Dude Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Dude Solutions CEO Ed Roshitsh
Ed Roshitsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great respect of work/life balance" (in 21 reviews)

• "The compensation then follows (great benefits too from day 1)" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "For example; "make 50 calls while working from home or we'll take away a day of PTO" the continual hiring is laughable at this point" (in 10 reviews)

• "This is a good company to work for which has experienced some growing pains and seen some major turnover on the support side" (in 12 reviews)

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

Great work environment, coworkers, and the company treats you like an adult.

Cons

Be ready for changes. Adapt and succeed.

May 3, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you are a Dude!

2. "Solid company, growing pains."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Dude Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company and leadership has the right intent and the resources to really grow and do something special.

Cons

Path forward not always clear, contradicting priorities at times.

Advice to Management

Focus on what you have today (staff, products, reputation) and double down on streamlining software.

Jul 13, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. You are so right on the advice. It is a big focus.

I would like to chat with you if you are open to a safe chat on the contractions in priorities as we have really... More

"Amazing company with a wonderful culture!"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management seems to actually care about professional development
    Great health benefits
    Great PTO plans
    Professional environment
    Great culture
    Transparent CEO

Cons

A few growing pains to be expected of any developing company
    Career paths need to be fine tuned
    Working from home policy still in the works, even though most jobs can be done from home.
    Building is a bit outdated but is being remodeled

Advice to Management

Put time into developing internal talent to make employees feel like they don’t have to leave the company to advance.

Jul 4, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you are enjoying your time here.

We have a lot to do ahead of us on the career pathing, developing/investing in Dudes and more progressive employee benefits...but... More

"Don't...at least for 5 years"

Former Employee - Senior Account Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Account Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Awesome product for facilities management that only keeps getting better'
    - Headed in the right direction under Ed, the CEO. Bright guy who wants to bring them into the 21st century.
    - Once they get their stuff together over the next few years, should be a decent place to work

Cons

- Expect to be treated like a child
    - Was very laid back and focused on revenue....now more focused on arbitrary numbers and metrics.
    - Little room for growth at all compared to other companies in area
    - Nepotism, nepotism, nepotism. Be careful who you say or cross because at least 80% of the people there are related somehow. And it will come back to bite you.
    - Trying to take on too much at once...IT and energy products are horrible.
    - For a company that changes their product and structure a lot, they are very resistant to culture change or listening to other people's opinions. Don't expect your voice to be heard here.

Advice to Management

Overall, I started out loving the place and still love the idea of working there. Unfortunately, it has changed so much that I don't miss the place at all. My advice would be to be open to new ideas and listen to Ed as much as possible. Also, start hiring people who aren't your first cousin or brother-in-law to get more fresh ideas. Create more opportunity to grow, and cut out the micro-management from people that lack management experience.

Jun 29, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for this feedback. All feedback is appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that you had a bit of a bumpy ride here. As much as I appreciate the feedback, I hate reading stuff like this...for... More

"150-700...what do you need in a career?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I started we had 150 employees. Today we are soon to cross the 700 mark. What does this mean? It means growth! It means $$! It means change! It also means mistakes will be made.

I love reading these reviews- if you think a "pro" of working at the Dude is dress code, on site gym, discounted food, casual atmosphere etc. I would ask you to perhaps sign up for a nice adult day-care of senior care facility. This is a place of business, where I come to make $ and then go home to my family. I am sick and tired of people complaining they don't get unlimited free sick days. Get over it, even Elementary School doesn't have unlimited sick days!

The key to this company is simple- it has 1 MAJOR PRO

DO YOUR JOB- and you will earn the respect, leniency and growth potential you are looking for. If you are in sales- and you make 14 calls a day- you manager is going to FORCE you to make calls on a snow day. Guaranteed. Quit whining.

If you are support- and half the day you sit on your hands and don't grow your knowledge or actively reach out to needy customers- your manager is going to ride you and micromanage your day. Guaranteed.

This is a company for grown-ups. Act like one you will get treated like one. Act like a child- you will be treated like one.

Cons

Growing pains seem to be stacking up. They are getting solved but it is getting difficult to keep seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many children. I know we need employees but communication skills and work ethic need to be higher priorities. FYI I am under 35 years old.

Apr 9, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for being here for the 150 to 700 climb. I think that number goes to 1,200 in the next 3 years or so.

Great opportunity + hard work = Getting There!

We have things to work on as a... More

""People First" - Just don't expect that to be true"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly flexible on family needs and care.
    Fluffy inspirational speeches

Cons

no mentorship, solely metrics driven, zero leadership / personal development

Jun 1, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback.

