Cover image for DuPont

DuPont

Engaged Employer

DuPont

Add a Review

DuPont Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Feb 5, 2023

Found 672 of over 3K reviews

4.0
DuPont Chairman and CEO Edward D. Breen
Edward D. Breen

What people are saying about DuPont

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about DuPont? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with DuPont employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits is good and allowances.(in 216 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and able to make long lasting relationships outside of work.(in 196 reviews)
  • "Good work / life balance (this appears to be individual manager/supervisor specific)(in 142 reviews)
  • "Good Pay and well Trained(in 131 reviews)
  • "Great culture and core values(in 127 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DuPont and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Take the good with the bad

Feb 5, 2021 - Food Safety Specialist in Overland Park, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

overall good company culture and nice coworkers

Cons

leave people in leadership too long who are not good leaders or interested in developing your skills to advance

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I Enjoy Working at Dupont

Oct 10, 2022 - Quality Lab Technician in Salisbury, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Large company with large benefits package (ex. match 3% for Retirment and give you an extra 3% so you can have a total of 9%) 2. Company deals 3. Work for a well-respected company 4. My coworkers are nice, easy to talk to, and honest 5. Dupont makes products that people use daily and safety innovations of the future (ex. ArmorWall) 6. The pay is upper-middle across the board. With my entry/ first lab job out of college I make approximately $17/hr compared to the average $15/hr. 7. The company is big on safety which I like :)

Cons

1. The company learning modules aren't always completable due to formatting of the questions. 2. Due to being part of a large company, it is slow to get things changed.

3. Join the DuPont team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Used to be great....now...not so much

Apr 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and the benefits are decent and the 401k is very good. Get to work with top notch people.

Cons

The recent activist investor battle is killing the company. Cost cutting layoffs and instability are causing people to quit left and right. Young people are leaving and the older workers will be retiring in a few years. I'm not sure how the company will handle this loss of talent. Across the board benefits aren't as good as they used to be. Morale is really bad. Hopefully things will turn around and this can be a great company again...but my money is on it being mediocre at best.

8 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Nothing to see here

Feb 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talking about the glory days from projects long long ago.

Cons

Too many business have been cast out of the corporation and too many talented people have been let go.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good place to work

Sep 25, 2017 - Senior Process Engineer in Chattanooga, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people employed there. Safe place to work. Management made a good effort to raise the training level and professionalism of the work force.

Cons

Unfortunately this location was closed in 2016. Most people found other jobs relatively quickly partly because of their job skills and high level of training.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee

Difficult place to have a career right now

Jan 16, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people were top notch, talented, and dedicated. I enjoyed working with them very much- my close-nit work group quickly became some of my best friends and favorite people to be around.

Cons

Despite claiming "Respect for People" as a core value, DuPont corporate management appears to have little regard for it's people. I was proud to be part of a talented research and development team working for a DuPont business making hundreds of millions of dollars in profit, until I witnessed half of my colleagues, roughly a hundred people, laid off just to improve the bottom line just a bit more. Some were people we had just hired out of school, some were out on maternity leave, some were just about start their maternity leave, some were within five years of retirement after 25+ years of service to the company. I do not see any real future for this company. I would not recommend working here.

6 people found this review helpful