DriveTime Automotive Group "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Operations Advisor"

Former Employee - Operations Advisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Advisor in Houston, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunitiesfor advancement
    A lot of young energetic people

Cons

No work life balance
    Long hours with little pay
    Management is terrible
    High turn over rate

Jan 8, 2018 – Talent

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. DriveTime offers employees strong career paths, collaborative management teams, and prioritize work life balance. Even though servicing our customers may... More

"Cuts in pay and staffing draining talent"

Current Employee - Retail Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Retail Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not a bad place to start your career. If you are willing to move to Phoenix, you may have a shot at some work life balance.

Cons

Retail stores have gone lean, saving the company while requiring more hours from current management. Pay has decreased with an increased work load. Managing morale is half the battle.

Advice to Management

Asking "What does an SM do?" to someone who misses her kids sporting events is insensitive. Most people at SM or above have given up huge amounts of time and sacrificed being with family. Better question, what does a director do?

Dec 7, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We appreciate your feedback. We encourage you to express your concerns to your leadership and/or our Talent Support Team.

"Sr Applications Developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance
    Technology stack moves along with the times
    Great co-workers
    A lot of opportunities for advancement
    Sr Management seems transparent

Cons

There's a lot of promoting from within, so while this is a good thing, it can unfortunately have the affect of keeping new ideas stale. Especially if the developer has only ever known the "DriveTime way"

Dec 4, 2017 – Talent

We are glad you have so many "Pros" and appreciate your perspective on internal promotions. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

"Sales Manager"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Good Pay. Company vehicle. Mix of inside and out side work. Mix of busy times and slow times

Cons

Work life balance. Unreasonable expectations for sales some months. And additional product sales

Advice to Management

Look to create a culture for long term vision and growth. And not quick fixes and results

Nov 16, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We understand that there times when our sales teams dedicate extra hours . However, we're continuously looking at ways to improve work life balance and ensuring our... More

5. "Great job for adaptable people"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Most of my coworkers are a delight and the job itself isn't all that difficult. As long as I work with and communicate with my managers, I'm able to create an extremely healthy work/life balance. For the most part, management does a great job of pumping up their teams and celebrating wins.

Cons

Must have an already established set of "people skills" in order to relate with clientele and overcome obstacles related to customers. Being a woman in this industry can feel uncomfortable and challenging at times.

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We're happy to hear you're enjoying working with us! Thanks for sharing your feedback.

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Charleston, SC

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to make great income. Work life balance isn't bad.

Cons

To many managers are promoted through friendship of previous manager.Most manager haven't sold over 100 vehicle within the time they were sales advisors. But are able to move up because their friend is apart upper management.

Advice to Management

Get the friends out and more qualified managers they don't won't corporate to know what's going on a internal store level. Managers build and alliances so their protected through friends once their not in compliance.

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We're happy to hear you enjoyed the work life balance and earning potential! Thank you for providing valuable feedback.

7. "Sales"

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay (sometimes) and benefits.

Cons

No work/life balance. Pay can be questionable once you realize how many hours you're actually there. Two many higher ups with their fingers in the pot.

Oct 16, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We appreciate the feedback. We understand that servicing our customers can sometimes require additional hours, however our sales teams have bonus incentives that reward the extra time and effort.

"Drivetime is a good for what it is in place for to help people get a vehicle."

Former Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Memphis, TN

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tax time commission plus salary. I enjoyed a few of my coworkers. It is good for connections meeting different people.

Cons

Work life balance, management, ability for promotions, lunch is only 30 min, micromanage, and lack of appreciation for loyal employees

Advice to Management

I worked for this company almost 4 years and I quit because there was no way I could get promoted without being caucasian, I am African American. I have been there for 3 1/2 years and have seen 3 other caucasians get promoted before me even though I was more qualified than them. The management is ok not the best of course they have a turnover like none other I have seen 5 different managers hired and a host of employees. They talk a good game to get people in the door.

"General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Culture is tremendous, managers are well supported and given a lot of autonomy. Not a high pressure sales environment but still able to get high performance. Pay is good not great. Management opportunities are good and you don't have to start from the bottom.

Cons

work/life balance. Extreme culture of constant feedback can be off putting at first. Not necessarily longer hours but they are definitely later. Many nights end well after closing and this can wear thin over time. Companies culture is constant change and to an outsider it feels like instability and re-activeness. In order to move up you have to either move to Phoenix where the corporate offices are or wait your turn for an A/D spot to open and for what? More work? More time away from my family? Great job for a single person with few attachments. Pay structure changes literally every year=more instability. Sales Advisors can make just as much as the GM and have absolutely no buy-in to push for more sales at a certain point because their bonuses are guaranteed whereas management's is dependent on hitting a budget. It's all or nothing for our bonus.

Advice to Management

More consistency and stability, better base pay for GM's. Company has gone through a tidal wave of change in the past year and the reasons for staying in a competitive job market are getting harder and harder to find. I'm encouraged to push through the current culture of instability and change but again, for what?

Oct 16, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that the changes that have taken place this year were seen as instability. We recognize the challenges that come... More

10. "DISAPPOINTED"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefit, opportunity to make good money. Most cars are good. Room to grow. I believe DT is good company.

Cons

No work life balance. Working 10-12 plus hours 3-4 days out of 5 is so hard on personal life. Management does not care if you have plans for the evening. They will insist on you taking a customer 45 minutes or less before your off time, which means you are stuck there for 3-5 more hours. GM is lazy, disappears for long times when needed. Sales managers can be mean to you. If you sale good they overlook negative behavior. The F word is used out loud by management when referringn to customers. So unprofessional. I'm disappointed with this place. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE!!!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "do as I say not as I do. Stop walking the floor eating your lunch in front of customers. So tacky. Stop treating customers like you are better than them. Respect all of your staff. We make your bonus goals, not you!

Sep 12, 2017 – Talent

We are glad to hear your overall positive view of the company. Our leaders are held to high expectations so we are disappointed to hear that you feel your leaders didn't meet them. We appreciate your... More