Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Work/Life balance is incredible good (in 78 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 47 reviews)

• Work life balance kinda difficult (in 18 reviews)

"A good place to work"

Former Employee - Editor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Editor in Austin, TX

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There's every reason to have confidence in current upper management. They seem to be on an upward trajectory. The brand marketing has improved significantly. Their corporate culture celebrates knowledge and kindness. Bad bosses or nasty people aren't tolerated for long. This is a place where people aren't micro-managed or bullied. I never had a boss who treated me unkindly or held unrealistic expectations as to my job performance. Benefits and pay are now comparable to other large companies, maybe even tech companies in this area. Nice new location with several swank amenities in a "good" area of town. PTO is generous and about 2x the amount of other employers.

Cons

The company rested on its laurels for many years and let technology get ahead of it. That's swiftly changing for the good. Previous management's focus seemed (from the outside looking in) more about how to minimize damage than about how to cultivate new growth. Leadership/career development could still use some improvement. The new office is not centrally located and not amenable to public transportation usage.

Advice to Management

Like many large organizations, there aren't enough opportunities for lateral movement or upward career trajectory. There was next to no emphasis on employee development until the last few months I was there. It's not an employer's responsibility to guide the career paths of its employees, especially given our current economy. I would never imply that my career success is anyone's responsibility other than my own. However, it would be nice, when an employee expresses interest, ambition, and initiative, if more guidance would be provided by leadership. That being said, it was a fundamentally positive experience. I would go back if a job came along for which I would be a good fit. I'd rank D&B among the top 3 employers I've ever had the privilege to work for.

2. "Sales"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Great company, culture, and people

Cons

A bit stodgy and not flexible.

3. "People Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, very team-oriented, collaborative environment that offers a lot of flexibility which allows for a genuine work-life balance

Cons

Very happy at the company, no downsides I've experienced so far

4. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Don't take care of employees

5. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company for the resume, and good bonus and pay structure

Cons

Minimal work life balance, bad leaders, and inconsistency. Be careful with the lure of a well known company. You are judged way more on what time you leave the office rather than the quality of work that you do. Inconsistent leaders, that will throw employees under the bus at all costs to ensure their reputation stays intact. Just be careful when pursuing any opportunities here.

Advice to Management

Be consistent, and be cognizant of employees life and responsibilities outside of the office.

"Old stable, slow moving, without much of a future"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, work from home options, average pay

Cons

Dinosaur of a company that doesn't have a future in the global data space. Basically, it is lists in a flat file with no machine learning or AI to make data actionable.

Advice to Management

Consider investing in technology. Providing updates on contact data and company tree structure every 9 months isn't going to cut it in this day and age.

"Great company and culture"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive environment; strong encouragement to bring your best self to the office each day; leaders empower their people; failures are celebrated and used to learn from

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep providing an encouraging environment and challenge us more to challenge the status quo!

"Great place, great people - too much churn"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Benefits are competitive. Most people are smart, friendly, helpful. Good work/life balance.

Cons

In an effort to "grow the business," good sr managers are replaced with new people who try to re-invent the old wheel and bring in their own new teams to replace the seasoned talent. Then they are replaced and he cycle continues. No sense of longevity here. Very poor morale. Not a long-term job...

Advice to Management

If your greatest asset is your people, live by it and retain those good, smart talented people, leaders included. "Do Good" for your own...

"Account Executive"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Free food etc to try and offset the transactional, 'car salesman' sales mentality

Cons

-Management changes their minds on process and priorities WEEKLY
    -Rules of engagement allow reps to steal eachother's opportunities, regardless of who had the true relationship with the customer
    -Pricing has zero consistency - reps will steal your leads and undercut on pricing just to get pennies of commisson
    - leads are weak, with no real territoy design even though that is what we preach every day
    -'Blitzes' consist of calling customers who we lost deals to, with no gtm strategy or product related initiative
    - metrics are more of a priority than anything else.
    - YTD quota in reality, but monthly quota trumps all, and stupid discounts are given that either chase good business away or get deals in for pennies chasing an unreal goal

Advice to Management

Get with it, or you'll lose any real talent you may have

10. "Not as great as they say they are!"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Lots of good, hard working people here but they are basically hamstrung by ridiculous C-level VPs and their self entitled executive admins.

Cons

They treat much of their workforce here as disposable. Quite a few lawsuits centered on unlawful termination. Enter at your own risk!