Dudnyk Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Chris Tobias, PhD

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Positive agency experience"

I have been working at Dudnyk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dudnyk has assembled some of the most talented and creative people I've encountered in my career. It is evident that management appreciates the team and shows it through actions instead of just words.

Dudnyk trains and develops dedicated, hard-working employees and is flexible enough to put them in a position to succeed.

This is the first agency I have seen that really backs up their belief in work life balance.

Cons

It's advertising...there will be busy periods, deadlines, travel, etc. Unlike other agencies though, there is an appreciation for the effort put in and the tempo does not remain excessively unmanageable.

Health benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Smart, creative people in a fun environment"

Pros

This company has extremely high standards, especially when it comes to creative. Suboptimal work is not accepted, and neither are negative attitudes that get in the way of that work. For the most part, people actually like and respect each other. Employees are valued and it shows with regular bonuses, raises, and "extra" wellness programs and support. An amazing place to grow personally and in your career.

Cons

For those that don't hold themselves to the same standard, this is not the agency for them. They either leave or are asked to, and they seem to use this site as a dumping ground for misguided complaints.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in talent, especially younger promising individuals that are the future of our business. Never stop believing in what we do and how we do it. Preserve what makes Dudnyk special.

""An agency caught in amber""

I worked at Dudnyk full-time

Pros

Smaller agency meant you were able to get to know people more easily and you felt like you were more hands-on with projects. It's important to feel invested in what you're doing. Not a bad place for someone new who needs experience. Spend a year and learn a little. Not a bad agency to have on your resume but don't stay. There's a limit to what you can learn.

Cons

For the same reason, it doesn't have a lot to offer in terms of diversity or career growth. People there have been there for a long time and it's pretty much set without any big growth outlook. That's why I say it's caught in amber. They don't do much digital either. There's a little there but I don't think they're interested in growing that. So many other agencies around that are doing that and more. And they also offer bonuses and perks. More perks.

Advice to Management

Well - first I was amused by the one review here that obviously was written by someone in the agency in response to some bad reviews. I just had a conversation with some co-workers the other day about how Glassdoor is front loaded with reviews - either raves or complaints - that kind of make it irrelevant. Most companies don't give it too much mind but I guess Dudnyk wanted to play a little PR. As for high standards that were mentioned in the rave, I would dispute that too. But everybody has a different experiences. My advice to management would be to just be more open to new ideas and to not play favorites with people because that was on display big time.

4. "Falls short of feeling like an agency"

I have been working at Dudnyk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before first hand experience, I'd see Dudnyk's name as a sponsor for events and publications. I'd heard they were known for creative chops and boutique-y clients, and knew a few people who passed through there.

Cons

It feels like being in limbo. Very little progress gets made. Passive aggressive exchanges in meetings. Like a clique in High School. Not the kind of energy you want to experience in an agency.

Advice to Management

Not sure it's worth offering. I think there's a comfort level here and a status quo that needs to be maintained for business reasons. There's plenty of advice that could be offered but not sure what good it would do.

"Limited and stifling"

I worked at Dudnyk full-time

Pros

Small so easy to learn everyone's name quickly. Free snacks.

Cons

Since the exit of previous leadership (and maybe before...) not going anywhere. Not a place for someone to really learn the advertising business. Odd project management system that gets in the way of doing work. Clients that don't want to do much and account people who don't know how to manage them.

Advice to Management

Recognize that account and creative should work collaboratively. Teach PMs to problem solve and not just follow a protocol. And if culture matters then establish a culture. There isn't one.

"Culture is a Joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I worked at Dudnyk full-time

Pros

Strong creative department that has created innovative work in the past. It was also nice having an editorial department in house, although that slowed down the process of getting anything accomplished.

Cons

I worked at Dudnyk under their previous president, so I'm not sure if anything has improved since then (I doubt it based on knowing the current president.) The Dudnyk motto of culture matters is a joke. Workplace culture is more than having an office party to celebrate a holiday once in a while; culture is how employees are treated everyday. In my experience, the real culture of Dudnyk is one of fear. Employees are made to fear senior leaders and are expected to go along with anything, even if you know it will be a failure. Open communication is not appreciated, you're just expected to do as you're told. Under the direction of leadership, account leads are afraid to say no to clients and will agree to any request even if it's not feasible in the given time or even if Dudnyk doesn't have the capabilities to support that type of request.

Even though Dudnyk bills itself as a full service agency, it's really still just a creative shop. Just take a look at the employees page on their website, it's all creative or account people. There is a lack of capabilities for any digital services, development, or marketing/media. However, Dudnyk continues to pitch business in these areas despite not having the adequate staff or capabilities to support this type of work. This results in the failure of many projects and loss of clients.

Not much concern is shown for employees either. If Dudnyk loses a client (which happens more often than at other agencies) then employees go on the chopping block and are laid off. Other agencies are setup to withstand business losses, but not Dudnyk, it is a very reactive environment. The general cycle is to pitch client work for a variety of services, say whatever is needed to win the business, win business but have no staff/services to support the work, assign the work to staff anyway or scramble to hire one person who might have an idea of how to do the work, project results in failure, client fires Dudnyk, Dudnyk lays off employees.

No development, support, or training is provided to employees. It's a sink or swim environment and you're told to figure out things on your own.

The best interest of clients is also not taken into account. The agency's main goal is to win awards for their creative work. It doesn't really matter to them if the creative is effective for the client's end goal, the primary focus is to develop something interesting enough that it might win an award.

Advice to Management

Create a real culture by supporting and respecting employees. Operate in the best interest of the client. Do not take on work you don't have the capabilities to execute. Create work that will drive business results for the client, not just something that you can submit for an award.

"Energetic, rewarding environment with great company culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Dudnyk full-time

Pros

Employees are fun, energetic, hardworking people.
    Executives and HR promote a great company culture.

Cons

Unequal distribution of work between people at same level sometimes results in some employees having much greater workloads than others.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage with employees at all levels and clearly communicate changes in company structure.

"Great people, fun environment"

I have been working at Dudnyk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dudnyk's culture is truly inspiring. The people are fun to be around and I look forward to coming to work. Great opportunities for training and development. Dudnyk wants their employees to succeed and goes above and beyond to make it happen.

Cons

People work extremely hard here, work/life balance lacks.

"Solid people driven agency"

I have been working at Dudnyk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dudnyk is one of the few independent agencies left in the agency business. The leadership and management are focused on instilling and positive culture and try to live and breathe it every day. It is great to be part of a place that has had a great year winning creative and best employer awards. Work life balance is something that they try and respect and maintain.

Cons

The challenges are not unusual - sometimes communication could be improved, but there is a desire to get better at it - it's an area for constant improvement. The benefits are good for a small-medium size employer.

Advice to Management

Continue working on the things that Dudnyk is great at - culture, respect and transparency.

"It's okay"

I worked at Dudnyk full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance, decent pay and benefits, and overall nice people. Location is a reasonable drive from the city and the office area is quite nice and well-updated. Employees have large cubicles or offices. Organization did a good job at fostering a positive social environment through celebrating birthdays and other personal life events.

Cons

Passive-aggressive culture when it came to dealing with issues among associates and coworkers. A lot of meetings where communication wasn't clear and deliverables remained unaccomplished. Also, there was a high turnover rate, usually without an understanding as to why employees had parted ways with the organization.