Dropbox Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 26 reviews

4.0
Dropbox CEO Drew Houston
Drew Houston

"Exceptional Company, Exceptional People"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company that truly values its people. It's so rare to work in such a caring and kind environment. The group of folks that Dropbox recruits are innately collaborative and open-minded. I know that this culture has been maintained by the people in senior management and they have been cautious about adding the right talent. I'm so glad to have been part of the team and look back fondly on my time spent there.

Cons

Some career paths are not as developed as they should be. It would be great for more junior folks to have an idea of what their futures could look like.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great visibility to employees in all offices. It was great getting color on how executive decisions are made.

Dropbox2018-03-28

"Good company, needs to mature though"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dropbox for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, an amazing culture of respect and fun. Salary is good.

Cons

Grow opportunity is limited. I think the company focuses more on its own growth compared to the growth of its people. Too much politics in the management level.

Advice to Management

Set clear goals for the company and stick to it. Stop changing direction and mission every 3 moths.

Dropbox2017-07-28

"Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and great people.

Cons

No way to make your number. Getting destroyed by the competition on a regular basis.

Dropbox2017-06-28
  4. "Sales Compensation"

Current Employee - Sales Compensation in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great food, great people, great office

Cons

expensive parking, and nothing else

Dropbox2016-08-30

"Fantastic Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You get to work with some amazing people. Everyone is affable, intelligent, and focused on their jobs. - Solid products that users love. From a sales perspective, it makes your job a lot easier. - Exceptional benefits and perks. Having worked for Google and Microsoft previously, I can confidently say that we're on par if not better than what's offered anywhere else. - Food. Lots of it.

Cons

- I have nothing negative to say about the company so far. Great culture and opportunity outweigh any minor gripes that could potentially come up.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job taking care of your sales people, and giving them a chance to succeed. Keep up the good work.

Dropbox2016-05-31

"Know what you're getting into..."

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

- My peers at Dropbox are definitely what make the days bearable, especially the "old guard" who were some of the first people to start the Austin office, extremely genuine and caring people. Unfortunately, there aren't many of them left in the office... - The perks are great. It's nice to not have to worry about food, and the health benefits are better than in most companies I've seen. - The office location is in...

Cons

- For enterprise sales, you are promised high multipliers coming into the company, while less than 10% of the AEs on the enterprise team made their quota in 2015, so very few people ever reach these supposed numbers and most end up making less than they did before they came to Dropbox. The MM reps have the same quota whether their territory is NYC or Kansas (they consider a knowledge worker in one state equivalent to...

Dropbox2016-02-14
    • "Just Do It"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best culture. Great benefits. Great People. Great sales team. Just the right amount of sales reps in each territory. We don't try to differentiate ourselves by saying we're a "platform" company like our competitors.

Cons

The field team doesn't get to travel as much as we would like to. Focused on our territories.

Dropbox2016-01-27

"Work alongside happy, motivated self-starters."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dropbox

Pros

- Freedom & autonomy in your role starting day 1 - Personality of brand, office culture, leadership and employees is unbeatable - humble, passionate, driven people - Perks are evidence of management's unwavering focus on the happiness of employees

Cons

- Fast-paced company trajectory inevitably causes some cross-functional disconnect - Ambiguity of internal career growth

Dropbox2015-03-17

"Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

-the security of a stable, name brand company -the excitement directly impacting the companie's trajectory -positive, caring culture

Cons

-lack of day-to-day structure -sometimes minimal training -"figure it out" mentality (all of these are not necessarily cons)

Advice to Management

Our management is the reason this company is so wonderful. It starts with Drew and Arash. I'm grateful to of had positive, supporting mentors here.

Dropbox2014-12-12
    • "+++++++++"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Aligned with mission: personally, I think it's nice to work in a company that is working to be successful without being an advertising company. For most, the constant obsession with improving the product and our internal procedures is probably the biggest draw. If you have a good idea, MGMT is very receptive to criticism of the status quo, and moves quickly to improve. Sense of ownership over work. -People: Biggest...

Cons

The rate of change here is very fast -- which is great in many ways (rarely boring, easy to address flaws, etc) and is something I was attracted to at first. However, it is a bit hard to imagine what my career will look like a year out. Again, the unknowing is part of the charm, but can be a bit frustrating when you are trying to plan for the future. It's impossible to know what opportunities will arise (or disappear)

Advice to Management

Make sure culture scales with growth...clearer outlines of possible job openings / paths / promotions... not much else. Great job!

Dropbox2014-12-10