Droplet Measurement Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Droplet Measurement Technologies Reviews

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Lovett

1. "Happy Employee has Comments"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

Abundant Opportunities for Personal Growth
    Great Relationships with Fellow Employees
    Great Benefits
    Management Listens
    Employee Stock Ownership
    Annual Bonuses
    Flex Hours (Employee Choice)
    New Products always being designed.

Cons

Growing Business – Hard to keep up.
    Trying to build infrastructure while growing.
    A few disgruntled coworkers bringing down the team.

Advice to Management

I find DMT to be a highly energized place to work where no bounds are placed on me.

I may not receive an annual review, but I do receive a review whenever my manager or I need to discuss a matter. Honestly, I prefer this method. I get to know what my manager thinks NOW not 9-months from now.

I like being part of the teamwork of DMT.

I have no fear of losing my job because I perform.

2. "New CEO... Maybe things will get better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

Some of the people were really great to be around. It looks like a great place to work until you've been there a few months. Decent benefits.

Cons

It's amazing to read the reviews from several years ago. If management had ever decided to listen or adjust the way they were doing things, the cons posted years ago might have been addressed. From my point of view, symptoms of larger problems might be handled but otherwise those in power are too concerned with preserving that power to address the root cause of any problem. Those that have rocked the boat too much, even for the good of the company, quickly get kicked out. This creates an atmosphere where no one is going to be motivated to make big improvements for fear of loosing their job.

Advice to Management

Big changes need to happen to prove that the new CEO is going to make things better. The employees are smart people with great ideas if someone would listen.

"Great industry, poor leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

- interesting business market
    - other employees are great
    - strong friendships between workers
    - people try really hard

Cons

- poor communication from management
    - constantly changing priorities
    - no feedback from management to workers
    - no clear who i report to

Advice to Management

- stop placing selling the company above treating your employees well
    - stop asking workers to put in longer hours while personally taking long weekends

5. "worker"

Pros

good company, great people, good ownership

Cons

disarray of mid management, too much turnover

6. "Backstabbers"

I have been working at Droplet Measurement Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free Soda, a few nice people.

Cons

Management has NO Loyalty to anyone except a chosen few. Employees are always "Threatened" with "Be happy to have a Job". A lot of "Backstabbing" from Management with no opportunity to defend ones self. Not many happy employees. Many people have left company due to "Dictators" in certain departments.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at your managers and take some time to "LISTEN" to what really goes on from day to day. You have lost many "Great" employees in recent months due to "Poor" management decisions and lies!

7. "Interesting work with lots of variety, a great place to learn about science, technology and business"

Pros

Management encourages employees to grow and assume new responsibilities
    My opinion is valued
    Lots of varied and interesting work
    Smart and nice coworkers
    Company values its customers and treats them well
    Company is creative in looking for new products and market opportunities, so there is always a chance to learn something new
    Diverse workplace—not racially, but just in terms of lots of different types of people working here. (The company employs businesspeople, manufacturing experts, top-notch scientists, engineers, etc.)
    Flexible hours
    Benefits and perks: innovative employee stock program, annual bonuses, free coffee and soda, free bus passes
    Ability to work from home occasionally (for my position)

Cons

The organizational structure and HR process (reviews, raises, professional development, etc.) are somewhat ad hoc, at least in my division. The company’s commitment to responding quickly to customer needs and new market opportunities can also make it hard to complete previously assigned tasks. If you are someone who likes lots of structure, DMT may not be right for you. However, if you don’t mind some uncertainty in return for an interesting work environment and many professional opportunities, you will enjoy it.

Advice to Management

While DMT could improve in some areas, overall it’s a very good place to work. Recently a friend came to visit me, and he asked me how my work was going. I said I really liked it. He said, “Wow, you don’t hear people say that much. At most they say they may like it in a few years.” My friend is a physicist in a prestigious research organization, a place many people want to work. I’m probably happier in my job than many of his coworkers.

"As to the post above.....things have got worse!!!!"

Pros

Flexible hours
    great relationships with other workers
    good benefits
    workers find their own solutions
    at least I am employed

Cons

management is disrespectful and demeaning to workers
    fear based management style
    If you don't like it, leave mentality
    lacking a professional review process, or any for that matter
    No HR department, "good old boy network"

Advice to Management

DIGEST the comments left here. Employees WILL NOT come to you, no trust, fear of loosing job, nepotism. The management system is broke, the 1950's style of managing is not working. Growth happens with good leadership, help your company grow with a good foundation of managers and not dictators! Free coffee and soda is not what I mean.