Dun & Bradstreet Credit Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • The Work/Life balance is incredible good (in 73 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 46 reviews)

• Work life balance can be looked at (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Dun & Bradsteet"

Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love everything about my job. My job at Dun & Bradstreet gave me every opportunity I needed to accomplish the goals I set for myself. Not only had it opened doors for me in every area of my life, the D&B culture is one I've never had the pleasure of experiencing at any other job. My coworkers are my family. They are always motivational, positive, and supportive. Every person at Dun & Bradstreet works hard every day because we are all out to accomplish something for ourselves or our families. I would recommend this job for anyone willing to do what it takes to get where they need to be in life.

Cons

It is a job like any other job. You will get out of it exactly what you put in.

Advice to Management

Continue to be supportive to help your teams grow to be better. I also love how you value your employees and reward us for our hard work. It is nice to feel like your company values your hard work as an employee.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thanks for the positive feedback. I’m so glad that you feel working here at Dun & Bradstreet has helped you achieve your goals, and that the culture and your co-workers support you in your efforts ... More

2. "Best Employer in the Lehigh Valley"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent team-oriented job. The most exciting and supportive culture to work hard and make well deserved money for. There is always help available. There is plenty of room to grow within the company.

Cons

It is a very aggressive position to take on, but well worth it!

3. "Incompetent local management"

Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you go way over goal you will earn big commissions. I have had several large commission checks.

Cons

Before I took the job, a friend of a friend warned me of the management in Tucson. OMG, I should have listened. The management team consists of, for the most part, uneducated rednecks with no leadership skills and definitely no HR training. Racist and sexist occur all the time. They like to challenge men's manhood by asking a rep if they "have a pair". I have heard a Manager compare a sales call to a sexual act. They are so ignorant they even brag about being ignorant. One Manager's favorite line "I have had a million HR complaints but I am like Teflon nothing sticks".

Advice to Management

Some HR training and general leadership training might be an idea.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Mar 1, 2017 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take all such concerns very seriously. At Dun & Bradstreet, we take pride in our culture, and ensuring it is a safe and equitable place to work for our ... More

5. "Business Credit Advisor"

Former Employee - Credit Advisor in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Credit Advisor in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High earning capabilities, strong team camaraderie, many additional bonus opportunities, team building MVP trips and outings, excellent training, and great pride being a part of a company over a 175 years old.

Cons

Corporate restructuring cost me my position. Other than that, there were really no cons.

Advice to Management

Fairness to all employees when it comes to handing out "pilot" programs in campaigns, from which to work. Those pilots should be awarded according to dedication, performance and not primarily personal favoritism.

"Expert Certified Credit Advisor"

Former Employee - Certified Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Certified Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than a year)

Pros

None. This place is horrible and a revolving door. You have vacation but they won't let you take it

Cons

they take money from your paycheck for using we instead of they - thousands and thousands of dollars were taken from my paycheck for Q2;s. Illegal activities by management all the time

7. "Credit Advisor Position"

Former Employee - Credit Advisor in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, supportive co-workers and management. Plenty of communication between teams, leaders, coaches. Lots of incentives and creature comforts to offset stressful nature of the job.

Cons

Extremely repetitive work, with little or no opportunities to develop or showcase skills beyond phone sales techniques. Leads are plentiful but the cold calls are an incredibly tough sell, leading to a lot of time spent warming up leads for someone to close them in the future. Lack of tangible results can be discouraging.

Advice to Management

Give thought to raising base pay slightly

"Too Many Uncertainties"

Current Employee - Credit Advisor/RM in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Credit Advisor/RM in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people overall, friendly, good benefits, co has had good reputation

Cons

New Regime has no clue who our customers are and what our products are in Emerging Business The core customer base will disappear instead of grow so management will not get their 30 mil bonus.If you act like a classless call center that is the result.

Advice to Management

Get a handle on Emerging Business. By then the talent you have of educated professional will be gone and your ship will sink.

"credit advisor"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Initially decent orientation, and training program. -- opportunity to make decent money. Great office massage chairs, ping pong, video gsmes

Cons

It's like a cult, no job security, you are disposable. Upper Management is unprofessional, lacking in HR skills, and inexpierinced.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, Treat people with dignity, and respect, not like disposable objects, DRUG TEST Managers and employees

"Credit Advisor"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dun & Bradstreet was the best job I have ever had. This company is an awesome team to work for. This company is generous with compensation and rewards.

Cons

You must constantly walk the line of compliance in order to be successful here. There are some quality assurance issues that need to be constantly addressed during sales calls that are necessary to "talk around" in order to hit sales goals.

Advice to Management

You need to put more value on dedication and performance. I was fired for a one time honest human mistake.

"Credit Advisor - Tucson AZ"

Former Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits start the first day. Pay is somewhat competitive.

Cons

Benefits are very expensive with only 2 options - high deductible or higher deductible. In training, they promise you lots: perks, monetary incentives, etc. Almost none of this is true. They give you a "credibility card" which they claim you will fill frequently due to contests, spiffs, bonuses, and commission. However, the managers make promises of money for performance and then do not pay out or "forget" to load money to your card. When someone makes a sale, the entire floor screams in the background - VERY unprofessional when you are on the phones with customers. Managers call meetings, then forget that they called one. You are constantly pulled off the phone for useless meetings when you should be on the phone making sales. HIGH TURNOVER BECAUSE OF INCONSISTENT AND POOR MANAGEMENT.

Advice to Management

Stop calling useless meetings that contribute nothing to sales motivation. Stop yelling and screaming while advisors are on the phone with customers.