Driven Marketing Solutions Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Account Manager

3.4
Lizzie Kirbo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Management Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Driven Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great team environment
    -Awesome Sales/ Marketing experience
    -Fast growing company with a lot of growth opportunity

If you are someone who wants to grow with a company and actually make an impact, then I would say this is the place for you. If you just want a job where you clock in and clock out, then you should look for something else. The camaraderie that we have here in the office does not stop there. If I ever need anything, non-work related, I have plenty of people who have my back and will help me out.

We are a pretty young crowd, but we are all really ambitious and know when to work and when to have fun. I could not imagine working in a different environment.

Cons

Not your typical 9-5 job, but what is these days?

Advice to Management

I really enjoy the close team atmosphere-in and out of the office!

2. "100% commission, hardly make money, you pay for everything"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Driven Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

Worked with really cool people who are around the same age. Early to Mid 20's

Cons

100% commission. You'll be working over 40-50 hrs per week and never know what your pay check will be. You go door to door seeing roughly 50 some business a day. If you don't make a sale you don't get paid. If you are made to go out in the field with someone you have to split all the sales. You're given weekly responsibilities as well as interview and train other but you aren't getting paid for it. You'll be frowned upon if you do not part take in teams nights that come out of you pocket. Not to mention you'll be paying for all your gas expenses as well. Instead of being reimbursed you have to some how claim them on your taxes. Good luck with that.

Advice to Management

You're high turnover rate will continue to increase as well as your bad reviews if the failures in the pay structure don't change. You can't expect kids who are right out of college to stick around when their loan payments are greater than the worth of this company.

3. "Everything I could want and more!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Driven Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team Environment is great. Young, fun and willing to strive for success! People actually hang out after work!? Crazy right! Managers are very down to earth and willing to help in anyway. Not a job but a career..

Cons

You have to work hard here to move up, but it's well worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep things as fun as they are!!!

"Awesome Experience"

Former Intern - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Driven Marketing Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an internship marketing for Quill through Driven Marketing Solutions. I wanted to write a note thanking everyone who helped me along my three month summer journey, as well as explain the opportunity to anyone else looking for a marketing internship/job.

We call this job a “people builder.” Using a simple and effective system, people with no experience with marketing become experts. While I was taught direct marketing and sales techniques, I also learned much more valuable lessons: work ethic, determination, confidence, and team building. Much of what I got out of this internship are things that can’t be learned in a classroom, which is why I strongly recommend this position to anyone looking for experience.

The lessons I learned here are not just for business majors (I am a Psychology major) but for anyone looking to grow professionally. I was treated exactly the same as a full-time employee and given all the opportunities of my colleagues. Not to mention I had a blast doing so! Some of my coworkers have become very close friends of mine, and I intend on keeping in touch with them even though my internship is over.

I want to thank Lizzie Kirbo for hiring me and the whole Driven Marketing Solutions team for putting unlimited energy into teaching and helping me-there was no moment I felt unsupported. I also want to thank all the Leaders who trained me-you all made this job fun.

Thank you!

Cons

There was not much that I didn't like about working at Driven Marketing Solutions. I didn't mind using my own car for my daily activities-you claim your mileage or your gas receipts and any expenses when you file your taxes.

"you pay to work there"

Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Driven Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co workers are awesome. you get to know one another on a personal level

Cons

you pay out of pocket for your gas mileage. your bonuses depend on the entire office's retention, so even if you work hard to keep up your own retention and meet your weekly bonuses, you are not guaranteed to receive them. the out of town business trips are completely out of pocket and not only do you share a room with coworkers, but you also share a BED. oh and your work week will be anywhere from 55-60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

the management is not to blame. its the people farther up the ladder.....