Driveline Retail Merchandising Employee Reviews about "portal"

Updated Sep 7, 2020

Driveline Retail Merchandising CEO Randy Wilson (no image)
Randy Wilson
Pros
  • "The job position for the most part allows for a flexible schedule with representatives in a given regional area(in 54 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and if your schedule gets overwhelming they are willing to have someone cover your projects(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not enough for full time hours, low pay(in 27 reviews)

• "Light work load at times but was told when hired it was a part time good so thats all ok(in 18 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "portal"

Return to all Reviews

"Awesome Company."

5.0
    Master Merchandiser in Baldwin, AL

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Pros

Working independant and able to schedule your time around other companies you work for also. You have a portal and a app that lets you move things if time permitting

Cons

Holiday time is slow but if you manage your busy time pay it all works out.

2. "Its okay"

Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time

Pros

Flexibility, easy, minimal supervision, online portal

Cons

Wear and tear on car, low pay, part time

"Not Bad - Not For Everyone"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Very flexible scheduling -No Co-Workers to deal with -No supervisors breathing down your neck -No drama -Decent starting pay The work really is easy. You drive to different stores and complete the work assignments that you printed off on your work portal. Some are installing theft fixtures, some are resetting product to make room for new product, some are audit counts, and some are just sticking coupons on product. Easy work for decent pay. No co workers to irritate you, unless it's a team project. No supervisor breathing down your neck.

Cons

-Low hours during off-season -Rude Store Managers -Salty District Managers During the holiday, Driveline is slow with projects but once they are over, new products are coming out and more projects become available. However, with all the pros of not putting up with others, there are some rude store managers. I've had some that acted like it was a nuisance that I was there to clean their shelves as I reorganized products and installed shelf strips and even stocked... something they wouldn't have to do. Not all Store Managers are this way though. There are some very kind ones.

"Master merchandiser"

4.0
    Master Merchandiser in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Pros

Flexible schedule. Easy to maneuver your hours into a schedule that benefits you. Easy to understand work portal app for smart phones cuts submittal time in half and offers employee protection

Cons

There are no promised hours. Work tends to be seasonal and slows down drastically around the end of the year holidays.

Continue reading

"Depends upon where you live and who your supervisor is..."

Current Employee - Master Merchandiser

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the fact that I can make my own schedule based upon what is coming up. Many projects have a two week window while some projects have only a one week window. Unless I am doing a hard-dated reset (like cosmetics in Walmart), I can choose to work the days I want and the times I want (within reason). While many say the website is antiquated...I like it! I find it easy to use and I like the fact that I can do my reports on my phone now too - and upload pictures from my phone, etc. Since I can access my information on my phone most of the time, I don't always print up my work - in fact, I often don't (unless it is a letter of authorization that I need signed by the manager). I can now just read the information on my phone! Now let me stress here - I live in a small town. I am assigned a territory of three stores - two are Dollar Generals and one is a Family Dollar. At times I'll help out with a larger reset in a store like Walmart, but mainly it is those three stores. My furthest driving distance is maybe 8 miles or so - I never really checked...so it isn't like I have to do a lot of traveling. I can go to my store - walk in and see the manager in less than 5 minutes for checking in (try that in a Walmart) - do my work - check out and leave. My stores all have great managers that I have built relationships with....and I enjoy going to them. I understand that there are people who live in larger towns and they have to fight to find work on the portal that is close to them or perhaps they get work assigned that is farther away and that is why they complain about Driveline. But for someone who lives in a small town and gets a specific territory - it can be a good job. I do get overtime if I email my boss with the project number and the reason why I went over- but I need to be reasonable about this and not go over just to get more money. Some projects there is no overtime you just know you have to stop after X minutes.

Cons

Some weeks I might have 20 hours of work - some weeks I might have 5 hours or less of work. I definitely don't make enough from this one job to live on (which is why I work for half a dozen merchandising companies). I hate the fact that at times they realign the districts and change the managers. I had an AWESOME manager up until about a month ago when the company decided to realign the districts and to be honest with you - I can't stand my new manager's attitude. I will stay with the company - they provide a large portion of my monthly pay that I need..but I really liked getting the emails of "Hey guys...we're at X% completion rate and that's great but I know we can keep doing better. Keep it up and if you're struggling...let me know so we can work it out" versus "Hey you guys..we're only at X% completion rate and you better start doing better or else.." Management style of my new manager SUCKS. I dread seeing his name in my incoming mail. With my old manager - I always enjoyed seeing his name in my email list. If I still had my old manager - this would have been a four star review.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.