I hated reading your list of cons as we are really trying to instill a more coaching style of leadership in the building. It sounds like we may have a ways to go with... More

"Healthcare Senior Account Rep"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having been here for several years I have seen a lot of change and growth. Where we are today and is most definitely not where we were yesterday. Awesome clients. Great team. Strong leadership with a vision to execute on our growth at the market level and individual contributor level. Management has an open door policy. Focus and diligence absolutely pays off at the Dude Marketing has improved significantly and our product dev team is second to none. Encouragement to be dynamic and creative in your thinking and approach. Rewards success. The culture is on a fast track to where it should be. A lot of potential for healthcare at DSI. We are definitely top in the products and services we provide to our clients.

Cons

Growth brings challenge and turnover. Buckle up and enjoy the ride. Change is not for everyone, if you can adapt you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep on track with the direction we are moving. Keep the lines of communication open. Listen to the individual contributors - they are the front line. Hire experience it will pay off in the end.

May 2, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the work you and our HC team do. Crushing it!

Thanks for being a Dude.

"10/10 - Would recommend"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and opportunity on the manufacturing sales team. Management has a vested interest in making sure we succeed as individual contributors and they provide the resources to give us every opportunity we need to blaze our own paths. They understand the value of work ethic, but also understand we are humans and they go to great lengths to give us all the chance to decompress whether it be through a team-building event outside of the office, or just fun contests in morning meetings. They lead our team through unity and consistency, and are always willing to help when needed. I love how no job is too little for them. While they are in charge of a 40+++ person team and a substantial amount of revenue, they aren’t hesitant to make a call or email to provide a 2nd voice.

From a logistics standpoint, our go-to-market strategy is stronger than ever. We are already a force to be reckoned with, and I would imagine in a couple of years there won’t be a competitor who can even sniff us.

The outlook for the business looks great. We just recently got a new CEO, so I was hesitant to select positive outlook because I haven’t had the chance to interact with him as of yet. It seems like communication is key to him, which will be a big help.

Cons

Every growing business has it’s downfalls. The ones I have come from my own opinions, but are honestly way above even my direct leaderships pay grade. I’ll keep it short: it would be nice for all employees to have a voice on process changes.

For example: we were extremely excited when the paid paternity leave got changed to 4 weeks this year. However, disappointment set in when we found out the 4 weeks had to be taken consecutively.

I was hoping it would be the same process as my friends at other companies talk about: it just has to be taken within the first year.

The reason I say this is because as a quota-carrying employee, if I take 4 weeks off in a row (which I was told by HR it is “highly recommended”), then my entire quarter or possibly even the year has an increased chance of collapsing.

It would be nice to take a week or two, and then down the road when our wives/husbands go back to their jobs, we can take another week or two.

Advice to Management

No advice to my direct management. I wouldn’t want to be on any other team, especially right now.

Apr 15, 2018 – CEO

Real Time Update As of April 29th - As a result of your post, we have changed our policy to allow for non-contiguous time! Thanks for pointing this out and we got it fixed for you! e... More

"MFG Sales"

Current Employee - MFG Sales in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - MFG Sales in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company. You have a sense of self worth when you come to work every day. Management keeps our culture tight. They do a great job of communication. I’ve been here for a while now and the more the team grows, the more they try to make us feel like a family. Excited to see where this goes in the future.

New CEO is taking steps to put new processes in place. Excited to see where things go.

Compensation and benefits are great. Lots of opportunity to make lots of $$$ here.

Cons

We are in rapid growth, which is great and frustrating all at the same time. A lot of process changes to keep up with, but that’s the nature of the beast.

The one “serious” con that needs to be addressed: the plastic cutlery in the break rooms is unreal and extremely cheap. The forks melt in hot food and the spoons are sharper than the knives. We used to have the good stuff, but from what I understand the facility ops team found a way to cut costs. This is a wide spread complaint amongst my entire floor so I’m sure it happens on others, too.

Come on man! We gotta eat and it’s frustrating with the cheap forks and such. I would bring my own in but then I’d forget it and my spouse would kill me!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. And give us new forks and knives and spoons!

May 2, 2018 – CEO

Laughing. Yes, the plastic cutlery may be the worst on the planet. Dana has sourced new and will be replacing it. He has taken a lot of crap on that one.

Thanks for the review and glad you... More

"Great place to be!"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here. Manufacturing Sales leadership is the perfect combination of talents: the passionate, motivational leader, the analytical, data-driven leader, and the education, training-oriented leader. Working for them is fun and I've learned a lot. With the Dude brand being less known in the Manufacturing space, we actually learn to sell and can't just go off of an established brand like larger companies in the area. The place is pretty laid back, too which makes it feel like home.

Cons

It's a high growth company, so learn to be flexible.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Apr 13, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback, Thanks for being a Dude.