DriveTime Automotive Group "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Educational and instructive"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leads are already given to you... you don't have to bird dog. The culture breeds growth!

Cons

phone calls, phone calls phone calls!!!!! Long hours (at times)

Advice to Management

Be realistic.

Sep 13, 2017 – Talent

We are glad to hear you believe in the culture of the company and that it has a positive impact on your career. Thank you for the positive review!

2. "Good Work Environment"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Advisor
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Advisor

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Atmosphere
    Want to see you succeed
    Room to grow with Company
    East to relocate to another location

Cons

Long Hours during tax season
    Late nights

Sep 1, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We're glad you enjoyed our culture and your time with the company! Tax Season is our peak-time and long hours typically come with higher bonuses for our Sales Teams.

3. "Sales Manager/Sales Advisor"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay if you work at high lead volume dealerships. Base salary ($32k for sales advisor to $40k for sales manager) plus commission (based on the number of units sold). Good benefits from health insurance plans, dental, vision, 401K and PTO. Trips to corp office in Phoenix are fun. You'll meet some great people there, and create long term friendship but you'll also meet very negative people. Employees get good discounts on vehicles and service contracts (warranty). Some senior sales advisors and all sales managers get a company driver, which is great. GREAT training at all levels

Cons

Culture is changing from fun and friendly to more of a cut throat mentality. For the past two years the company has been changing their underwriting guidelines a lot. This year, 2017, it seemed that every week there was a change that benefited the company and frustrated its employees. Pay structures changes every year, making it harder for employees to make more money. LONG HOURS!!!! Work life balance is rough due to the fact that you have to stay until every customer is gone. That means even if it is 12am!!! The longest I stayed was 1am and as a sales manager I stilled had to open the next day at 9am!! ALOT of layoffs this year due to branch closings and re-structure of the company. STRESS and ANXIETY!!! not because of how hard the work is but because of the long hours and negative people working there making your work life very hard. GMs and some managers hold grudges if you try to speak up or give constructive feedback about what they are doing bad. Managers turn the blind eye to negative actions if a sales advisor is selling. I saw a lot of people get promoted because they became friends with upper managers. Co-workers still call me to say that they hate it and want to leave Drivetime.

Advice to Management

AMPS are not always the best! Specially when tenured Sales Managers having been at the dealership. Stop making so many changes, its hard for employees to adapt to so many changes.

Aug 21, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback. This year has been a year of many changes and although the changes are made in an effort to grow and an improve, we recognize that... More

4. "Sales Advisor"

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Benefits are ok! employees are nice

Cons

Long hours, a lot of changes, not sure where company is headed.

Aug 1, 2017 – Talent

With the growth and evolution of the company , changes are necessary but disappointed to hear that this left you uncertain of where the company was headed. Thank you for sharing your positive and... More

5. "Great place to work and have many oppurtunities to move up in the company"

Current Employee - Lot Technician in New Castle, DE
    Current Employee - Lot Technician in New Castle, DE

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very good Medical Benefits, along 401K with company matching
    -Easy to move up in the company
    -Once you've memorized the product DriveTime is trying to sell. It very easy money.

Cons

-You need a college degree to become a salesman
    -Customers that come into the dealership can be very frustrating.
    -Long hours

Advice to Management

Better communication from the salesman, all the way to the lowest positions.

Jul 3, 2017 – Talent

Employee development and upward mobility are very important to us and a large part of DT culture. We are happy to hear that your experience so far has reflected that. Thanks for sharing!

6. "Sr. Sales Advisor"

Pros

Great work environment. Friendly Staff.

Cons

Long hours. Micromanagement style can become annoying/unwanted.

Advice to Management

Don't over micromanage

Jun 27, 2017 – Talent

Thanks for sharing the pros and cons of your experience so far. As a company, we empower our managers to encourage and motivate their teams to drive for results. We appreciate your feedback so that... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Fun exciting working environment fun staff

Cons

Long hours sometimes you skip lunch

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time with DriveTime!

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Company is Always adapting to change
    Career Path
    Some great leaders in the Company
    Great work/life balance if you are Sales Adviser

Cons

Long Hours first quarter of year
    Career Path gets Capped Regional wise

Advice to Management

Not everyone works as a Team

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent

We are glad to see that you had so many positive takeaways from your time with DriveTime and we appreciate your constructive feedback. Thanks for sharing!

"Senior Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Advisor

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a member on the sales floor. Getting to work with other people for long hours, you get to know them both professionally and personally (both can cause trouble). The money is good during tax season, but it will get difficult when there are many people on the sales floor.

Cons

No work/life balance, this can cause problems in relationships and other things. Management can micro-manage and be petty on many areas of what go on. Rather than talk to you they hid behind a computer and discuss in email until a write up comes. Long hours it makes no sense that the hours the dealerships are open basically have no life. Over priced used cars with high interest rate. Always adding people to an already crowed dealership. The DriveTime I was hired with, is turning into a basic car dealership, not the one where it was actually trying to help and cared.

Advice to Management

Stop the micro-management. Let people work and do the job, will keep from having a high turn over rate.

"Helping people with not so perfect credit purchase auto and reestablish credit simultaneously."

Current Employee - Sales Advisor - Full Time in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor - Full Time in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, medical benefits are great, educational benefits are great. Mobility in this company with the guidance to do it is always there.

Cons

Tax season long hours. After tax season it is a normal job so for about six weeks we have to be able to help each other but rewards are great.

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for taking some time to provide your thoughts! We are happy to hear that you have been able to take advantage of all of the benefits offered to DriveTime employees and their families.