Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Updated May 8, 2021

3.5
Dun & Bradstreet CEO Anthony Jabbour
Anthony Jabbour
Pros
  • "Environment and work life balance(in 125 reviews)

• "Overall, a flexible work environment(in 62 reviews)

• Cons
  • "D&B will likely be sold again in a few years after the new investors are done gutting it(in 67 reviews)

• "Constant changes in senior management since going private(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dun & Bradstreet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Great company for career growth

Apr 7, 2021 - Director in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started at D&B 8 years ago and have never stopped learning and developing. I have been a part of several career defining projects that have made me into the leader I am today. If you are willing to put in the work - the opportunities are endless. My co-workers are also fantastic. I have made lifelong friends at D&B and cherish their relationships. A full table at my wedding was dedicated to D&B and I wouldn't have had it any other way! We truly take care of one another.

Cons

There is a lot of change within the organizaton. But if you are OK with change or can add value to a changing landscape - this is the place for you.

Senior Talent Acquisition Coordinator

As part of #TeamDnB for almost a decade, we extend our heartfelt thanks for your dedication over the years! It’s amazing to hear about your professional triumphs and personal milestones at Dun & Bradstreet. Thank you for spotlighting our awesome people and our opportunities for growth and professional development.

2. 5.0

Great opportunities for growth

Apr 7, 2021 - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first time in a very long time that I have felt needed and wanted at a job. D&B has great growth opportunities and management fully supports their employees. I'm free to make my decisions on how to improve the quality of our product. And am fully supported to use what ever tools necessary to do the job. Everyone I work with is great and we really support each other. Overall this is a very positive environment to work in.

Cons

So far I have not found any con's to complain about.

Senior Talent Acquisition Coordinator

We're happy to hear that you feel valued, supported, and empowered at your job on the Austin tech team! Thank you for being part of #TeamDnB as we keep moving onward and upward.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dun & Bradstreet - the 180 year old company with a start up mindset

Apr 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

D&B has made incredible leaps forward in so many ways over the past 2 years. We evolved from a public company to a private company and then back to a publicly traded company in 18 months. We have acquired 4 companies with a huge expansion into Europe via Bisnode. We are developing exciting products, we continue to invest in our people, we focus on growth, we reward people for their efforts, and we continue to foster our entrepreneurial spirit. Best of all, Dun & Bradstreet has done these amazing things without disrupting the core fabric of our organization! Overall, D&B is still storied 180-year-old leader with rich history of growth, a unique ability to impact its customers with unparalleled data & insights, and we remain laser focused on doing good for our global community. Dun & Bradstreet has accomplished so much in such a short amount of time (during a pandemic no less) thanks to the incredible energy & determination of its employees & leaders! Dun & Bradstreet (from the top down) has never wavered on our values of being Data Inspired, Inherently Generous, and Relentless Curious. You will find everyone is approachable, genuine, and willing to lean in no matter what the situation. If you are looking for a company that recognizes greatness, encourages curiosity & innovation, challenges you, and encourages you to push your career aspirations to the limit, then Dun & Bradstreet should be the start of your career search! Here are a few other Pro - Excellent Benefits - Work life balance - bleeding edge technology

Cons

I can't really list any cons

Senior Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Wow! Thank you for being part of #TeamDnB for years and helping contribute to our great culture. We appreciate you sticking with us and can’t wait to build an even better future together. Onward!

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Top Talent Retention is Iffy

Apr 9, 2021 - Customer Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dun&Bradstreet provides a flexible work environment and they have made it clear that they do care about their people. A couple of examples are: - Paid bonuses and gave merit raises in a year that was tough -There is an acknowledgement that burnout is a possibility and that mental health is important in this unprecedented year - Work life balance is excellent - Although roles can be somewhat confusing, there is always an easy way to step in and have an impact with a customer or with an internal project simply by voicing your informed opinion or good idea.

Cons

Although Dun&Bradstreet is making a lot of strides to transform and modernize their products (which does offer career opportunities), I don't see it at a place where top talent comes and remains, particularly due to the pay and career advancement opportunities. It is also clear that the company has relied on its long standing reputation and history for a long time. We should be building products that customers actually love and want to use and not adding features to keep up with competitors and check boxes. The company is clearly hungry for growth and for its own transformation, but it is unclear if it will be able to shed the old habits. I recognize that this is a relatively new path for Dun&Bradstreet, but the whole point of the company going private and then public was to transform.

Senior Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write such thoughtful and detailed feedback. We appreciate you being part of #TeamDnB for years. Most importantly, we’re glad to hear that you feel supported at work. We’ve heard your other points and would like to learn more. Please reach out to us at peoplefeedback@dnb.com.

5. 4.0

Amazing team members

May 4, 2021 - Vice President Analytics in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

My team and colleagues are smart, highly motivated and a pleasure to work with. There are many mid level leaders who create good sub-cultures and focus on growing their people.

Cons

The president thrives on non-constructive conflict and engenders fear throughout his org. He talks a positive leadership game, but no one is buying it when we hear about how he treats members of his team. Some of his direct reports march to the same drum and are more feared than admired.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and grow

Apr 8, 2021 - Senior Director, Engineering in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

DnB has long history, strong culture, and respects each individual. Work with many supper talented and also experienced engineers, which makes each individual stronger and get things well done much more easier. The engineering teams here are using modern architecture, design patterns and technologies to build SaaS platform, and each individual is encouraged to learn new skills, so you can learn and grow quickly. The software engineering team is growing fast, many new opportunities are available.

Cons

DnB is not a traditional IT company, culture is great but maybe not same as most of the IT companies.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

We appreciate your thorough feedback about our tech teams! We’re growing quickly and love hearing that you feel surrounded by knowledgeable, talented, and respectful teammates. Thanks for being an important part of #TeamDnB! We value you and are excited to see where your path takes you at Dun & Bradstreet.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company with tons of opportunity

May 4, 2021 - Finance Director in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for hard working individuals are available. Work hard and the next role/project will find you.

Cons

Cost cutting of private equity team

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

A Great Place to Work - Mostly

Apr 7, 2021 - Undisclosed Management Position in Center Valley, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

In some teams, great culture, great teamwork; terrific benefits including very generous PTO, casual dress code, volunteer time, and more. Lot's of diversity at the employee level and fun environment.

Cons

D&B does reorganizations constantly, so you never really know if you'll have a job tomorrow. The new CEO/Senior leadership is very much old-school, middle-aged white men, with one token woman. They are often disconnected to the team and are clearly out for profit over caring for the team.

Senior Talent Acquisition Coordinator

We appreciate your candor and the time you’ve taken to share your perspective as a longtime teammate. Thank you for highlighting our diverse teams, great people, and other perks. Although you’re no longer with us, we’d still like to hear more about your other points. If you’d like to continue this conversation, please email us at peoplefeedback@dnb.com.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Software Developer

Apr 30, 2021 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance, supportive teammate

Cons

leadership change, unclear strategy, high turnover

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Needs a vision for growth.

Apr 29, 2021 - Director in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing breadth and depth of company data.

Cons

Current leadership (consortium of private equity) did the easy part... 1) privatize 2) layoff ~20% workforce 3)re-issue stock at a higher multiple due to cost savings. However, what they are missing is a vision for growth. They talk about finding growth, but they don't know where it will come from or how to get there.

2 people found this review helpful