DuPage Medical Group "patient care" Reviews | Glassdoor

DuPage Medical Group Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Found 246 reviews

2.6
DuPage Medical Group CEO Michael Kasper
Michael Kasper
Pros
  • "DMG is in growth mode yet cognizant of impact on current staff(in 13 reviews)

• "most doctors are great some are not(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "I won’t be referring any one to DMG because of this(in 21 reviews)

• "Upper management is difficult to work with(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Feedback"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The patient is always first and patient care is the priority. DMG proactive in responding to the changes in Health Care. Patient medical records are easily accessible. Physicians and Staff has a voice in the organization and can influence change

Cons

Adapting to the continue changes in Health Care.

DuPage Medical Group2018-11-12

"All about the money"

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Co workers are the only good thing.

Cons

No reward for hard work. All about cutting costs. Want employees to work more with less resources compromising patient care. As long as it saves a dollar they don’t care.

Advice to Management

Why? They don’t care about us and openly say so.

DuPage Medical Group2018-11-21

"Corporate medicine at it's worst"

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Some really good physicians Many employees who care about the patients and are trying to make a difference

Cons

Senior management is untrustworthy and only care about the almighty dollar Understaffed in all departments to the point of poor patient care You must conform to their way of thinking or risk retaliation Management micomanages everything

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be the biggest and concentrate on being the best. Your employees are the backbone of the organization, treat them with respect they deserve and listen to them. Have the infrastructure in place before buying every practice you can get your hands on

DuPage Medical Group2018-11-16

"Huge disconnect between upper management and everyone else"

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Coworkers keep most of us at DMG . Some physicians are really great, some supervisors and managers easy to work with.

Cons

Executives concern is on how the company looks on paper fiscally. Quotas on hiring even though every Dept is short staffed. They say patient care and satisfaction is priority but they don't give us enough staff and leeway to make that true. Upper management has no clue what it is like to actually work in an office. Pay is dismal and don't even ask about raises-while physicians...

Advice to Management

Give the staff the tools and coworkers they need to properly and safely care for patients. Pay staff a decent wage. Share a little bit of the wealth bc as Mike Kasper says "it starts with the employees at the front desk and in the offices and behind the scenes in payroll and shared services."

DuPage Medical Group2017-07-08

"Medical reception"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Excellent staff and physicians with great compassion for patient care

Cons

Constant management shifts and managers with no experience in the clinics

Advice to Management

Get into the clinics, listen to your staff and patients. Try to get a CEO that cares for the patients and not their pockets

DuPage Medical Group2017-04-19

"A current employee"

Current Employee - A Current Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

DMG-Boncura is a great place to pursuit a career in Medicine. It is a fast paced organization that strives to be on the cutting edge of medicine. The CAO is a brilliant and interesting man who pushes his teams to perform at a level that defies failure. Boncura is ever changing and ever growing in a way that forces creativity and the development of critical skills. The employees and leaders are hard working, intelligent...

Cons

The healthcare benefits are poor for a physician owned and operated organization of this size.

Advice to Management

Value each and every employee by being a consistent presence in the many DMG environments. Strive to improve the retention rates by giving focused attention to each and every department and site.

DuPage Medical Group2017-04-03

"Middle management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Coworkers like family. Lots of serious talent in this organization. An exemplary example is Dawn Neubauer, who is a gifted leader, and an expert in connecting with and motivating teams, and a responsive resource throughout the organization. Corporate is ideally located near restaurants and shopping. That's about all the positives I can say.

Cons

Let me start by saying I would've given this company ZERO stars, but this is not an option on Glassdoor. This organization is a complete sweatshop. In my 20+ years in health care, I have never had a more demoralizing career experience. There is no regard for work life balance, staffing, or integrity. Executive leadership is devoid of any scruples or moral compass. It is especially displeasing that a medical group tasked...

Advice to Management

To senior management: Grab your golden parachutes, LEAVE, and let people take over who actually care about the patients we serve and associates who are the heart of our business. Do DuPage County a favor, and just go away. The doctors and patients will be better off without you.

DuPage Medical Group2017-04-26

"Numbers not nursing"

I have been working at DuPage Medical Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great. Great on boarding process

Cons

Division between staff and management. Staff that punch the clock are held to a different standard of management. No focus on patient care, it's numbers. Corporate medicine. Understaffed, overworked. Motto should be: we don't care for you if you work here. Pay below standard. Not truthful in interviews.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff concerns. Don't deflect. Nurses need an advocate. Get the focus back to patient care

DuPage Medical Group2017-01-22

"Receptionist- started out great, but quickly realized it wasn't a great place to work."

Former Employee - Medical Receptionist

I worked at DuPage Medical Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Co-workers were great! Everyone I worked with truly care about the patient care. The doctors are all fabulous.

Cons

Anyone who is not management is just a number who is replaceable. Your opinion is not valued or wanted. Huge turn around- great people leave because of unreasonable expectations regarding workload. The director of my department did not allow any comments that she thought were "negative" even if positive change could come of it. People were reprimanded if they expressed a "negative" opinion. Morale is very low- sad....

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to your employees who are working very hard- a thank you goes a long way! I now work for Northwestern Medicine and the difference is unbelievable! They truly value their employees! My direct manager appreciates and values our opinions and morale is very high. Co-workers are very positive because they know they matter.

DuPage Medical Group2017-01-08

"Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I worked at DuPage Medical Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

staff is for the most part friendly and helpful

Cons

management views patient care more from a business stand-point than healthcare. pay is not as high as regional competitors. little opportunity for growth and minimal motivation to try

DuPage Medical Group2016-06-01