Duluth Trading Company Retail Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephanie Pugliese
  1. "Great store"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent managers and friendly associates.

Cons

No negatives about this store.

Duluth Trading Company2019-04-11

April 12, 2019HR Assistant

We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoy the overall work environment at Duluth!

2. "Average hourly salary for the area."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate, Part Time in Portland, OR

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great products that you can stand behind.

Cons

Only a part time job.

Duluth Trading Company2019-04-04

April 5, 2019HR Assistant

3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule Opportunity for advancement Opportunity for relocation Good management team

Cons

Starting pay is lower than other retailers

Duluth Trading Company2019-03-13

March 14, 2019HR Assistant

"Part-time sales associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Duluth Trading Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have a good crew, and managers are generally good. The store environment is good. We get generally positive feedback from customers about the store and our service.

Cons

Unfortunately, the company seems to be spiraling downward, with too much out-of-stock merchandise, confusing and even contradictory instructions and sales, discounts, specials, etc. We are usually in the dark about important details regarding products and specials. The POS system sucks. I worked at another retailer for several years where I saw the same things happening. I think hq management has lost the focus of a few...

Advice to Management

Get a grip on the direction you want to go and put the necessary resources behind going there. Stupid stuff like changing the typeface in the company logo doesn't make any difference to the customers or the frontline troops.

Duluth Trading Company2017-06-16

"Part-Time Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Duluth Trading has a very friendly environment not only for its customers but also its employees. Most of the employees at DTC give off a sense of family when working with you and tend to maintain a respectable environment without letting work become too dry and repetitive.

Cons

Management at certain locations tend to "play favorites" with the sales associates in determining individual duties, scheduling, and overall treatment of their associates. The managers I have personally had have all been decent to say the least, but I have witnessed unfair favoring of associates from hourly scheduling to promotions.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to focus more on the goals of retail and company pursuits, to adhere more to the needs of their associates and to show more physical presence on the floor with customers and associates rather than focus primarily on personal objectives that bring an inner boost of "management" to the individuals.

Duluth Trading Company2016-02-08