Dude Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Dude Solutions CEO Ed Roshitsh
Ed Roshitsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Overall, my work/life balance is better than anywhere else I've worked" (in 20 reviews)

• "The compensation then follows (great benefits too from day 1)" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Still some growing pains but success is not always a straight line as shared n this weeks town hall" (in 17 reviews)

• "For example; "make 50 calls while working from home or we'll take away a day of PTO" the continual hiring is laughable at this point" (in 5 reviews)

"Bullish"

Current Employee - MFG Account Executive in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - MFG Account Executive in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

At least on the MFG team, we are all bullish about our future. There's more addressable market than ever, and things are being moved around to give us all equal opportunity. Our leadership guides us in the right direction and they are tough but fair, and care enough about us to where we could all consider each other family. They aren't bosses, they are leaders who also know how to follow.

With that said, things are tougher than they've ever been from an organizational perspective. That's just what happens in a high growth company. If you can't handle the heat, step out of the kitchen.

The reason people say "there's a light at the end of the tunnel" is because you're obviously in the tunnel in the first place, and it's not supposed to be easy. If it was, we'd all be millionaires.

If you're focused, driven, and motivated to make money, this is the place for you.

If you're under performing and spending your days making excuses and working your own way out of here to the "greener grass", news flash: you'll perform exactly the same at any other company until you get your mind right. That goes for sales, leadership, support, engineering, or whatever position you're in.

Either hop on the train or get off.

Cons

Few and far between, but it's hard not to address them:

- Too many organizational emails. It may seem petty, but the emails about onsite massage and "this, that, and the other" that happen to be non-critical get annoying. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

- Access to our direct leadership: Can't tell you how many times when I need something urgent, I can't get in touch with my management. It's not their fault because their calendars seem to always be stacked.

- Negativity: Too often people complain about the dynamics of the team/organization and make statements that are solely their beliefs. Honestly, its disheartening that nothing is done about it. Focus on yourselves and what you can actually control, and not what someone else is doing. Pulling reports to see what other people are doing is literally doing nothing but hurting you, and only you.

Advice to Management

To my direct leadership: Keep on keepin' on. Those of us who are vested are with you.

To Ed: Thank you for everything so far, but please get rid of Fact or Fiction if you haven't already. Figure out a way to have users submit anonymously and also respond to them in the same way, but in a more direct manner.

Jan 9, 2019 – CEO

Thank you for the review.

Thanks for the feedback on Fact or Fiction. This is one of those ideas that seemed good at the time. “Create an anonymous platform to confirm or squelch water cooler... More

"Love being a Dude!"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

I love Dude Solutions for so many reasons!

- People - getting to work with passionate, caring people is one of my favorite parts about Dude. Everyone is focused on how we can help our clients. It's a laid back environment where everyone is friendly and inviting.
    - Software / Clients - We have about 12,000 clients and everyone is passionate about making sure those clients are successful. Knowing our software can make a positive impact on our community is powerful. Getting to hear success stories from clients is so inspiring and gives you a purpose for coming into work everyday.
    - Growth - Yes, we are a growing company and like Ed said in our recent town hall success is not a straight line. If you like working at a fast paced, innovative company Dude is a great fit. We are growing and it's not a perfect path so there are growing pains but we have so much growth potential. It's exciting to be a part of the growth.
    Company - We have a great work from anywhere policy (2 days a week at home). It's so nice to have that flexibility! We are changing to an unlimited PTO policy for 2019, which is exciting! Everyone here is willing to help each other, which is a refreshing change. There is a lot of transparency from the CEO - he is always willing to sit down with employees and is very down to earth. It's awesome to hear his vision and ideas for the company - there are so many exciting things happening at Dude!

Cons

We are a growing company so everything isn't perfect 100% of the time. I think managers could be more transparent - sometimes it feels very hierarchical.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent!

Nov 19, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the review.

