Dude Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Dude Solutions CEO Ed Roshitsh
Ed Roshitsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is also a huge plus here (in 21 reviews)

• doing good in the world, great benefits and huge potential (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains has taken a toll on some of the departments (in 10 reviews)

• Raises continue to be delayed and there seems to be no room for growth aside from lateral moves (in 4 reviews)

"Never Been Better"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I hope there isn't a character limit, because after almost 4 years here at the Dude I feel the need to go to battle against some of the voices on this review thread.

Since the first day I stepped into these doors as an employee, I've had the privilege of being a part of a fast-growing organization that has always put it's employees and clients first. The culture has not changed as some say it has. If anything, it has improved. Those of us who have been here a while understand that is is one 500-person family, and pretty much anyone would go to any length to help you if you needed it. Are there rotten apples? Absolutely. But the good FAR outweighs the bad.

As far as nepotism and the claim that you "have to have a certain last name" or "know someone" to advance...FALSE. Those individuals take up .008% of this company and probably around 10% of leadership. It also just so happens that those individuals with that "special" last name happened to start at the bottom and work their way up as top performers. Funny how they now run the most successful teams in our organization. If anything, they are held to higher standards than what's written on paper.

The corporate cell phone being taken away seems to be a big issue for some. We still get a reimbursement every month. There is nothing written saying the Dude has to provide this. They do it because they choose to.

No growth? If you're in sales and saying that, then you are the one at fault. I can't speak for other departments, but when my W2 and the W2's of the people around me has increased by a substantial amount year over year, that tells me the opportunity is endless. We set our own incomes by the practices and disciplines we put in place.

The leadership I directly report to cares more about our team as people than they do as individual contributors. The VP of Sales puts hours of work into preparing monthly speeches to motivate us and teach us lessons that will not only further our career, but also better us as people.

When I read some of these reviews, I don't see any organizational issues, I simply see people who couldn't fit in with the culture. That's okay. It doesn't have to be for everyone. However, take a look in the mirror and see who's looking back at you before you put words on paper.

Cons

The only two cons I can think of are:

Like others have said, is communication between departments is lacking. With some processes that are being put in place, I have a feeling that will be fixed sooner rather than later.

The other "con" is that sometimes our management is inaccessible due to how busy they are. A 1-on-1 or a QBR may get moved once, twice, even three times because they have pop-up meetings. If we have an urgent question, we may not be able to get an answer for a couple of hours.

Advice to Management

I'm no corporate executive, so I don't know the importance of the meetings that are held behind close doors. The only thing I will say is that QCS development should be a lot higher on the totem pole. When my 30-minute, once a week one-on-one gets moved, I often forget the important things I wanted to cover, or we may not have time.

Other than that, keep on keepin' on. Welcome to the team, Ed. I know this is anonymous, but hope to pick your brain one day.

Jan 12, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for this feedback.

There is a lot of perspective shared here and constructive thinking.

Pick away, 4 th floor, coffee, come on up!

"Solid Products & Services and Way Too Many Salespeople"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

Office in a great location
    Above Average Benefits
    More direction involving career advancement
    A lot of capital investment means that money is not lacking
    Great commission structure and decent base pay
    Solid products from core maintenance systems to technology, events, energy mgmt, etc

Cons

I am not going to reiterate much that has been said because there are too many negative reviews that paint "the Dude" in an unfair light. This is a good company to work for which has experienced some growing pains and seen some major turnover on the support side. I do hope that the behind the scenes departments like development and support grow far more this year. This all seems to be getting better and perhaps the new CEO will help further improve things.

Advice to Management

The Dude has too many salespeople. This company could cut 25-50% of their sales force and still make 85-90% of the revenue they're expecting. I will explain-
    very little revenue is attained from the old-fashioned cold call or "first contact" by a sales rep. A very large amount of revenue is generated via leads & upsells. It's an amount so significant that what The Dude doesn't need are more bodies filling chairs making cold calls all day.

Take a serious look at how much business comes directly from the sales rep making the initial call! It's a simple question to ask sales reps if you can't run the right report to find out: look at your closed-won opps and count how many deals closed in 2017 based on your initiative alone and how many came in via 3rd party, referral, public webinar, etc.

If more money and time was invested in lead generation tools, effective product-driven marketing, trade-shows and website enhancements, you could have half the salesforce and make more money.

Put the money here:
    Where the core products are lacking, more development staff need to be hired to help out the short-staffed development teams.
    More implementation staff are needed so clients can immediately begin training. If sales loses a single person on their development/support side, we are in many cases up the creek without a paddle.

Jan 5, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the very thoughtful and constructive review. Lots of interesting perspectives. I am taking in a lot of information and data as I am getting seated into the new CEO role...this was... More

"Conflict of interest"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great software, so much potential.

Cons

Hired talent is smarter than current sales management. Managers are not providing the development needed. Seats on the "bus" are occupied by some of the wrong people.

