Drohan Management Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Drohan Management Group President and CEO William M. Drohan
William M. Drohan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Growing company with a very bright future."

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been an executive at DMG for more than seven years. We have experienced remarkable growth in a very competitive business. I am never micromanaged -- if our team is productive, we are left alone to do our jobs. I set my own schedule and the benefits are outstanding. There's a positive culture and everyone is more than willing to offer information and advice.

Cons

Three years ago, I would have said the social culture at DMG was poor. That's certainly not the case any longer. From top to bottom, employees are shown consideration and respect. There's a much friendlier atmosphere and company social functions abound. I have seen a number of young employees rise through the ranks. There is now a much more stable work force at DMG.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the administrative staff and continue to build on the new social structure, which is fostering a much more friendly work atmosphere at DMG.

May 18, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at some new training solutions to develop our talent even more!

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I first joined the DMG team, there were several issues which caused me to second guess my choice of employers, but within the year Management hired an HR manager who has taken the reigns of employee morale, benefits, and working environment, and made a tremendous difference. The new office space and monthly employee-focused events hav provided opportunities for all employees to engage with each other, and to feel a part of a great organization. Management is always willing to listen and consider suggestions, including those completely outside the box, and to make changes when notified of issues. The collective experience and knowledge of more seasoned employees provides a wealth opportunities for those just starting out, or seeking advice for growing within their roles. I particularly appreciate the opportunity to have DMG's support and assistance to obtain my CAE and CMP.

Cons

The pay is not great, and many employees at all levels work more than 40 hours per week. While the team concept works well for individual projects and clients, it creates an invisible barrier sometimes to employee interaction.

Advice to Management

Worry less about the profit margin, and increase the salaries of your employees to reflect the number of hours they actually work, and hire more staff to help reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed. Happier employees do a better job.

3. "Going down hill fast"

I worked at Drohan Management Group full-time

Pros

None - with the exception of some nice people here and there.

Cons

The senior management is totally absent or incompetent. Rumors abound of pay cuts and layoffs. Salaries are low and there are really no tangible benefits. Many are over worked - this place is a sweat shop!

Advice to Management

Give staff pay increases, give them lap tops and better IT. Comp or overtime is discouraged and should be recognized and paid accordingly.

Aug 7, 2017 – HR Manager

I am sorry that you feel this way. There are so many positive changes in the works, including improvements to benefits and operations. The rumors are completely false. DMG is in an excellent position... More

4. "Broad review"

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong commitment to promoting from within. Environment allows significant freedom of action; encourages initiative and independence. Collaborative teamwork environment.

Cons

Inherent structure of multiple small teams dictates reasonable flat structure which limits upward movement opportunities. Independence of teams allows variation in team leadership/management styles.

Advice to Management

Promote cross-team employee interaction to counteract inherent isolating nature of team structure.

May 18, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks for the advice. We are launching some cross-collaboration efforts this summer! There are a wealth of resources within the organization and all our teams and we definitely want to tap into the... More

5. "Fantastic opportunity to learn and grow"

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time

Pros

The collective experiences of the many seasoned professionals make this a combination of a productive and rewarding work environment, and a university classroom! Sharing experiences and learning from the many great DMG clients and staff make every day an adventure. The owner keeps an open door and is always open to new ideas and suggestions. The office space is comfortable with lots of meeting nooks and corners for meetings of all sizes. Lots of laughter, lots of opportunity to "show your stuff!" Lots of support for professional development!

Cons

As we grow we will continue to have an expanding need for IT support...

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

6. "Culture Shift"

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Drohan Management Group is attempting to make a culture shift. They are implementing programs that have a more positive impact on employees

Cons

Benefits aren't great and no real vacation - but the HR team is making changes to improve these.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your greatest asset - utilize the talent you have, promote from within

7. "Good place to grow"

Current Employee - Administrator
    Current Employee - Administrator

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is supportive and eager to coach staff, open to suggestions for more efficient practices and new perspectives, and very nice to work with.

Cons

There are many wonderful and knowledgeable people working at the company. It can take time to build a rapport with them but it is great when you do.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the development of employees.

8. "Shallow Culture and no growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many - they say we are on the cloud but you can't work from home. Benefit packages are minimal, no time off, even after working overtime at conferences.

Cons

There are too many to type. The management and owner are completely out of touch. It would take a big 180 to make this a tolerable place to work long term. They boast low turn around but that is only at the Executive Level and those are the old school people who 'die in place' the high turn over is in the rank and file positions. No one is appreciated, everyone is afraid to speak above a whisper, incompetence and disorganization are rampant

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the talent you have, start appreciating them, allow them time off or overtime pay when we work overtime, add time to vacation or personal time off, understand that work life balance is an actual thing.

Apr 3, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are working to increase employee engagement and develop our internal talent and make improvements across the board. If you have specific suggestions please let HR know.

9. "Growing in the Right Direction"

I have been working at Drohan Management Group part-time

Pros

DMG has some great, friendly professional people on staff and a pleasant work environment. The new offices are nice and in a good location. The company is continuing to acquire new business and so there is job security. There is a degree of flexibility in terms of scheduling. The work is interesting and varied. There are many long-term staff members and good managers.

Cons

No job or company is perfect, but I can't identify any cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow in the right direction!

"Miserable Environment"

Pros

A few friendly and talented staff
    Good location, free parking

Cons

Office morale is terrible. Administrative support staff is terribly overworked and underpaid, with few opportunities to grow professionally or do anything intellectually stimulating. The micromanaging was suffocating.
    Staff turnover rate is high.
    There seems to be no trust and everyone is defensive and/or ready to blame someone/something else for being too overstaffed to properly serve clients.