DriveTime Automotive Group "great pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Employee Reviews about "great pay"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Manager/Sales Advisor"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay if you work at high lead volume dealerships. Base salary ($32k for sales advisor to $40k for sales manager) plus commission (based on the number of units sold). Good benefits from health insurance plans, dental, vision, 401K and PTO. Trips to corp office in Phoenix are fun. You'll meet some great people there, and create long term friendship but you'll also meet very negative people. Employees get good discounts on vehicles and service contracts (warranty). Some senior sales advisors and all sales managers get a company driver, which is great. GREAT training at all levels

Cons

Culture is changing from fun and friendly to more of a cut throat mentality. For the past two years the company has been changing their underwriting guidelines a lot. This year, 2017, it seemed that every week there was a change that benefited the company and frustrated its employees. Pay structures changes every year, making it harder for employees to make more money. LONG HOURS!!!! Work life balance is rough due to the fact that you have to stay until every customer is gone. That means even if it is 12am!!! The longest I stayed was 1am and as a sales manager I stilled had to open the next day at 9am!! ALOT of layoffs this year due to branch closings and re-structure of the company. STRESS and ANXIETY!!! not because of how hard the work is but because of the long hours and negative people working there making your work life very hard. GMs and some managers hold grudges if you try to speak up or give constructive feedback about what they are doing bad. Managers turn the blind eye to negative actions if a sales advisor is selling. I saw a lot of people get promoted because they became friends with upper managers. Co-workers still call me to say that they hate it and want to leave Drivetime.

Advice to Management

AMPS are not always the best! Specially when tenured Sales Managers having been at the dealership. Stop making so many changes, its hard for employees to adapt to so many changes.

Aug 21, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback. This year has been a year of many changes and although the changes are made in an effort to grow and an improve, we recognize that... More

2. "Internet Sales Advisor drive people in who have done applications into the dealership"

Current Employee - Internet Sales Advisor in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales Advisor in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours to work every week, great pay and they keep you engaged also every day with games to win prizes like amazon, and Nike gift cards also great training they get you very prepared for the field.

Cons

Nothing to really complain about some things are rolled out very quickly and your not able to adjust to it right away but overall no serious cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing it's working.

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for the positive feedback! DriveTime is constantly growing so there will always be change. Flexibility is critical and we are glad to hear you have been able to adapt well to the changes

3. "Love it"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay fun atmosphere

Cons

Challenging at times on Operations side

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome

Nov 21, 2016 – Talent

DriveTime is only as awesome as the employees that make it!

"Good and bad"

Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Mesa, AZ

Pros

Great pay, good benefits. As long as your manager isn't two faced the morale is good.

Cons

Opportunities to advance only if you're a favorite.

Advice to Management

Be fair .

5. "Sales"

Pros

Great Company to work for with great pay and great benifits.

Cons

working retail hours are not great but Sundays are always off.

Jun 16, 2016 – HR

Thanks for the 5 stars! We are working on providing flexible schedules to our retail teams, stay tuned for more information over the next several months!

6. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay
    Great Culture
    Fun Work Enviroment

Cons

Work Life Balance
    Change that hurts more than helps
    Lack of care from Upper Management

Advice to Management

Remember that people below you help you in your position and in most cases, help you get paid. Treat them right.

Jun 16, 2016 – HR

Thanks for leaving us a review, we especially appreciate them from current employees. We'd love to hear more of your thoughts on our agile environment and any issues with upper management. If you... More

7. "A company who appreciates hard work and dedication!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, fantastic company culture with open door policy, the best managers I have ever worked with, rewarding and fun work atmosphere, monthly (uncapped) bonus incentives, great pay and opportunities to advance quickly

Cons

This isn't something negative for me personally, but if you consider doing this job you shouldn't be afraid of being on the phone most of your day and meeting high expectations on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, you are part of the reason why DriveTime employees love their job!

May 3, 2016 – HR

Keep recruiting other great people and our company will continue to grow stronger!

"Not a career unless you do not mind spending most of your time at the dealership."

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Miami, FL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Okay pay as a Sales Advisor, room for advancement into management with great pay, it was nice to drive different model vehicles, nice vehicle discounts, laid-back work environment.

Cons

Not enough hands on deck for the work that is required from the Sales Advisors. There's a lot of hurry up and wait your clients may end up waiting 30 minutes to an hour to be interviewed or contracted by a manager or Senior SA. This is not the place for people who want to have a life outside of DriveTime. Absolutely no work life/balance. You can never make plans after work because the time you will leave is typically up in the air. You are not compensated for overtime because you are on a base salary plus bonus and "commission". The potential to make good money is there but you need to maintain a watchful eye on ALL dealership sales as managers who do not pay attention to DETAIL do not ensure you are properly compensated for your hard work. 11 or 12 hour shifts are the norm at certain times of the year (not only tax season). Always bring lunch with you because you may only have a 10-15 minute break for the day. There were times when unnecessary transportation was being offered to potential customers. Having to go above and beyond to get that sale. Depending on who the manager is, there is confusion about lunch breaks being 30 minutes or an hour. FAVORTISM!

Advice to Management

Ensure that commission for employees who are eligible is accurate. There is too much room for HUMAN error. Have a mileage limit to and from locations potential customers will be picked up or taken to their destination. Safety is key. Schedule lunches to ensure your team has time to regroup and EAT lunch. Supply better quality vehicles.

9. "No WORK Life Balance at all!!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Maple Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Maple Heights, OH

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay if your willing to put the work in.

Cons

The expectations are for you to work open to close everyday. Even if your shift is over, if there are people waiting you are not allowed to go home. Also requires a minimum of 50 calls everyday. If calls are not made you still are not able to go home.

Advice to Management

Try to find a work-life balance where employees are able to do their jobs effectively and still be able to home if shift is over. Stop taking advantage of salary employees working us close to 60-80 hours per week during tax time.

Feb 15, 2016 – HR

We certainly understand the frustration that can come with our seasonal business. We have been testing various scheduling matrices and allowing Sales Advisors to make their phone calls from home... More

10. "Love this job! Great way to make money just watch out for the hours! They can be long looong during tax season!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay if you work for it! Just be ready to put in the hours, but you can easily earn double the base salary

Cons

A little hard to promote quickly unless you can relocate across the country to where they need you to go

Advice to Management

Stop changing the commission structure or at least give more heads up!