Advice to Management

To the CEO - when do we put anti-nepotism policies in place? It has already demoralized the sales floor. This doesn't fly in most companies and risk potentially increases when a family member or relative some how reports to another family member that's in a supervisory role. What's HRs take on this? Falsely deserved raises and promotions this year. Who received the most leads last year? Individually ask each of us if we're getting what we need from our managers and how much of our earnings were contributed from the leadership they provided. Worth taking a look at before you have to pay quadruple to get us to recommend someone to come work here. You are doing great, we are happy to have you with us.

-Your People

Jan 12, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback.

We do have a number of blood family, married couples and other family/friend connections at the Dude.

In many ways, it makes us stronger.

In many ways it... More

4. "Account Rep"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

There are still some pro's but they are definitely outweighed by the cons. Benefits, office space, great coworkers, relaxed environment.

Cons

Most of the issues related to sales are ignored. The pattern in these reviews of over hiring and lack of accountability to management are spot on. HR would enjoy some of the communication from management to reps. For example; "make 50 calls while working from home or we'll take away a day of PTO" the continual hiring is laughable at this point. and they wonder why people are demotivated or continue to leave

Advice to Management

There are a LOT of things to put here. probably the most important, people would not need to come to an outlet like this to vent if they weren't afraid of sharing feedback with management at this company. you would be shocked to find out we aren't all idiots like management assumes we are and that we want the company to improve probably more than they do. but there hasnt been signs of change, so the company keeps losing good people to companies where theyre valued and treated like adults

Jan 18, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As a new CEO 78 days in, all feedback is valuable to me.

It is my and our senior leadership team’s vision to continue in word and deed to create an... More

5. "Manufaturing"

Pros

Nice people, good benefits and pay

Cons

can be a little too hectic if you let it get to you

6. "Employee"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

- Flexible work environment (significantly varies depending on department / function)
    - Everyone here is pretty nice and helpful (very few bad apples, if any)
    - Company is growing rapidly

Cons

- Pressure and accountability can be too low at times outside of sales
    - Too much tolerance for low performers (both individual contributors and management)
    - Opportunity for advancement is low (again, depending on department)
    - Management quality is lackluster
    - Little sense of urgency

Advice to Management

Need to develop a sense of urgency. Low performers (not just in sales, which is management's primary focus) need to be actively worked with. There is little to no benefit to being a top performer or harder worker, as opportunities for advancement and increased base pay seem minimal or nonexistent. Senior managers need to delegate more to direct reports, communicate more effectively, and focus on organizational habits. Subject matter experts do not necessarily make good managers.

Jan 4, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the honest feedback. 65 days in, I am listening and learning. Hopefully, we will be able to put some programs together on a bunch of fronts to keep the Dude great. Ed

"Great place to work and growing"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to work, great culture, purpose = doing good in the world, great benefits and huge potential

Cons

High growth environment, so if you want a place to simply work 8-5 without change and motivation - go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve transparency to the entire organization

"No accountability!"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Comparable base salary
    -Just got a new CEO - hopefully heads will start rolling
    -Decent benefits
    -Not a lot of pressure to perform

Cons

-Don’t expect to actually sell anything
    -There is no effort to understand the market or competition
    -There is no accountability, it seems like every department is doing what ever they want and never communicating
    -No one in sales leadership has any business being there
    -Recently closed deals are starting to get charge back because they are unable to get get up and running and we’re lied to
    -Mass frustration from the sales reps in general

Advice to Management

Need to clean house of existing management, there’s no hope for them. Complete restructure and re-evaluate the go to market.

"Best Job Ever!"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

- Dude Solutions has some of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Everyone is friendly, inclusive, and collaborative.
    - Salary and benefits are highly competitive.
    - Company is growing which allows room for professional development and career growth, this is one place where you won't remain stagnant or feel like you need to leave in order to be promoted.
    - Excellent work-life balance.

Overall, I feel extremely valued as an employee. I'm constantly being challenged and continuously learning - which is great because the work never feels monotonous. I feel like upper management truly listens and appreciates new ideas.

Cons

The inability to work from home on a regular basis. I wouldn't want to work from home everyday but once or twice a week would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. It's no secret that the company has had some growing pains in the past but I think the fact that you take what your employees say to heart is what really matters.

"Sales"

I have been working at Dude Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is decent, depends on manager
    Pay is average to good
    Comp plans are lucrative. See cons
    Benefits slowly declining but still pretty good
    Effort = job security if you know how to navigate politics

Cons

Good for new grads or people wanting to get into software sales. I would not recommend this company to an experienced sales person.

this can be a lucrative job if you hit target rev numbers. However those numbers seem to be picked out of a hat. 2 people on my team of 15 will hit quota this year

Daycare environment

Rampant favoritism

Pointless meetings

No accountability to middle management for both performance and unprofessional behavior

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many sales people OR stop promising earnings numbers that are flat out wrong

Take a look at your middle management and the politics they like to play