Driveline Retail Merchandising Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 30, 2016

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randy Wilson

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, great manager, very easy to use app for submitting jobs (in 31 reviews)

• Helpful management staff, super flexible hours (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay with barely any raises (in 12 reviews)

• Not many cons, it's a good part time job (in 12 reviews)

"Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy doing merchandising and want some flexibility in your schedule this is a good company. I enjoy going to different businesses and working with different people.

Cons

Have not found any cons. The job is just what it advertise it is. Could be better at communicating detailed job expectations.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say to management as they have not contacted me, good or bad, communication is the key to grow and develop a culture of teamwork and self development. This will help the employee and the employer.

"Master Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Master Merchandiser in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Master Merchandiser in Stockton, CA

Pros

Flexible hours, team work, decent pay

Cons

A lot of paperwork, must have smartphone/tablet and internet as well as a home PC and printer

3. "Surge associate"

Pros

Flexible schedule work the days and hours that are convenient for you

Cons

So far I have had any cons with this company and im hoping I wont have any

5. "good company, flexible hours"

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time

Pros

I have been with Driveline for almost a year and have enjoyed my time there. My curent manager is great and very efficient at handling any issues. I enjoy the part time, flexible hours that come with the position.

Cons

Sometimes hours can be a little light and the pay is a little lower than other companies.m

Advice to Management

Increase pay slightly

"Great company if you like a variable schedule."

Current Employee - Master Merchandiser

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can work you schedule, however you like. Work week is Mon-Thur. Most of the time you have two weeks to complete a project. Instructions are easy to read and follow, as long as you read them.
    You are allowed to work unsupervised, aside from the Manager of the location you are working.
    Competitive pay in my area
    Optional 401
    The job is only as hard as you make it.

Cons

slow to give raises
    You can have really slow weeks and very busy weeks, but you also have to remember it is working in a retail environment and flows with the seasons.

Advice to Management

Try to keep schedules more consistent.

"Great for the independent worker."

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time

Pros

This job is perfect for certain types of people, and I'm definitely one of them. You receive assignments for each week. Workload can be anywhere from 15-30 hours depending on the work load. In bigger cities, it's easy to pick up extra hours by helping on group assignments or covering for other reps when needed. You pretty much make your own schedule. The majority of the work is only on weekdays and they prefer everything be done before 5:30. You'll get major holidays off, but if you do greeting cards, a lot of the seasonal sets happen over the few days following the holiday. The flexibility is amazing. Pay is fairly competitive for what you do. If you enjoy working alone and doing a lot of detail oriented tasks, this job is perfect. You get to drive around between stores enjoying some music. You report all of your work and handle your own payroll. They've integrated the entire task list into a smartphone app, so reporting everything is easy.

Cons

This job definitely won't be for everyone. You're usually alone and it can be tricky to get help or clarification where needed. Most every task you're assigned has a related certification course that you can take on the website. Most are interactive and have a test at the end to make sure you understand what's expected. Instructions and planograms can also be easily accessed on the site or in the app. You definitely have to be a little technologically savvy and self reliant to get by. Tasks can be all over the place as far as the allotted time goes. I've had 3 hour jobs only take 20 minutes, & 15 minute jobs take 2 hours. It's tough to get extra time, so I try to plot out workloads within stores where I can balance the time between everything & make sure all of the jobs are done as best as they can be. Experience also varies from store to store. Some are a breeze to work in, while others look like a tornado went through. I've had years of experience with merchandising in various retail stores, that this job is fairly simple. It can be tough if you don't have experience, though; and outside of the online training, you don't get much in store training at all. This can cause push back from store managers and employees, who expect things done certain ways.

Advice to Management

A lot of merchandisers seem lost, and there's definitely quite a bit of turnover because of it. The online training is extremely important and should have more attention brought to it.

8. "Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Lamar, CO
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Lamar, CO

Pros

Work my own days or hours.

Cons

Not enough hours unless you do resets.

9. "Merchandising"

Pros

Flexible schedule, pay not bad.

Cons

Low hours, work not regular.

"Flexible but must be responsible"

Current Employee - Master Merchandiser in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Master Merchandiser in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love how flexible this company is and being able to choose my schedule during the week most of the time. During the busy season, you usually stay busy and there is usually plenty of work to go around for my area if you need more hours.

Cons

A downside is it is slower during the end of the year and the first couple months. Also, sometimes managers can be rude. Better training fornew hires would be a plus.

Advice to Management

Hire more responsible people!

11. "Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Master Merchandiser

Pros

Keep in mind when you are sent a recruitment email that this is the kind of job for people who like this type of work and have experience doing it. If you have a good Area Manager, they will coach you when you have questions. It's great for a little extra cash and hours are flexible. Pay is a little above average, so make sure your territory is close to home or your day job.

Cons

Sometime the materials that are sent to you don't show up on time. Don't expect to make a living doing this work with this company. There are A LOT of merchandising companies out there that pay more and give you more hours because they have more contracts with vendors. It's a part-time job----nothing more, nothing less.

Advice to Management

Take care of the merchandisers who work hard for Driveline. You will keep them longer if you give them more work and a raise doesn't hurt.