KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Drury Hotels

Is this your company?

Drury Hotels

Add a Review

Drury Hotels Employee Reviews about "guests"

Updated Oct 11, 2021

Found 18 of over 387 reviews

4.2
Drury Hotels President & CEO Chuck Drury Jr. (no image)
Chuck Drury Jr.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Drury Hotels and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "guests"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly a great place to work!

Aug 6, 2021 - Night Auditor in Springfield, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff here are so friendly! When working on a schedule that fits your needs they are awesome. The pay is truly competitive! Important things needed at a place of work.

Cons

Honestly, I can’t think of one con about working for Drury. This business truly strives to keep their employees happy along with their guests!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing company with amazing people

Oct 11, 2021 - Guest Service Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Works well if you’re attending school as well. managers make you feel like family. Great development of customer service skills.

Cons

Working with guests can sometimes be challenging

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Mar 12, 2021 - Assistant General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlike most other hotels, the hotels are actually managed directly by Drury corporate and not a management company. This leads to easy communication and clear goals towards the future and what is currently going on within the company.

Cons

To remain competitive with other big name companies, Drury hotel provides multiple amenities to all of their guests. This has attracted more than usual difficult guests.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun and Positive Place to Work

Oct 29, 2020 - Kickback Attendant in Westminster, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Incredible management * Positive staff dynamic * Quick-paced environment

Cons

*Occasional impolite or rude guests

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Over time, it's gotten worse

Nov 1, 2020 - Front Office in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the company as a whole. Upper management's always been great to employees. I've heard great things from many people at a variety of locations.

Cons

My low review is based solely on the management team at my location. COVID has hurt the company, I get it. I'm very grateful to still have a job. But your hourly team members are being severely taken advantage of, working long shifts alone with hundreds and hundreds of guests. Our salaried managers won't be bothered to help out in other areas, always leave early. only working 4 - 5 hours a day. We've stuck around, running entire departments as hourly employees, and we deserve to be treated better by our 'leaders'. I hope this is only a problem at my location, I know it's all on leadership. But ours has gone way downhill since March

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent

Dec 12, 2017 - Guest Service Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I actually worked at a Four Points by Sheraton owned and operated by Drury Hotels. The hotel simply carried the flag for the Starwood Hotels brand but its policies and oversight were Drury Hotel's own.

Cons

Considering the particular property I worked for, Starwood's brands were implemented despite Drury ownership. One particular component of Starwood Hotels is their guest loyalty membership known as Starwood Preferred Guest. In addition to the usual front desk duties each individual employee is expected to meet a monthly quota for SPG guest enrollment. Membership is highly touted amongst guest members meaning a greater percentage of guests visiting the hotel are existing members. This led to employee's difficulty in acheiving the required number of enrollments from non-existing guests especially for employees working later shifts since many potential SPG members sign up with teammembers on the first shift. Aside that I have a personal grievance with Drury Hotels regarding my termination. As an employee I held the health insurance provided by the company paying a portion of each paycheck to maintain coverage. Upon my termination at the end of September my health insurance was also terminated. The IRS allows individuals with this form of insurance 3 months at most of non-coverage to avoid paying a penalty. Since i was terminated before the beginning of October I missed the allowed cutoff by a couple days which means I had to pay a significant amount of money due to the strategic timing of my termination. I believe this was intentional since the circumstances that led to my termination were acknowledged long before the actual termination.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good company, Poor management

Dec 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very customer friendly Great Amenities (for guests)

Cons

This job was very hard for me to leave. When I first started it was great because we had managers that cared and did an awesome job and actually brought structure. Once the GM decided to leave everyone started dropping like flies because everything was so different in a negative aspect instead of positive. This company poor rules of hiring outside management and not promoting within is ridiculous. They hire "managers" that don't know the hotel and what they are doing so they have the staff that has been there for years teach them and basically do their job. This company should really consider promoting within no matter if you have a degree or not. I understand having a degree is needed in most jobs but I could have a degree in anything not even hospitality and get promoted? Makes no sense to me. Then regional wonders why there is such a turn over? Maybe because you hire in managers that don't care and stare at cameras all day, talk on their personal cell phone all day, and leave to go make a "deposit" for a long time. Now I am not saying that the whole company is like that. But Troy Michigan location is. There was no structure staff was able to do whatever they wanted, treat guests poorly with no sense of urgency and then they wonder why their scores are so low? Then regional and everyone proceeds to blame housekeeping management for everything when they're the last management left that has been there for years that actually cares for the hotel. Stay away there s plenty of hotels around the area that have better management. Or work for housekeeping. Its sad to see what once was a great hotel go down so badly.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good overall

Dec 29, 2016 - GSA/GSS in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great job, benefits, easy to advance internally, great employee rate. Guest interactions is normally a good experience, networking with guests and making friends is a plus.

Cons

As with any front desk job, some guests will have issues you have to deal with. There is also micromanaging, depending on the AGM. Some AGMs are laid back, others are meticulous beyond belief. There is always gossip behind the scenes.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Drury Hotels Front Desk Agent

Oct 5, 2016 - Guest Service Agent in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! This is the company that created my love for hospitality. It is well organized, fair, great pay, Co workers and managers are kind and patient, guests are awesome! The employee hotel stay benefits are a plus!

Cons

Is short on workers a lot. They have an unusual requirement for hours of employees versus how many guests are at the hotel. We were very often short handed, but still a good place to work.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good location. New location so business isn't really booming yet

Sep 2, 2016 - House Person in Carmel, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus every 3 months if you reach a certain quota if you are a full time worker. Also get free food every know and then depending on who's the caterer

Cons

Guests can get very disrespectful at times. And management tends to side with guests even thought it was not the workers fault.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews