Drivestream Reviews in Sterling, VA | Glassdoor

Gopal D. Krishna

1. "Great Place!!"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Sterling, VA

I worked at Drivestream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice leadership. The leadership at Drivestream cares about the well being of their employees. Very fair team. Much opportunity for learning new technology if you are willing to put in the time to do so. I was always considered in company decisions and they had an open door policy. Even the company CEO welcome you into his office for a casual conversation which is a rare thing these days with companies. I learned a lot at Drivestream and will always be grateful for the opportunity. I had to leave for other personal reasons but I know I made a long lasting relationship.

Cons

Drivestream is growing very fast and with that comes growing pains. This is a normal thing for companies that experience rapid growth but leadership is always trying to address issues arising of this type of demand.

Advice to Management

Perhaps assemble a smaller team of strategic leaders that are not managing projects on a daily basis to assess and recommend better approaches to improvements where needed. Include sales into this assessment. You guys have a great model, it just needs to adjust to rapid growth and demands.

2. "Decent place"

Former Intern - Information Technology Intern in Sterling, VA
    Former Intern - Information Technology Intern in Sterling, VA

I worked at Drivestream as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environment is laid back and enjoyable. Most days it is quiet and you get your work done.

Cons

A lot of confusion among management which trickles down to employees. Reorganizations happened almost every quarter.
    There is ZERO company culture, not much happens in terms of things other than work.

Advice to Management

You need to figure out a way to keep people who work there to stay. Replacing employees is easy but you still fall behind because now you're training new people for the same job.

3. "10+ Year Old Startup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Drivestream full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Drivestream has been around since 2002. I have been an employee since 2010. I have seen the company really take off over the past few years as we got in early in the Oracle Cloud space. The company is still small enough that anyone with the initiative and ability to get the job done can quickly rise up the chain. They are innovative in methodology and approach.

Cons

The company has grown quickly the past couple years, which has caused growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue the initiatives to keep the employees informed. Don't lose the sense of family as we grow. Getting the entire company or groups together once or twice a year would help this.

4. "On the right track!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Pros

Caring CEO, lots of opportunities for growth, lots of learning opportunities, fun company culture, team environment for assistance and shared learning, good work/life balance overall

Cons

occasional unrealistic deadlines, working with off-shore can delay the process

Advice to Management

You're on the right track!

5. "Perfect Fit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Pros

There are many opportunities and an abundance of projects to work on in many different business areas. Managers give autonomy to their teams and do not micromanage. Employees are recognized for their achievements. My co-workers are willing to help when needed and share information and ideas.

Cons

it is a fast paced environment which is not always good for everyone. I have seen some struggle, but for others that is a pro.

Advice to Management

Keep the small company culture that you have. People feel appreciated and a great sense of loyalty to the management. A little more communication about future goals and plans would be good.

6. "Great company and culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Drivestream full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Drivestream is great company. Senior management has created a holistic environment where employees comes first. Since I started working here, my knowledge and experience has grown functionally and technically. Consultants work well together to ensure that clients and projects are successfully implemented. Great opportunity to learn and get hands-on experience with latest Oracle products. I feel like I make a real contribution every day and it's recognized!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the company, but I will say having a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and business acumen can take a person very far with Drivestream.

Advice to Management

There have been times when I was not in agreement with the decisions Managers made (but who really is), but overall continue doing what you are doing because it works. You understand that employees are Drivestream's greatest assets.

7. "Drivestream Rocks"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Drivestream full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented, People, Culture, Diversity, flexibility

Cons

Salary is less than industry standards

"Deplorable"

Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Sterling, VA

I worked at Drivestream full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no reason to work here. Senior Leadership pays lip service to work life balance; but their actions require you to work 60-90 hours per week. Pay was good, But the expectation was that they had purchased a slave and not hired an employee.

Cons

Cons are too numerous to list here. Too many chiefs directing a dwindling number of consultants. Themplementation methodology that looks good on paper but does not work in the real world.clients are over promised and underserved. Absolutely had to get out of there.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to tweak your methodology. Finish implementing the clients' project you have already taken on, And stop taking on new business until you have sorted your mess out.

"Great people, lots of help, and they encourage you to move forward in your career at Drivestream."

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Sterling, VA

I worked at Drivestream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, and the people are amazing to work with.

Cons

Smaller company, so there are less people in the office, and more in India.

Advice to Management

Keep the great attitude towards the people helping you out, and make sure to stay organized so others can stay on task with what they need to do for you.