there less than a year and things are completely different on both fronts since I've started.

Advice to Management

Train your managers in developing and motivating their team, budget for administrators to deal with the titling and dmv.

Jan 8, 2018 – Talent

Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying our benefits and the constant flow of customers. As a company, we're constantly evaluating our processes to ensure we protect our... More

5. "."

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits, You get to meet many wonderful people, Great learning opportunities

Cons

There needs to be more investment in the employees so they don't feel used, they are what keeps the brand alive.

Pay can be more realistic and competitive (incentive wise/Bonuses)

Advice to Management

The employees should be a higher focus in keeping the brand strong, we know it is about profit but it does not come without their hard work and sacrifice.

Dec 12, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for sharing. As an organization, we understand that our people are at the center of our success and will take your constructive feedback into consideration as we continue to add more ways... More

6. "sales advisor"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

great benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc

Cons

long work hours, no work life balance

Jul 13, 2017 – Talent

Work/Life balance for our employees is very important to us and we are constantly looking at ways to offset the long hours with incentives and flexible schedules. Thank you for your feedback!

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Company is Always adapting to change
    Career Path
    Some great leaders in the Company
    Great work/life balance if you are Sales Adviser

Cons

Long Hours first quarter of year
    Career Path gets Capped Regional wise

Advice to Management

Not everyone works as a Team

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent

We are glad to see that you had so many positive takeaways from your time with DriveTime and we appreciate your constructive feedback. Thanks for sharing!

"Ok but not great. Too much time and effort for very little money."

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn the car business, great team (depending on location), great benefits. Don't really have 20 words for the pros. Can't think of anything else.

Cons

Spend more time at the dealership than at home, no work life balance, very little money, micro-managed, little opportunity for growth, more focused on calls vs. sales.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, make a more balanced work/life schedule, focus on selling and not everything but that. Don't preach advancement when you hardly do it.

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We appreciate the candid feedback! We’re consistently seeking ways to increase work-life balance. DriveTime strives to foster growth for our employees and focus on managing employees by partnering... More

9. "DriveTime is a good company to work for in the automotive industry."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a sales professional, you will have a salary plus commission pay rate. Most companies in the automotive are commission only. The company also offers great benefits, 401k, and paid vacation(off on holidays and closed on Sundays)

Cons

Work life balance and going way way above and beyond to make the sale. You have to be willing to go above and beyond to close the deal. Sometimes I would be at work until 1am even though I was supposed to get off at 9. Also sometimes, I would have to pick a customer up, take them home, to the bank, to pick up money from a family member etc. I also had to wash the cars that I sold if the customer wanted their car washed. There was no person to specifically detail the cars. There are also black out dates for tax season mid-Jan to mid April, so if you have important things to do during this time then it may not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Be more mindful of the time of employees. I know that the whole goal is to sell, sell, sell. However, if an employee is supposed to get off at 7 don't make them take a customer at 6:45 when you know the process will usually take 2-3hrs if not more. Employees have lives outside of work. Also have someone at the dealership to detail the vehicles besides the sales person.

10. "Internet Development Team"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great culture, fun and hip, cares about employees, great benefits.

Cons

Movement in the company takes time.

Nov 21, 2016 – Talent

IDT is an awesome team, isn't it? Thanks for being a part of it!