Dudnyk Reviews | Glassdoor

Dudnyk Reviews

Updated July 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"All creatives should avoid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Pros

- Great editorial and traffic department
    - Good compensation
    - Nice office space
    - Most creatives get their own office
    - Edgy and creative agency promotion

Cons

- Unlike most pharma agencies, you don't get summer Fridays or the week between Christmas and New Years off
    - Very limited amount of holidays
    - Agency can't seem to keep new creatives, they are constantly being recycled due to either firing them or they leave
    - Most of the creative department is full of creative directors, especially the copy side. There aren't many lower leveled creative folks
    - Communication between creative team and account team is non-existent
    - Communication between management and employees is lacking
    - Junior leveled employees are not given proper attention
    - Junior leveled employees are often given too much responsibility for their skill set, resulting in errors. These errors are then not caught by management
    - Many AEs are spread thin and unavailable when they are needed
    - Mistakes often happen and projects are sent to clients with errors
    - Feedback and constructive criticism is rarely given, prohibiting growth
    - Meetings never start on time, you are often left waiting for other team members to show up and meetings are rescheduled several times afterwards. This usually affects deadlines and delays job start-ups
    - Projects somehow get "lost" in the system. They don't get started up and then the day before the project is due to the client, someone realizes it never got started and there is a sudden disorganized rush to get it done
    - Very strict work hours, you MUST be in by 9am, even if you work through your lunch or stay late
    - Many employees aren't properly trained, especially with client submission software
    - Upper management is often never seen (ie. Ed Dudnyk had an office in the building and I had never seen him the entire time I worked there, he also did not show up to the office Christmas party)

Advice to Management

- Employees are hired extremely quickly (after only one interview), so perhaps the interview process should be slower so that the potential employee can meet the team and an informed decision can be made by both parties

- Communication is severely lacking at Dudnyk and should be evaluated

"Smart, creative people in a fun environment"

Pros

This company has extremely high standards, especially when it comes to creative. Suboptimal work is not accepted, and neither are negative attitudes that get in the way of that work. For the most part, people actually like and respect each other. Employees are valued and it shows with regular bonuses, raises, and "extra" wellness programs and support. An amazing place to grow personally and in your career.

Cons

For those that don't hold themselves to the same standard, this is not the agency for them. They either leave or are asked to, and they seem to use this site as a dumping ground for misguided complaints.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in talent, especially younger promising individuals that are the future of our business. Never stop believing in what we do and how we do it. Preserve what makes Dudnyk special.

""An agency caught in amber""

I worked at Dudnyk full-time

Pros

Smaller agency meant you were able to get to know people more easily and you felt like you were more hands-on with projects. It's important to feel invested in what you're doing. Not a bad place for someone new who needs experience. Spend a year and learn a little. Not a bad agency to have on your resume but don't stay. There's a limit to what you can learn.

Cons

For the same reason, it doesn't have a lot to offer in terms of diversity or career growth. People there have been there for a long time and it's pretty much set without any big growth outlook. That's why I say it's caught in amber. They don't do much digital either. There's a little there but I don't think they're interested in growing that. So many other agencies around that are doing that and more. And they also offer bonuses and perks. More perks.

Advice to Management

Well - first I was amused by the one review here that obviously was written by someone in the agency in response to some bad reviews. I just had a conversation with some co-workers the other day about how Glassdoor is front loaded with reviews - either raves or complaints - that kind of make it irrelevant. Most companies don't give it too much mind but I guess Dudnyk wanted to play a little PR. As for high standards that were mentioned in the rave, I would dispute that too. But everybody has a different experiences. My advice to management would be to just be more open to new ideas and to not play favorites with people because that was on display big time.

4. "Falls short of feeling like an agency"

I have been working at Dudnyk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before first hand experience, I'd see Dudnyk's name as a sponsor for events and publications. I'd heard they were known for creative chops and boutique-y clients, and knew a few people who passed through there.

