Dropbox Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Dropbox CEO Drew Houston
Drew Houston
  1. "Culture!"

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Culture, The people, The over all environment

Cons

Smaller office, you will gain weight with the amazing food.

Dropbox2019-06-13

"Core Account Executive"

Current Employee - Core Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The perks are amazing. Free breakfast, lunch and dinner! Fitness center onsite and amazing views from the rooftop.

Cons

The outbound sales org is in shambles! Senior and Middle Level Sales Managers are completely out of touch with reality and have sucked the Dropbox DNA out of the org. Note that I didn't use the word "Leaders" or "Leadership". Don't be fooled into thinking that they care about your success. Top performers are running away to other companies.

Advice to Management

Advice to Dropbox Executive Leadership. You are losing really great employees because of a handful of managers. "Employees don’t leave Companies, they leave Managers"

Dropbox2018-03-03

Dropbox Response

March 14, 2018Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for your review and your work at Dropbox. We want you to know we take these claims seriously and would like to discuss further with you offline. Please reach out to us at talent-feedback@dropbox.com and we will route you to the right person.

"Education Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Coworkers, office space and perks

Cons

GTM is a complete miss!, haven't had the same offer for more that a qtr, at a time. Customer Service is a oxymoron. Quotas are too high for the size of deals & discounts needed to win.

Advice to Management

Scrub direct sales. Support CX, CS and Engineering, and just admit you are a personal & SMB solution at best.

Dropbox2017-10-15

"Great culture, greater people"

Current Employee - Core Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product, amazing perks and culture of people who are extremely intelligent and always happy to help one another succeed.

Cons

Constant moving pieces, tough industry

Dropbox2017-08-01

Dropbox Response

August 4, 2017Recruiting

Thanks for the review! Great to hear that you are enjoying your time here! Culture and people are our priority at Dropbox. With these priorities, we aim to be successful within our the changing industry.

5. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture and food and of course the people. Everyone from leadership down to IC's are sharp and have unique backgrounds

Cons

Retention especially as the org continues to change and define itself. Need to do better job of managing org-wide changes

Advice to Management

Preserve the culture at all costs

Dropbox2017-06-03

"Really valued employee"

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am still fairly new to the company but I can already tell you that I feel so valued as a new employee. All of the details going into your interviews and the feedback given are fantastic. The benefits also speak to this.

Cons

The only thing i can see so far is there is no downtown parking, however given an allowance a month helps with this. Plus in my opinion the amount of Pro's outweigh this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work. As a new hire I have never felt more welcomed and appreciated at any other company that I have ever worked for. I am so happy to be apart of this culture and hope to show this type of care and attention to all of our future new hires as well.

Dropbox2016-12-19

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

1.) Leaders are transparent, collaborative, have high integrity, and are passionate about our customers and the tool we provide to make their lives easier 2.) A culture that is inclusive - a huge push to make sure we're building out an incredible culture where everyone feels like they are equal and can contribute

Cons

1.) Not a sales company - which can be a good thing, but it takes a long time to get product pushed out to market because of how many quality checks and hands are in the kitchen. Could also be a pro, but sometimes I want things released in the market sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, I love it here.

Dropbox2016-05-27
  8. "Startup culture with TONS of upside"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome time to work for the company with so many changes coming down the pipe on the business side. There is a real chance to impact product development and the sales process as everything is still being built.

Cons

Dealing with ambiguity. If you are not okay with a startup culture then this probably isnt the place. Not a lot of concrete direction given from management but that is a plus in my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep building the product to fit the enterprise space and amp up the sales productivity team

Dropbox2016-03-09
  9. "The best place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with smart people in a fast-paced environment

Cons

With lots of growth comes lots of change

Advice to Management

n/a

Dropbox2015-07-16
  10. "The sky is the limit and you'll have a lot of fun along the way!"

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with the absolute best people - period. They're down to Earth, incredibly smart, fun loving, and go the extra mile to produce quality work for our customers. We have a lot of opportunity in front of us and we're still in the building phase of the company so there is a lot to do and learn professionally and personally. From a sales perspective the team is still really small so we're a close group and constantly...

Cons

Growing a little too quickly so things are constantly changing and communication takes some effort, but that's understandable and the growth is also what makes it so fun and exciting so I wouldn't have it any other way right now.

Advice to Management

Work life balance is challenging because we're all really enjoying what we're doing and the challenges we're overcoming so it's hard to turn it off, but can stand to improve at all levels of the company.

Dropbox2015-03-04