Dun & Bradstreet Reviews in Center Valley, PA | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • The work-life balance is great; I am trusted to manage my own time with my commitments outside of work (in 71 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 46 reviews)

• Work life balance can be looked at (in 15 reviews)

"Specialist"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

D&B’s product catalog includes very solid proven solutions with plenty of positive history and name recognition. The company will likely survive this recent spate of poor management and rash decisions and be pushed through on their historical strength, flexibility and tradition of the current products.

Cons

In '15 company merged with a former spin-off company, DBCC. It was an odd move because of prior friction between the 2 companies over issues of client poaching and misrepresentation of D&B. The DBCC took over the small business portion of D&B and that animosity seemed to spill over into their management style. They instituted their own rules and have set in motion a process to turn a seasoned professional sales team into an entry-level squad who are required to follow scripts and be put on auto-dialers. While this might work for the very small companies that DBCC are used to prospecting to and working with, but it doesn't work for the medium sized to larger companies who require relationship building and strong needs assessment. As a result, they dismissed numerous sales reps - regardless of performance. The managers up to 2 levels above were given no notice and they were left to pick up the pieces of all those books. Myself, i had been through a run of well exceeding my target many years in a row when I was offered a package. Rumors have it that they have to hit a sales goal by the end of '17 and the DBCC folks get a huge payout. In the end, it'll be the client relationship that will be damaged and that could cost them business in the long run.

Advice to Management

On the DBCC side, listen to your seasoned employees about customer needs. New blood is great, but without any experienced mentors there how are they going to learn? For the rest of D&B - If i had taken this survey at the beginning of '15, you would have had all 4's and 5's. There was much talk from up above about being collaborative both internally and with customers and being constantly data curious and trying to do what you could to improve everything within the company. But in practice, it has just been a never ending corporate blood letting on overdrive. Fortunately, the products are strong enough that there is still time to reverse course.

"D&B a 20/80 workplace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The cafeteria is well run and offers a wide variety of menu options. The cleaning crews and security are very professional

Cons

Dun and Bradstreet is a 20/80 workplace - 20 percent of the people do 80 percent of the work. Managers and others seem to spend most of their time in meetings, working from "home", at lunch or just not available. If you are over 50 at Dun and Bradstreet and do actual verifiable work you will be replaced. If you do nothing and an not held accountable you can hide out in D&B for years. Please note that D&B Human Resources exists to protect the corporation from their employees.

Advice to Management

There are too many middle managers who simply do not know how to do the work they are managing. My last manager only knew was job description, I met him 4 times over a year. If he was asked to sit in for me and to my job he would have failed and probably would not be willing to learn my job.

"Relationship manager"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company was great until Jeff Stibel came
    In and made it a call center.

Cons

They don't care about their employees at all.

Advice to Management

Bob Carrigan should be ashamed of himself that he allowed this company to turn into what it is today. They let very good loyal people go due to Jeff Stiebel making decisions.

5. "Credit Advisor Position"

Former Employee - Credit Advisor in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, supportive co-workers and management. Plenty of communication between teams, leaders, coaches. Lots of incentives and creature comforts to offset stressful nature of the job.

Cons

Extremely repetitive work, with little or no opportunities to develop or showcase skills beyond phone sales techniques. Leads are plentiful but the cold calls are an incredibly tough sell, leading to a lot of time spent warming up leads for someone to close them in the future. Lack of tangible results can be discouraging.

Advice to Management

Give thought to raising base pay slightly

6. "Steer Clear of Emerging Businesses channel."

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fortunately, you can still make a lot of money if you work hard, especially if you were in position prior to the recent purchase of Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation. DBCC now runs the formerly know as Small Business channel of inside sales and is know as Emerging Businesses. Core employees make a higher salary and can really make good money versus DBCC employees who have a low hourly rate. D&B is a reputable brand. Companies need D&B data to grow and make business decisions. Company has been around for 175 years.

Cons

If you are looking to get a job in Emerging Businesses now, you can only come in at the low hourly rate and do cold calling before you can grow into any other positions. If you are currently in Emerging Businesses Chanel, you cannot leave or advance your career. There is a professional and then Expert certifications that are timely and make it hard to even qualify for advancement or career development. I personally worked hard to network and prepare for a role outside of direct sales and in Sales Operations. I applied last October and spoke with several leaders about the role to prepare. Needless to say, its been 6 months and I still have no update on that position I applied for, let alone a formal interview. There have been so many changes and reorgs that I guess I was just swept under the rug. The Emerging Businesses channel does not value your personal career path or advancement.

Advice to Management

Listen to the longtime performers when making changes. Take their advice into consideration when making changes. Value career advancement and help drive that rather than cripple and deny it.

7. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good team members and strong family culture.

Cons

Senior management - too much - too many and changing GTM strategies too often.

Advice to Management

Listen to your customers as well as employees.

"Credit Advisor"

Former Employee - Credit Advisor in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dun & Bradstreet was the best job I have ever had. This company is an awesome team to work for. This company is generous with compensation and rewards.

Cons

You must constantly walk the line of compliance in order to be successful here. There are some quality assurance issues that need to be constantly addressed during sales calls that are necessary to "talk around" in order to hit sales goals.

Advice to Management

You need to put more value on dedication and performance. I was fired for a one time honest human mistake.

"Uncertain Times"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Relaxed dress code, ample PTO, generous maternity leave

Cons

Layoffs are now happening every month and sometimes more often. No sense of job security.

"Credit Advisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

Pros

Full 2 week training class

Cons

Very hard work, but personal motivation and learning is key.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating us.

11. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Customer Account Consultant in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Account Consultant in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment, nicely financially rewarding for hard work and exceeding goals

Cons

changing culture a lot, reorganizations frequently