DuPage Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
DuPage Medical Group CEO Michael Kasper
Michael Kasper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The doctors are great to work with and helpful too (in 10 reviews)

• Great Co-workers, location was close (in 6 reviews)

1. "good work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hinsdale, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hinsdale, IL

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group (More than a year)

Pros

its easy work to handle

Cons

good company and help you lot

Advice to Management

good benefits

2. "Medical Assistant"

I worked at DuPage Medical Group full-time

Pros

Good Company to work for

Cons

HORRIBLE Management, New Schedule's every week instead of monthly.

"HEADS UP!! -medical assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Lisle, IL

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like my job I don't love it but I like it .
    If you are just looking for a job here is everything you should know. Yes, it offers okay benefits but understand you are also signing up for stress and frustration.
    Benefits- 401-k, BCBS health care, vision, Delta dental, life insurance, PTO, sick time, std, ltd etc. *medical is still very expensive!*
    -Some positions are work from home now.
    -most doctors are great some are not
    -friendly co-workers
    -a lot of locations

Cons

Alright everyone pour your self a glass of wine!
    Pay: Medical assistants- $14.00 -14.50 an hour start pay with a raise annually of .10-.17 cents. Yeah that's right.
    Certified medical assistants -$15 an hour. Many employees are actually capped already will never make a penny more. Which to me is petty and kills motivation completely. Especially when the "raises" are comical. DMG is aware of employees be dissatisfied about pay and according to our meeting they said they aren't changing it. *compare to Edwards $18+ an hour.
    Staffing: HIGHEST turn over rate ever. I'm guessing. I've been at DMG for two and there has been 19..yes nineteen medical assistants leave our department. So needless to say we are always under staffed.
    Travel: be prepared to travel all over dupage county and beyond! They "try" and keep you close to home but be prepared. If someone calls off and your MD isn't in office you are now considered "float" and they will ship all over. But don't worry they will text you at 6 am that morning.
    Schedule: This is not your 9-5. Expect hours of 7AM-5PM 8:15-7:30PM. 12 hour shifts, early starts, and evening hours. You get your schedule week by week. Eventually you settle into some routine but that's not for everyone. Especially new hires.
    Bonus: There are none and according to DMG never will.
    Communication: there is none! Not with employees, none with upper management. None. It's like the Wild West.
    Politics: Oh you better bet management has their favorites. Favorite doctors favorite employees. You have to play it smart. Keep to yourself and work hard.
    Attendance: one word OCCURRENCES. If you work at Dmg you are probably laughing because you know all about it. As of Jan 1st 2017 DMG HR department created "Occurrences". It went from virtually no attendance policy to completely insane. 7-8 occurrences per rolling year and you are fired. If you are one minute late to start time =occurrence. If you have to leave early for any reason = occurrence. Call off =occurrence. Take one a sick day, bring a doctors, use sick time..=occurrence. That's right DMG gives you sick time but you are 100% penalized for using it. It's only June and most staff have 4-5 occurrences.
    Overworked: staff is const

*If it wasn't for my doctor I would have left a long time ago. I use to work at Advocate excellent company. DMG is a crap show compared. There are great people who work at DMG. It is truly sad to see so many leaving. People are beyond fed up and rightly so. Eventually I will leave. This isn't a place you see yourself at for long. I'm sure some departments are better or different. But this is my personal experience.

Advice to Management

Last year Mike Kasper the CEO used Price and water? To send it surveys to all employees. Basically a third party to give back real feedback to management. FINALLY some of us thought! Real change... then
    held mandatory meetings for all employees. He talked about himself and nonsense and guess what NO Changes. DMG has SO much potential and zero hope.
    *Also on behalf of almost everyone at DMG Mike Kasper PLEASE stop posting a picture of your close up face on the main web page every MONTH. Doctors and staff have all agreed on this. Maybe post literally anything else. Staff? Achievements? I know it most be difficult to think of anyone else besides yourself. But in all seriousness please stop.

4. "credentialing coordinator"

Pros

no training. company did not even know how to do the job.

Cons

bad management people and untrained management people who had no idea of jobs

Advice to Management

you should train new employees to the job. And, management should be more professional in the work place. they give poor evaluation and lie about employees.

5. "Utilization Coordinator"

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time

Pros

The people I work with are great. I love the team.

Cons

Manager micromanages, takes credit for our work, is not helpful most of the times.

"its ok"

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time

Pros

Steady stream of patients. Don't have to work hard at all to get referrals. Lots of PCP's to send cases since there aren't alot of specialists.

Cons

I'll have a beer with you and tell you the full story....

7. "Good place to work."

I worked at DuPage Medical Group full-time

Pros

Dynamic leadership with a vision for growth.

Cons

Fast growing, still lacked the process for sustained and successful growth.

"Huge disconnect between upper management and everyone else"

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers keep most of us at DMG . Some physicians are really great, some supervisors and managers easy to work with.

Cons

Executives concern is on how the company looks on paper fiscally. Quotas on hiring even though every Dept is short staffed. They say patient care and satisfaction is priority but they don't give us enough staff and leeway to make that true. Upper management has no clue what it is like to actually work in an office. Pay is dismal and don't even ask about raises-while physicians and upper management get incredible bonuses staff gets pennies more each year. Mike Kasper says the negative reviews on this site are a few disgruntled ex employees-who's he kidding? Moral at the company started going downhill when he came on board and it continues to get worse every year.

Advice to Management

Give the staff the tools and coworkers they need to properly and safely care for patients.
    Pay staff a decent wage. Share a little bit of the wealth bc as Mike Kasper says "it starts with the employees at the front desk and in the offices and behind the scenes in payroll and shared services."

9. "LPN"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Kind, caring leaders work hard to keep a good balance. I am very grateful to Mike Kasper and Dr. Merrick for their very hard work and dedication to DuPage Medical Group.

Cons

I feel very safe, secure and satisfied working for DuPage Medical Group. There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Need to update the phone system.

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at DuPage Medical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard working staff, without the necessary tools to do the job. Dedicated staff.

Cons

No work life balance. Don't expect time to have a personal life.

Advice to Management

You will be losing a lot of highly qualified staff that could help you turn this place around. It's time to listen instead of worrying about saving FTEs.