Thanks for acknowledging the benefits. Our HR/Finance team really worked hard to get the puzzle pieces to fall in place the way they did. We truly have a "soft... More

"I Love Being a Dude"

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Dude Solutions for a little over a year and my experience has been nothing but positive. We are a growth company which means changes are going to happen - some good, some not so good - but that's business and it happens everywhere. I think what matters more is the way the not so good things are handled. Ed has done an excellent job keeping us informed and has been as transparent as possible. Plus, I think he's just the messenger. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the investors are telling him what needs to be done because it's their bottom line..like on Shark Tank.

Starting in 2019 the company will offer 12 weeks of FULLY PAID Maternity and Paternity leave! Plus, all Exempt employees will be eligible for unlimited PTO. We also get a lot of flexibility to work from anywhere. Overall, my work/life balance is better than anywhere else I've worked.

I love the people I get to work with everyday. Everyone here is so nice and easy to get along with. I also really like my manager and don't feel micromanaged.

Our products are also really cool. We have been winning a lot of awards for them recently, which should help us with growing our sales.

Cons

I wish we served Starbucks coffee instead of that other stuff we get.

More corporate discounts would also be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Ed, we appreciate you, you're a great leader.

Nov 19, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the review.

On your comment on investors...maybe not as much as you may imagine...but they are one of four major stakeholders that need to be considered. Dudes. Clients... More

"Employee"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many pros of this company. High growth, honest, transparent, real and most important the people at the Dude have passion and care about what they do and how they impact fellow employees and clients. We just received an 18 month vision that is clear and easy to wrap your head around. Exciting growth plans.

Cons

Sometimes we need to just get to the point and get moving. Still some growing pains but success is not always a straight line as shared n this weeks town hall. A clearer path and tools to make the success line as straight as possible would be helpful. It’s being worked on just wish it could be faster

Advice to Management

Ed has been CEO a year. Keep doing what you’re doing. It’s making a positive impact.

Nov 12, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the review! Bullish on our future!

"Glad To Be a Dude"

Current Employee - FP&A Senior Analyst in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - FP&A Senior Analyst in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People: First and foremost, the people who make up Dude Nation are the reason I have loved working there for going on 4 years now. The overwhelming majority of Dudes come to work with a passion to bring value to our clients’ lives, as well as the lives of the communities they serve. I work on our FP&A team, which has afforded me the opportunity to work with Dudes from every department and I can say without hesitation that we have a truly inspiring collection of individuals on the Dude Team.
    Leadership: Our leadership team is second to none. In my time at the Dude, I have been treated with nothing but courtesy and respect. On one occasion, one of our C-suites took the time to help me with some career advice relevant to something I was struggling with at the time… and on a Saturday no less; on another, a different member of Sr. Leadership went out of their way to help me out of a jam (both personally and professionally) when they really were under no obligation to do so. It’s also worth noting that I did not at the time and still do not report to either of these individuals; their efforts were selfless and came with no strings attached. In one way, shape, or form, I have experienced a similar approach to leadership with every member of our Sr. Leadership Team.
    Opportunity: I feel like this covers a lot of ground, but it is definitely a central component to the Dude Culture. More amazing than anything is the sheer scope of opportunities that exist. During my time at The Dude, the opportunities that have been presented to me have included, but not been limited to: speaking at Board meetings (something that is not always guaranteed in my role), developing and executing training programs (also not a typical function of my role), organizing my first large scale philanthropic event, serving on internal and external committees focused on giving back to the community, having dinner with the CEO where no conversation is off the table, and the list goes on. However, maybe one of the opportunities that has meant the most to me is that of feeling comfortable disagreeing with management and not feeling apprehensive about voicing those opinions. Sometimes I’ve been wrong, and sometimes I’ve argued my case well enough to sway opinion, but I’ve always been given the chance to put my concerns on the table and know that they will be given respectful consideration. This is something that tends to go undervalued, but it has meant the world to me.

Cons

The cons for working at the Dude are, for me, few and far between, but they are almost all related to issues that are present in most companies pivoting from a traditionally slow and steady growth rate to a rapidly expanding one. These include evaluating expenses/profitability, adhering to internal processes that allow us to be fairly evaluated by potential investors, and occasionally having to make tough choices around staffing. However, details about how these processes and decisions strengthen us as a company and fuel even further growth for us in the future are constantly and thoughtfully being relayed to us from Sr. Leadership. Growing pains are a part of the gig, and some people just have a harder time accepting that than others.

