KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Driven Brands Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2022

Found 208 of over 212 reviews

2.9
Driven Brands President & CEO Jonathan Fitzpatrick (no image)
Jonathan Fitzpatrick

What people are saying about Driven Brands

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people that are great to work with.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Values based with a good culture that's getting better(in 7 reviews)
  • "The office is nice and conveniently located.(in 6 reviews)
  • "My manager was great.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Solid salary pay (commissions... ehh), decent benefits, and overall a fun place to work.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Driven Brands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Aug 31, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Do great on sales and business

Cons

More hours for the people that wants to work

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run for the hills

Sep 26, 2022 - Senior Fp&A Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work (at the time I was employed) paired with good annual salary

Cons

Literally everything.. From the dept leadership, managers to the expectation of the day to day. I beg of you.. if you find yourself reading this review thinking about taking this position let me explicitly call this out for you to save you from hell. I thought this journey would be my saving grace leaving a previous crappy situation with a buy out regarding my old employer.. but this is the role/dept/company is the absolute definition of "grass is not greener" on the other side. You will literally be a slave to a dept leader who is smart but has literal no communication skills, managers who literally cant communicate expectations.. and to throw on top of it all.. this company has a law firm that will harrass the ever living hell out of you once you leave to obtain laptop and sign on bonus when in the offer letter doesnt list any specific timeline other than "upon departure". So when you have a death in the family, moving, starting a new job.. lets just threaten lawsuits and legal fees. If any HR or upper leader is reading this.. literally you are the worst company in Charlotte and it is known across the board. I have 0 remorse in saying this as you proved the stereotype with 0 inclination to change. I much rather of either toughed it out at my old employer or been on unemployment than waste.. literally waste.. 6 months of my life here. Its like the bad crazy ex girlfriend situation.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Run for the hills!

Aug 25, 2022 - Sr. Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote positions and some good people.

Cons

Well, where do I start? For one, women are sorely underpaid for the same jobs that men do within the company. Turnover is incredibly high because it’s such an unorganized gong show. Communication from the top down is completely askew and confusing. Diversity is lacking. If you want to be an under appreciated cog in a wheel, then hey, your dream job awaits. I left because on top of basically being overworked for stints, I felt completely unheard and under appreciated even though I was an integral part of their car wash business’ growth. The final straw was when they excitedly presented me a $2,000 (less than 2%) raise after nearly 3 years of employment. With inflation my salary has declined even with the raise. That’s not caring for your employees. So, I was outwardly and publicly (though professionally) upset and they basically told me that all the raise money was allotted to team members who were being underpaid. So, why were there so many team members being underpaid was my question (women) and how was that my fault? I felt punished because of their inability to pay their team members a living wage.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Car wash is a great place to grow your experience

Sep 22, 2022 - Manager, Support Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work on various projects that are not always your direct responsibility Values based with a good culture that's getting better Compensation is strong

Cons

Can be overwhelming because of the pace, but it's rewarding

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing Company

Apr 27, 2022 - Procurement Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rapidly growing company, many opportunities to move up if talented, talented leadership team, meritocratic culture, data and fact based decision making, lots of low hanging fruit to improve the company, hard-working technicians that keeps the business running daily, good work / life balance for most departments I love it here personally and think most of the negative reviews are prior to leadership changes and due to COVID layoffs.

Cons

Some departments have had higher turnover on already lean teams leading to employee burnout (a factor of the company's growth), executive team can switch priorities frequently and cause disruption of current business plans (which may be good for the business if proper staffing is laid out to cover all priorities, but can frustrate departments / teams), meritocratic culture mostly awards high performers - but has allowed some smooth talkers / bulldog leadership styles into the circle of influence that can bully employees

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

?

Sep 15, 2022 - Accounts Payable Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity to improve processes

Cons

Impossible to stabilize your team or set goals.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Job, But Could Be Better

Aug 10, 2022 - Site Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment. I enjoy that I get a decent amount of freedom to run my site the way I want to... until recently. I love that I get to be outside every day and aren’t stuck at a desk 40 hours a week. Every day I feel like I’m doing something different. They’ve made improvements to bonuses and other benefits compared to before we were acquired by Driven Brands.

Cons

It seems that Driven is trying to grow very fast, because of this there is a huge disconnect between corporate and field operations. I found out my site was going to get a complete overhaul and shut my site down for 4 days literally the day before they shut me down. It would’ve been nice to know so I could make a plan and give my employees notice that we wouldn’t be paying them for almost a week. They changed my carwashes name to the now country wide “Take 5” which was no big deal for me, but they did nothing to help me inform my over 3000 monthly recharge customers that their subscription would still work at my site. No signage (which was requested repeatedly), no blast email (which we have established a large database of). Nothing. Then I got an angry email from the customer support manager because dozens of people canceled their plan because they thought their subscription wouldn’t work at my site, and I “hadn’t done enough” to inform my customers of the change. Even though I had suggested a lot of simple solutions to retain our customers, it fell on deaf ears.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Worst Company Ever

Aug 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is the worst, please don’t overlook the reviews they are not a good company to work for. All they do is work you until you exhausted they don’t care about your well being . They have no processes , deadlines or nothing. The manager is useless she don’t know nothing they don’t pay people correctly. Just beware working there on 2 and a half months of being there about 6 people quit. I have never worked for a company like this when I started everyone was telling me how bad this company was and I had the mindset of let me see for myself and it was true what they told me, THE ABSOLUTE WORST! The morale is low cause the company sucks!

Cons

No organization, no one knows nothing, do things that are not by the books

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Results Matter

Aug 28, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Driven is the kind of company where you can make an impact and advance quickly if you are willing/able to deliver value. Its not a simple 9-5.

Cons

The company has high turnover at every level

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

For those who want to learn and grow quickly

Aug 23, 2022 - Business Development in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awarded for results Expected to lead and make an impact You can create your opportunities

Cons

May be given big roles at young ages if capable, which can be demanding

Viewing 1 - 10 of 208 Reviews

Driven Brands Reviews FAQs

Driven Brands has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 212 reviews left anonymously by employees. 41% of employees would recommend working at Driven Brands to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Driven Brands employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Driven Brands. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

41% of Driven Brands employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Driven Brands 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Driven Brands to be benefits, coworkers, career development and the cons to be culture, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Driven Brands Job Seekers