Duke Health Technology Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Duke Health Technology Solutions Reviews

Found 57 reviews

3.8
Jeffery Ferranti
Pros
  • "The work / life balance is the best I've experienced in my career and it seems to get even better over the years(in 8 reviews)

• "good benefits - the best 401(k) in the country (its actually a 403(b))(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "DHTS has grown from 150 people 10 years ago to nearly 1000 today(in 8 reviews)

• "There seems to be reorgs every year to fix what has what was broken the previous year(in 4 reviews)

1. "DHTS is one of best places I have worked for"

Current Employee - Director in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke Health Technology Solutions full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

I have worked at DHTS for almost 10 years and have seen a lot of changes over that time. The biggest shift is the culture of leadership and how they have put a lot of investment in the employees and genuinely care about their well being. It is obvious that this shift started at the top (our CIO) and is further promoted by those under him. They believe in training staff and providing career ladders for growth opportunities,...

Cons

DHTS tends to sometimes get a bad rap because they are looked at as the first line of defense when something goes down or stops working with the technology. As these mishaps tend to have high visibility, that can create a culture of fear of making and sharing mistakes, which creates a lot of stress in the work environment.

Duke Health Technology Solutions2019-05-08
  2. "No Better Time or Place to be in Health Care IT - Duke Health Technology Solutions"

Current Employee - Leader in Durham, NC

Pros

Recent Town Hall presented by the CIO revealed a three year strategy aligned with Duke Health goals. This strategy and the new way we will be approaching it are exciting examples of the thought leadership and the very capable teams we have to take IT to the cutting edge of the Health Care industry.

Cons

There still exist some employees who cannot get past the paycheck and see the impactful work in patient care and research that we contribute to.

Advice to Management

Continue to use caution when presenting new plans and procedures so that as new ventures are added to the plate, others come off or appropriate resources are provided to accomplish our service goals.

Duke Health Technology Solutions2019-04-01
  3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke Health Technology Solutions full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great benefits package and the retirement contribution is awesome! They have flexible working conditions (e.g. work from home/office). Duke and this department specifically have a very diverse community of employees with varied backgrounds so the environment is rich for learning. The environment challenges you to think in different ways. Although the culture at Duke can feel restrictive, it causes one to construct...

Cons

Duke, like all companies, has a culture that challenges people to remain here.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your staff as they are the "ear to the ground" for your customers. Continue supporting and encouraging work culture development as this can get lost in the busy work of every day.

Duke Health Technology Solutions2019-03-28
  4. "GREAT place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke Health Technology Solutions full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Tons of growth opportunities if I put in the work. Can see direct positive impact on patients. My team is wonderful. Benefits. Managers do listen. Monthly 1:1 opportunity for me to voice whatever I want. Lots of training and development opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes feels like too much to do - but this builds confidence once you have accomplished whatever the tasks. Many have to pay for parking.

Advice to Management

Lowest people on the ladder rungs should probably earn more.

Duke Health Technology Solutions2019-02-04
  5. "From each according to ability, to each according to position obtained thru attrition."

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Durham, NC

Pros

Great 403b employer matching. Good PTO.

Cons

Those who understand IT are worked relentlessly. Those who don't are given a pass. Raises are NOT based on merit. Frequently management will rate everyone the same on evaluations so raises are distributed evenly regardless of merit. High rate of turn over. Skilled staff leave. Unskilled staff remain. Do the math.

Duke Health Technology Solutions2019-02-13

"Developer III"

I have been working at Duke Health Technology Solutions full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I feel like DHTS is a great place to work. Since I've been a part of DHTS I've always felt that I'm given the opportunity to dig a little deeper and have a greater impact. The work / life balance is the best I've experienced in my career and it seems to get even better over the years.

Cons

The organization is large and ever in a state of transformation so sometimes its difficult to keep up with all the changes.

Duke Health Technology Solutions2019-01-03
  7. "Great environment, mission and employee benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke Health Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Duke Health Technology Solutions has a continuous focus on creating a collaborative and congenial work culture. Several staff told this to me during my interview process and I was pleased to see - after my hiring - that it is the case. It is a privilege to work with some of the top experts in IT and be part of an organization that has an essential part of contributing to the healthcare of patients. DHTS is also creating...

Cons

I've spoken to many long-term employees and there was a less than ideal work culture and environment several years ago. New leadership was appointed and there has been a tremendous culture shift over the past 5 to 7 years. Some employees still reference this "bad time" and it can cause job applicants to be weary.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts towards an employee-centric work environment.

Duke Health Technology Solutions2018-11-20

"Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC

Pros

You get to save lives everyday. You get to help researchers find cures. You get to work with heroes. You make a difference in the world -- you get to do something that matters. Exposure to vast technologies. Exciting place.

Cons

Not the best place for folks looking to do routine, repetitive work; Folks who do not understand the urgency of saving lives and finding cures may find it challenging

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire the organization, it's a very special place to work.

Duke Health Technology Solutions2018-09-07

"Company that knows your WORTH"

Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC

Pros

DHTS is a great place to work! They are committed to creating a work environment that provides opportunities for career success, personal growth, job satisfaction and diversity. They are strong on work-life-balance and the benefits are awesome!

Cons

Paying for parking is the only downfall.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Grateful"

I have been working at Duke Health Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

Upper Management always encourage growth.

Cons

Parking Fees and Drive

Found 57 reviews