Drohan Management Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Looking at Long Term"

Former Employee - Account Administrator in Reston, VA

Pros

The company seems to always promote from within, and there is a lot of room to grow!

Cons

No cons quite yet!

2. "Shallow Culture and no growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many - they say we are on the cloud but you can't work from home. Benefit packages are minimal, no time off, even after working overtime at conferences.

Cons

There are too many to type. The management and owner are completely out of touch. It would take a big 180 to make this a tolerable place to work long term. They boast low turn around but that is only at the Executive Level and those are the old school people who 'die in place' the high turn over is in the rank and file positions. No one is appreciated, everyone is afraid to speak above a whisper, incompetence and disorganization are rampant

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the talent you have, start appreciating them, allow them time off or overtime pay when we work overtime, add time to vacation or personal time off, understand that work life balance is an actual thing.

Drohan Management Group Response

Apr 3, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are working to increase employee engagement and develop our internal talent and make improvements across the board. If you have specific suggestions please let HR know.

"Perfect Location"

Current Employee - Account Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Account Administrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DMG is an extremely pleasant place to work- very nice office facilities with all brand new computers & software. There's a great professional development program- employees get to attend all ASAE events/conferences, etc. The company pays for all training and exam fees to become CAE or CMP certified too which is awesome. Coming from my previous job, DMG has a very generous benefits package including a brand new health club added to the office. I've also noticed there is long term tenure of employees - much of the management team have over 8 years with DMG.

Cons

When I first started at DMG, it was tough for me to really get deeply involved with clients, etc. It was a lot of filing/data entry stuff for the first few months which was boring but I got through it.

Advice to Management

Organize some more fun stuff for the younger/social people! Happy hours, etc.

5. "Room to grow fast"

Former Employee - Account Administrator in Reston, VA

Pros

I started at DMG as a base-level employee doing data entry/various administrative tasks for the company and quickly moved up to account executive! DMG has an excellent office environment- everyone is very intelligent. The people there made my job a great experience. The work is challenging, but can be very social and fun at times especially when I got to travel. This job exposed me to many interesting opportunities when attending conferences & trade shows. The office itself had very little micromanaging which I loved.

Cons

There was a lot of busy work at first for what I thought was too little of pay.

"dissapointing experience and negative environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient and accessible location.
    Developed positive relationships with a few hard-working and intelligent colleagues.

Cons

Staff morale is terrible. Constant turnover is the norm. Staff is over-worked, apathetic, and defensive.

Advice to Management

Develop manners to better capitalize on staffs' skill sets.
    Develop opportunities for advancement to help deter constant turnover.
    Treat staff with respect.
    Hire talented and respectable HR, IT, and office management professional(s).
    Develop more positive and open environment to encourage comraderie.
    Employ more ethical practices when developing new business; dedicate more resources to maintaining current business rather than developing new business.
    Better encourage professional development.

"Micromanaging"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quite work environment. Friendly co-workers. Great team work.

Cons

No over pay. Noticed most are doing tasks that are not in their job description. Since the IT cloud has changed, there are numerous issues with the network, and connection. IT department is not as strong and quick to solve issues as much companies. Technology is continuously evolving, so having an issue with the network is harming the growth of the company. Which is damaging towards time management with the workflow for the client's, if the network is always slow or down. This issue

Unfortunately there is not an opportunity to grow within the company. The base salary is lower than usual competitors.

Advice to Management

Improve communication skills.

8. "Fantastic opportunity to learn and grow"

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time

Pros

The collective experiences of the many seasoned professionals make this a combination of a productive and rewarding work environment, and a university classroom! Sharing experiences and learning from the many great DMG clients and staff make every day an adventure. The owner keeps an open door and is always open to new ideas and suggestions. The office space is comfortable with lots of meeting nooks and corners for meetings of all sizes. Lots of laughter, lots of opportunity to "show your stuff!" Lots of support for professional development!

Cons

As we grow we will continue to have an expanding need for IT support...

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

9. "Culture Shift"

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Drohan Management Group is attempting to make a culture shift. They are implementing programs that have a more positive impact on employees

Cons

Benefits aren't great and no real vacation - but the HR team is making changes to improve these.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your greatest asset - utilize the talent you have, promote from within

10. "Good place to grow"

Current Employee - Administrator
    Current Employee - Administrator

I have been working at Drohan Management Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is supportive and eager to coach staff, open to suggestions for more efficient practices and new perspectives, and very nice to work with.

Cons

There are many wonderful and knowledgeable people working at the company. It can take time to build a rapport with them but it is great when you do.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the development of employees.

11. "Growing in the Right Direction"

I have been working at Drohan Management Group part-time

Pros

DMG has some great, friendly professional people on staff and a pleasant work environment. The new offices are nice and in a good location. The company is continuing to acquire new business and so there is job security. There is a degree of flexibility in terms of scheduling. The work is interesting and varied. There are many long-term staff members and good managers.

Cons

No job or company is perfect, but I can't identify any cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow in the right direction!