Duluth Trading Company "employee discount" Reviews | Glassdoor

Duluth Trading Company Employee Reviews about "employee discount"

Updated Jun 15, 2019

Found 76 reviews

3.7
Duluth Trading Company CEO Stephanie Pugliese
Stephanie Pugliese
Pros
  • "Flexibility on schedule to maintain a healthy work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Good employee discount, fun environment, excellent communication and awesome bosses(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are part-time be prepared to be taken advantage of(in 4 reviews)

• "offer those who gave you years of seasonal help first chance for full time instead of those that came in later and became(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "employee discount"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Pretty neat place"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cons

Low hours, customers can be wad bags

Advice to Management

Acknowledge people who work hard

Duluth Trading Company2019-01-02
  2. "A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leadership, flexible hours, employee discount, and other perks. Communication is amazing and all leaders try to help and if they can't, they find someone who can.

Cons

There are a certain amount of occurances that one can have. Once one has reached the allotted number, they will get terminated. It doesn't matter if it's horrific weather and the power goes out, it is still an occurance which counts against the employee, anyway for a home agent.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, because it works! However, when it comes to the reasons and set amount of occurances, I think that needs to be looked over and changed. For example, if power goes out in the call centers, does that count against each employee that is currently working or is it just the home agents?

Duluth Trading Company2018-10-29

"Growth reserved for a select few"

I worked at Duluth Trading Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee discount and benefits are slightly above average.

Cons

The pay is sub par and the culture is poisonous to the point that the Ten Welds are only applicable only when it is convenient. Hiring practices only benefit those that come from a majority force (typically Land's End or Cabela's). Anyone else can expect to be left behind in the position they were hired in.

Advice to Management

The company touts a strong desire to maintain a positive and open culture but the company politics showcase a deeply broken company that welcomes ideas from only a select few leading to the best talent being disenfranchised and looking for any better opportunity. If you want to keep the best, you need to start relying on the skill of the best instead of micromanaging them away.

Duluth Trading Company2018-08-04

August 13, 2018HR Manager

We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback on Duluth Trading. We apologize for the disheartening concerns you have expressed regarding your experience. One of our core values is that we strive for growth both personally and collectively and we will utilize your feedback ...

"Brand is fun, but culture isn’t as fun"

Current Employee - Belleville Location in Belleville, WI

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee discount Hours of operation Some managers are great Casual dress code - can wear jeans Location - nice being in small town

Cons

Wages Very minimal “fun” and extra benefits Minimal support staff Various hours - not guaranteed Favoritism and unfairness shown by managers

Advice to Management

Keep seeing hiring of managers and directors, but no support staff to keep up with tasks of growing company.

Duluth Trading Company2018-05-04

May 29, 2018Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear you appreciate the employee discount we offer and casual work environment in the small town of Belleville, WI! You're right, we are growing quickly which presents its challenges. We've been focusing on manager coaching ...

5. "Temps are disposable"

Former Employee - Seasonal Customer Service Representative in Belleville, WI

I worked at Duluth Trading Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training; generous employee discount

Cons

Poor communication from call center management regarding end dates. One day most of us found our seasonal job was finished because we were not listed on the latest schedule.

Duluth Trading Company2017-04-04
    • "Ready to Work!!"

Current Employee - Full Time Retail Sales in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company full-time

Pros

Good people to work for. Benefits are good for retail. Healthcare (Medical and Dental. No vision.) 7 paid holidays 80 hours of PTO (personal time off) 401k Employee Discount. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

None to list right now. Very excited and can't wait to help open a brand new store! If I had one con it would be that I would hope they offer a vision plan.

Duluth Trading Company2017-03-11

May 9, 2018Talent Acquisition Manager

We're glad to have you on our West Chester Team! In 2018, Duluth Trading Company began offering a vision plan for benefit eligible employees through EyeMed!

Found 76 reviews