KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Duke Clinical Research Institute Executive Director Adrian Hernandez
Adrian Hernandez

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "out, management gives into requests or wants of the thought leaders that aren't always feasible or that don't always make sense for a given trial or task...as one can imagine, this doesn't always bode well for the staff working on said trial or for management who at some point has to answer for the progress, mistakes, planning or timelines of a given trial.(in 15 reviews)
  • "It is hard to bring (or keep) quality employees because of the low pay structure and terrible annual raises.(in 12 reviews)
  • "They are always researching the low salaries with other companies but salaries never change.(in 10 reviews)
  • "HR doesn't listen either and are of no help when an employee has an issue with a bad manager(in 8 reviews)
  • "Upper management made the wrong decisions and middle management were not supportive.(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

I love working here!

Nov 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

After over 4 years working at DCRI, I can honestly say that I love it here! I find the work challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. The work/home balance (even before Covid), is great. My manager is caring, thoughtful, a great leader and overall just a pleasant person to work with. I feel like my time is valued, my skills are used efficiently, and I am appreciated. The way they have handled Covid is what really stands out (especially since I hear from my friends and family members how horrible the companies they work for are handling it). DCRI has been very transparent about Covid, working from home, plans to come back to work, and basically communicates regularly on how things are going. They mailed us masks in the mail and sanitizer, and are not rushing to make everyone go back to the office unless it is safe to do so. They very easily switched to working from home when the pandemic began and have been amazing at handling employee concerns. As an employee I feel that my safety is at the forefront of their decisions and myself and my family are so thankful for that. They have also addressed topics of diversity and equality head on and continue to make strides in ensuring a diverse workforce.

Cons

The lack of raises and contribution to the 403B plan this year isn’t great, but understandable due to Covid. I really hate having to pay for parking.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t pay well and won’t advance you

Apr 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are very little pros

Cons

There so are many cons.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great research, Great people but chaotic and unorganized.

Feb 7, 2022 - Clinical Research Associate in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

World renowned research institute that hires top people.

Cons

Disorganized and chaotic with no work-life balance.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great people, Team-oriented

Jan 29, 2022 - Clinical Coordinator in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people with passion for clinical research, Team-oriented, Loved working here!

Cons

Pay could be better, not competitive within the industry

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good people, lack of strategy

Oct 22, 2021 - Communications Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of smart and caring coworkers

Cons

Pay is less than market value, changing priorities reveal a lack of strategy

6. 3.0

CRA 1

Jun 29, 2021 - CRA I in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, PTO, retirement contributions

Cons

Heavy workload, pay could be more competitive, rely too much on name recognition

7. 4.0

great teams

Jun 24, 2021 - Project Leader in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

great manager and teams, interesting projects

Cons

lack of promotion across DCRI

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Pros and cons

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance and benefits plans

Cons

Management-heavy, out-of-date technical support systems

9. 3.0

dcri review

May 10, 2021 - Project Leader II in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

leadership changes, salary and cross-group collaboration

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Antiquated Environment

May 13, 2021 - Senior IT Project Manager in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent retirement benefits. Generous PTO.

Cons

Micro management Old school leadership style

Viewing 1 - 10 of 184 Reviews

Duke Clinical Research Institute Reviews FAQs

Duke Clinical Research Institute has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 209 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Duke Clinical Research Institute to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Duke Clinical Research Institute employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Duke Clinical Research Institute. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

54% of Duke Clinical Research Institute employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Duke Clinical Research Institute 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Duke Clinical Research Institute to be coworkers, work life balance, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Duke Clinical Research Institute Job Seekers