Advice to Management

Keep on keep’n on. Making everybody happy is virtually impossible, but we’ve got a good thing going here and I have full faith in our leadership team’s desire and ability to keep it that way.

Oct 30, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear that you are experiencing a good run here.

We have a lot going right. We have some things in progress. We have some things that we need to fix, but won’t... More

"Focused for Growth"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is positioning itself to practically double in size (Revenue and Employees) in the next 3 years. We've made key investments in leadership that's been there and done, that and putting functions where they belong to fuel growth. We have the market domination and branding to support the growth organically, which is often unheard of. And after 20 years in the business, our clients are still our #1 priority.

We've made advancements in recruiting and increased our benefits in key areas such as Work From Anywhere, Unlimited PTO (2019), 12 week paid Maternity/Paternity leave (2019) to attract new talent to the Dude.

Cons

To double in size within 3 years, this takes extreme focus and tough decision making along the way. It's impossible to make everyone happy.

We've got to clean up our back-end systems to scale appropriately and reduce the manual efforts that are being exhausted throughout the company. These manual processes have been career progression killers for several key team members.

We're losing SME of the market with the losses of more tenured employees.

Advice to Management

ELT/SLT - Keep open dialog and don't loose sight of what your front line managers and front line people need to be successful.
    Directors/Managers - Listen to the needs of your teams, don't ignore the whispers and coach.

Nov 12, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the review. From my perspective, both the pros and cons ring spot on. And, we are working hard on a lot of the items. We have a lot of lifting ahead!

"A good company with brutal growing pains"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I worked at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good cultured cloud software company that is growing and changing rapidly. A good place to cut your teeth in inside sales as you’ll have the chance to work in a somewhat fun team environment that is improving along with things like limited work from home opportunities to compete with other cloud contemporaries. Glad to hear good people and good salespeople 2nd are being put in mgmt positions as of late.

Cons

Good culture that they tout as great but has slowly been dying for years despite private equity investment and forward thinking leadership hand picked by the board. Sales leadership perpetuate a favorites club of untouchables that are treated differently when it comes to territories and metrics.

Advice to Management

Address the problems head on.

Not EVERY situation is an opportunity to coach.

Nov 22, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your review.

Growing pains for sure. The decisions/actions that got the company from 0 to $80M are a different set than the ones that will get us to $200M. Our founders did a great... More

"Best Place I've Ever Worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many to list but the people and culture are great. Benefits are good and salaries are decent. Leadership team is fantastic, open, honest and transparent. Collaboration and teamwork between teams is strong and better than I've ever seen in most SaaS companies of this size.

Cons

Nothing major, growing pains for a growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Glad to be a Dude!

Oct 30, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the review!

Glad you are a Dude!!!!

"Misery loves company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer II
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Co-workers are great. Co-workers are the only reason I stay.

Cons

Unrealistic deadlines in 2019. Change in direction and cancelling projects over the past year or more has us working on an old tech stack from a company we acquired. Innovation for only a select few. The engineering and product teams are going backwards. The engineering and product teams are scapegoats for not delivering. The senior leadership team can't decide what they want and keep changing their minds. Maybe a good reason for lack of delivery?

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. Assets Essentials is going to be the death of the Dude.

Dec 7, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the review.

I and a lot of other people are firmly behind AE as our future.

I also disagree that the engineering team is going backwards. I am proud of their work and they are... More

"Challenging, yet rewarding."

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

- Some of the smartest people I've had the pleasure of being around
    - Equally passionate people that want the best for the products above all
    - Open-minded company culture encourages speaking up and speaking out
    - There is always something new and exciting to learn about UX and good business practices
    - Amazing benefits

Cons

- Open minded company culture can sometimes be toxic and counter-productive
    - Communication across the company could use work
    - Change can sometime come very slowly

Advice to Management

Continue to push for open communication as well for accountability for when communication breaks down somewhere. Thank you for always wanting everyone to push a little harder. And thank you for caring about the hard work the people put forth for the company.

Oct 26, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the review. Rings true on pros and cons.

Ed