Cons

It feels like being in limbo. Very little progress gets made. Passive aggressive exchanges in meetings. Like a clique in High School. Not the kind of energy you want to experience in an agency.

Advice to Management

Not sure it's worth offering. I think there's a comfort level here and a status quo that needs to be maintained for business reasons. There's plenty of advice that could be offered but not sure what good it would do.

"Limited and stifling"

I worked at Dudnyk full-time

Pros

Small so easy to learn everyone's name quickly. Free snacks.

Cons

Since the exit of previous leadership (and maybe before...) not going anywhere. Not a place for someone to really learn the advertising business. Odd project management system that gets in the way of doing work. Clients that don't want to do much and account people who don't know how to manage them.

Advice to Management

Recognize that account and creative should work collaboratively. Teach PMs to problem solve and not just follow a protocol. And if culture matters then establish a culture. There isn't one.

"Solid people driven agency"

I have been working at Dudnyk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dudnyk is one of the few independent agencies left in the agency business. The leadership and management are focused on instilling and positive culture and try to live and breathe it every day. It is great to be part of a place that has had a great year winning creative and best employer awards. Work life balance is something that they try and respect and maintain.

Cons

The challenges are not unusual - sometimes communication could be improved, but there is a desire to get better at it - it's an area for constant improvement. The benefits are good for a small-medium size employer.

Advice to Management

Continue working on the things that Dudnyk is great at - culture, respect and transparency.

"It's okay"

I worked at Dudnyk full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance, decent pay and benefits, and overall nice people. Location is a reasonable drive from the city and the office area is quite nice and well-updated. Employees have large cubicles or offices. Organization did a good job at fostering a positive social environment through celebrating birthdays and other personal life events.

Cons

Passive-aggressive culture when it came to dealing with issues among associates and coworkers. A lot of meetings where communication wasn't clear and deliverables remained unaccomplished. Also, there was a high turnover rate, usually without an understanding as to why employees had parted ways with the organization.

"Smoke and mirrors.. A total sham."

Former Employee - Creative
    Former Employee - Creative

I worked at Dudnyk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Location
    - Creative
    - Free coffee, soda, and water. Sometimes bread and, occasionally, they let you out into the sun.

Cons

- The CEO is a total head case and knows NOTHING about the business
    - Totally top-heavy organization with support staff shouldering the weight. No work-life balance for the ones at the mid and lower ranks.
    - No real vision...they really are masters at their own game because of the brand they've built. Problem is they can't deliver on the promise.

Advice to Management

Get a real vision and stop the cycle of hiring and firing.
    Reward the ones who are REALLY doing the work.
    Manage

"Just bad"

Pros

Convenient location with lots of options for lunch and good salary/title offerings

Cons

Unorganized, unprofessional, many arrogant and dishonest people, and poor business skills. Upper management is just looking to point fingers at individuals instead of taking responsibility.

Advice to Management

Just listen to what your employees have to say instead of ignoring them and thinking they are the problem

"Incredible - the people, the culture, and the vision for the future is better than anything I've ever experienced!"

Pros

Dudnyk is an agency that is poised for success in the new biopharmaceutical and device world. The leadership team has created a vision that is clear and easy to get behind. They support their teams and consistently position them for success. They care about the individuals that make up the agency and set a strong example of work-life balance.

Cons

No company is perfect all the time, but this is about as close as I've seen. Of course there are always areas for improvement - sometimes we are too nice to each other and could improve our work product with a bit more direct constructive feedback. The leadership team is taking steps to ensure that the communications process is optimized - over time, I'm sure this will make Dudnyk and even stronger agency.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the hands-on, visionary leadership that is driving Dudnyk forward. Stay in touch with all employees and never stop providing the kind of recognition that makes everyone feel so good. Keep pushing us to do our best - being named agency of the year by PM360 and winning a "Manny" award for best professional advertising campaign of 2011 was outstanding, but let's not stop there. Let's keep the momentum going and top that in 2012!