Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Work/Life balance is incredible good (in 79 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 50 reviews)

• Management has little regard for work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

"Culture in process of modernizing, but hard to change old habits for some"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Bob Carrigan has done a great job of modernizing the culture, and focusing on investing in growth. I could see the evolution of the company and culture during my time there. There is a lot of room for innovation, and this is starting to be encouraged more.

Cons

It is an old company with many obstacles to getting things done. It is a very meeting-driven culture, and things take longer than they should to get done. While it isn't a huge company, its culture and behaviors are sometimes more similar to a larger company than D&B's actual size. Layoffs are a way of life at any company, but the fear of layoffs at D&B also incentivizes the wrong behavior, as many people spend more time positioning themselves politically rather than working towards common goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on growth and innovation. Provide more opportunities for top achievers to excel and grow.

2. "Delivery consultant"

Former Employee - Delivery Consultant in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Delivery Consultant in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company. Work life balance is wonderful. Building is modern. The company is very health mind and body conscious Benefits are great

Cons

Challenging work. Month end and quarter ends can be tough. There is always a team of people always willing to help.

3. "Customer Care Consultant"

Former Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits.
    Established company.

Cons

Management has little regard for work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Consider keeping long term associates. They are the ones with the deepest data knowledg.

4. "Software Developer"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

great team, challenging projects to work on

Cons

not observed any thing such

"A good place to work"

Former Employee - Editor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Editor in Austin, TX

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There's every reason to have confidence in current upper management. They seem to be on an upward trajectory. The brand marketing has improved significantly. Their corporate culture celebrates knowledge and kindness. Bad bosses or nasty people aren't tolerated for long. This is a place where people aren't micro-managed or bullied. I never had a boss who treated me unkindly or held unrealistic expectations as to my job performance. Benefits and pay are now comparable to other large companies, maybe even tech companies in this area. Nice new location with several swank amenities in a "good" area of town. PTO is generous and about 2x the amount of other employers.

Cons

The company rested on its laurels for many years and let technology get ahead of it. That's swiftly changing for the good. Previous management's focus seemed (from the outside looking in) more about how to minimize damage than about how to cultivate new growth. Leadership/career development could still use some improvement. The new office is not centrally located and not amenable to public transportation usage.

Advice to Management

Like many large organizations, there aren't enough opportunities for lateral movement or upward career trajectory. There was next to no emphasis on employee development until the last few months I was there. It's not an employer's responsibility to guide the career paths of its employees, especially given our current economy. I would never imply that my career success is anyone's responsibility other than my own. However, it would be nice, when an employee expresses interest, ambition, and initiative, if more guidance would be provided by leadership. That being said, it was a fundamentally positive experience. I would go back if a job came along for which I would be a good fit. I'd rank D&B among the top 3 employers I've ever had the privilege to work for.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Sep 26, 2017 – Global Head Of Talent

Thanks for taking the time here to write such a thoughtful and thorough review of your experience at Dun & Bradstreet and our Austin office location. As you pointed out, as a large company, there are... More

6. "Great company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet as a contractor

Pros

Great work environment, hours are flexible and always a lot going on.

Cons

Can be slow at times, many different offices means that your team is spread across the country so not a lot of face-to-face interaction.

7. "well oiled machine"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet as an intern

Pros

everyone is super friendly and eager to help their colleagues. smart, experienced people and a well established, well run and successful organization

Cons

because the organization is so large it is not very agile

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing and encourage more innovation

"Great place, great people - too much churn"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Benefits are competitive. Most people are smart, friendly, helpful. Good work/life balance.

Cons

In an effort to "grow the business," good sr managers are replaced with new people who try to re-invent the old wheel and bring in their own new teams to replace the seasoned talent. Then they are replaced and he cycle continues. No sense of longevity here. Very poor morale. Not a long-term job...

Advice to Management

If your greatest asset is your people, live by it and retain those good, smart talented people, leaders included. "Do Good" for your own...

9. "It's great"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Wonderful place to work and earn

Cons

I could always stand a pay increase

10. "Software Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, free lunches, music on Friday, great break rooms and team builders, provide best practices to rookies to help train...it was all pretty good.

Cons

High pressure sales and managers

Advice to Management

Provide a higher base and you will get better experience/effort from your staff.